Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mentality and dressing

I haven't been able to dress as much as I had in the past as my wife retired and we are in the midst of buying a new place and packing for the move. I'm dressed now as I was getting very stressed out and one thing that really calms me down is being me. I do think about it a lot but do manage to keep under control. Everyone is different even CDers so just do what works for you and most of all have fun. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    The only thing I have to say about this is that CDing is a process. How we choose to address that process is open to personal interpretation.
    Isn't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    here is an excerpt from an article I did on this very subject "How often do you think about crossdressing"

Crossdressing is in my thoughts very often, in fact alot of my decisions in life are based around my crossdressing. NERD ALERT!!!. Should I have that slice of pizza?? Probably not! ..Should I brush my teeth and wash my face before bed?????
    ( yeah...i think so). What about that beer??...nah...just vodka with a lemon thanks. Before I decide on something I look at both sides of things and try to make the right decision based on whats best for the girl in me so I guess its part of EVERYTHING I do or think about daily in one way or another. I may not dress full time either but I do my best to keep my mind and body in the game at all times. To me the girl starts from within and the clothes are just...well clothes really.
    Understand completely
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-05-2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

The longer you dress the more you learn there are definitely cycles to your thought processes. When you first start, or after you have been away from it for a while, your head seems filled with nothing but images of dresses, make-up, etc. This can be very intense if you have little to do or a very routine life as the mind seeks some form of stimulation. After a while, though, you get into a new rhythm of life and the obsessive thoughts diminish. Then something new comes along to shake up the status quo and you're in a new cycle. The secret is to learn to ride the waves to wherever they take you, and don't drown out the non-dressing parts of your life. Find balance young Padawan.

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

This part of me is never far from my mind. It doesn't take me long to come back to it that its almost distracting. I don't go out dressed very often but I think there's more to it than just because I don't go out dressed up often, I think it's just who I am and my need to connect to the whole me, not just a part. How long does the pink fog usually last? I don't think I've seen a lighthouse or anything so I may be completely lost. :P <3

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    I think Bridget's post above is spot on and describes well what tends to happen, certainly in my life. At the moment I seem to be caught in the middle of a Category 7 Pink Hurricane! Not that I'm complaining, I'm quite happy. But experience has shown me over time that at some point it will abate even though I don't feel that it will right now.

One thing that won't change, Pink Fog or not, is that whilst I don't think about Cd'ing all the time, I'm no longer a bloke that is blankly impervious to the female world. If I'm with friends socially I will hardly ever think about Cd'ing but if I'm shopping alone I'll be checking out the women's fashion shops more than the mens. Most men wouldn't even know if they had passed a women's retails outlet unless they were dragged in by their wife or girlfriend and even then they'd be hard pressed to feign interest for more than 5 minutes. Whereas I find myself craning my neck to check out the fashions as I pass the woman's stores.

I think it has to do with the density of the pink cloud. I would dress on a super random day and then not think about it. Now that I have pull forward by this I do find I am thinking about it quite often. The nice part is I am totally enjoying. Browsing the shop windows as I walk through town. Taking in the amazing amount of cosmetics and trying to figure what they all do.

Reading fashion websites a couple times a week and then honestly just being more observant about mannerism, style, and for me seeing bigger GG girls that obviously look like women. It is almost as if a filter has been turned on. It the past I might noticed a girl wearing a nice scarf. Now I am looking to see how she is wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-RT View Post
    Anyone else do this?
    To some degree, at least for me, the desire to crossdress is most likely always there; I just manage to keep it in the background, just out of conscious thought most of the time. But it takes a certain amount of brain 'cpu cyles' for the lack of a better term, to keep it suppressed, and eventually I can't hold back the feelings anymore, and the desire to be dress or behave as a girl just overwhelms me and it gets so bad that i can't think of anything else. For me, it's definitely stress related, most importantly, the stress that results from a lack of affection. When in a relationship, I don't notice it; I touch, hold and be held by someone enough so that I don't notice it. But if I'm alone for six months of more, I crave the touch of another person, and feel like I'm in withdrawal or something because I want that touch so much. And it's not sex that I'm missing; it's simple affection. You can give yourself an orgasm; you can't give yourself a hug. I don't know if anyone else here has recognised this feeling within themselves, but I know that a lot of women have simply by reading their forums over the years. For men, it's usually not noticed, as our sex drive is so strong that we mistaken the need for affection as the need for sex. But if anyone has ever experienced that sort of 'empty' feeling a couple of days after a one night stand , then you know exactly what I'm writing about.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.