Thread: Preparing for a day of Eve...first day ever with wig and hopefully make=up

Red face Preparing for a day of Eve...first day ever with wig and hopefully make=up

Did two hours of shoe shopping at the mall last night....wonderfully joyous, sometimes uncomfortable or anxious....first time trying on shoes in my home town.

Now I have a pair of low "sensible" and comfortable heels I can wear for hours tomorrow....my wife and I have agreed she will vacate the house one day per month so I can dress fully at home and be free to explore my gender fluidness....yippee.

Tomorrow will be second day and my first opportunity to see Eve in the mirror with hair, make-up and fully dressed. I am very excited, joyful, and a bit afraid. I also have to buy some make-up today.

I am grateful for the advice on make-up and posted you tube tutorials, I am afraid I will suck and look a mess.
    I am afraid I will be taken by the pink fog and discover I need much more time.
    I am afraid the illusion will not be strong enough to satisfy the need to express my feminine / female self.
    I am afraid I am going to lose my wife as I discover I need to experience Eve more and more.

I need to remember to let go of the future and thoroughly enjoy tomorrow. Live today. Go to work, get the work done for today. Then live tomorrow, tomorrow.....

Thanks for listening and for your support and feedback. I will need to lean into your support tomorrow.

Peace
    Eve

Have an amazing day, Eve. Enjoy being a woman and all that femininity brings with it. And as you've said, take it day by day. Look forward to hearing how you feel after the day!

Enjoy your time, Eve! And thank your wife from all of us for being so understanding and cooperating.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

First off enjoy your day. Sounds like great day planned. Next does your wife understand that you just need a little time and is this because she doesn't want to see you dressed kind of thing? Reason I'm asking is I learned 90% of my makeup and dressing from my wife being present and helping me get dressed. Your circumstances maybe a DADT type, which to me is not the way I would want it but every one to theirselves on it. Again enjoy and have fun.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Hi Eve, have fun and don't worry about getting the makeup perfect.
    You will get better with practice. If you look closely at the makeup on
    95% of the women out there it's far from perfect. The other 5% are supermodels
    who had pro makeup artists put it on for them.
    Hope you have a good dress day.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    good luck homegirl.....and dont sweat the makeup thing too much, its your first time, nobody came out the box looking totally awesome, that comes with time and practice .

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    ... I learned 90% of my makeup and dressing from my wife being present and helping me get dressed.
    Yeah, me too. Was gonna say this, especially since you mentioned the fear that as you feel out the shape and depth of your feminine sode, that this will necessarily drive a wedge between you and your wife. If she's not particularly freaked out by it, maybe try exploring some of this together.

Though we've been to busy to have one in a long time, one of my absolute favorite things to do is to have a date night with my wife, where we go out to a nice diner then hit the sale racks at the mall, bring home our shopping haul and have a night in of getting made up and trying on our new buys (and since I'm a crossdresser. .. y'know .. tons of selfies, lol).

Might be worth a try of your wife is interested. Remember, it's just clothes and makeup. You're still you, and she's still her, and you'll probably have a lot of fun if yall normally get along and nobody has any hangups about it :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Good luck Eve!

Enjoy the time - and remember this is your first time with makeup... Try not to fret if it seems hard (it is!) just be patient and know that it is a beginning and not a conclusion... You probably have lots of development to go in the near future, but just enjoy it for now...

And of course, you can return here and boast about it afterwards...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Eve, wow... Enjoy all the bliss in being eve!!! For me, it is rare that I can break away to be Melissa. But when that time is now, there is no greater peace & contentment than preparing & dressing!!! You will love it so much that you will dred in having to undress back into male mode. Have fun being eve. Peace, mel