Thread: Going out for a spin

Going out for a spin

I dressed up last night, which I'm always happy to do, when my friend asked me if I ever wanted to go out for a drive while dressed up as Stefani. I looked at her like she was crazy and said that of course I would. I then said I wanted to go out for a drive right then. We waited for it to get dark, which was around 8:30. That walk to the car was excruciatingly long, and I was nervous the whole time. Once we got into the car and drove off, I was fine.

Going back to college, I used to sneak out of the house while my roommates slept, and I would get dressed up in the country, out of a deserted dirt road, and then just drive for an hour or so. The last time I went out has to be at least twelves years ago. This was my first time in a very long time!

I drove down Western and jumped on I-40, headed east until I drove out of town. I turned back, went through downtown, and even drove by my work, hoping each moment not to get caught by someone I know. We must have driven around for an hour an a half. I decided I needed to gas up while dressed up, so after driving around another thirty minutes, I found a relatively empty gas station, psyched myself up, and proceeded to step out of my car. I gassed up, jumped back in, horrified and exhilarated at the same time. I survived!

I know it wasn't much, but that first step out into the world is the scariest. I need to get used to being me, figure out how to walk like a woman, as my friend says, and simply relax. Still, I count this as a victory! I can't wait to actually walk into a store and interact with people. Baby steps, people!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Hey Stefani, sounds like you had a great evening. Take your time and observe the GGs your age around you. If you present overdressed for the situation, you'll bring on unwanted attention. Sounds like you got an understanding girlfriend as well! That alone puts you one leg up on a lot of us when we started. If she says "jump" you say how high when it comes to your future outings. Have fun!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Congrats Stefani!

Feels so free and wonderful, doesn't it? The first time the most thrilling, but every time is fantastic.

Glad you enjoyed the experiance 😊 I just need to find the courage to do the same xxx Jessica xxx

Banned Read only
    Good on ya Stefani!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Nice!
    Looking very cute too!
    Love the glasses!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    Congratulations girl!! Sooner then you think you will be out shopping like all the other gg!!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Oh it will get easier for sure and even though you will still have some fear it will be such fun

Platinum Member
    I'm glad you had a traveling companion. Makes life much more enjoyable.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    On occasion I have relished going out en femme in the evening. My first ventures were strictly driving on the residential streets. Then I started parking and taking a stroll around a safe residential neighborhood. I loved the way the breezes caressed my stocking encased legs and played with my dress and slip. The cool air felt sensual. Some times I fabricated a reason to get out of the car. Perhaps I park across the street from the library, walk across the street and return books in the night slot. Or walk to a free newspaper box. Or mail a letter. I loved the inclement weather that brought out the umbrellas. Umbrellas are terrific for obscuring the face, and, somewhat conceal my six foot height. And, fewer people are out in the rain in the evening. Little baby steps. I will admit I have not gone out during the day. I have interacted with people on Halloween which was not as thrilling as I thought it would be.

Baby steps, baby steps

Baby steps are good. I went all the way the very first time. My highest heels, pencil skirt, thigh highs, a nice gray blouse. My hair down and bling like earrings, necklace rings. My great girl watch. Had to walk right past a cop. LOL. Was concentrating on walking in the heels right and didn't care about anything else. So, I think baby steps are good. LOL
    Part Time Girl

Stephanie,
    Yes baby steps are good, but that sound like you had a great adventure and a good friend to encourage you and share it with. personally I think this was a huge victory and I am so happy for you. Good, great, wonderful for you girl stepping out the door is so hard, but you did it and got out of your car for a fill up.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Reality Check
    Having someone to go out with, especially a female makes it so much easier. Next time, get out of the car and walk around, walk through the mall, etc.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I loved going out again, but it's a really small community, though it's strange calling a city of almost 200,000 small. But since I work with the public, it's too risky for me go out. I'm planning on making a trip to either OKC or Albuquerque in the near future, but I'm still looking into it.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

wonderful to read this, oh how I envy you.Unfortunately I am really in a small place but keep dreaming of going further than just a stroll around the garden at night, although I did sit in my car the other night which was great, except it just increased the urge to do what you have done,
    congrats

Banned Read only
    Nothing like a wing chic, OK, chicken wing...mmm, chicken wings 😴

Quote Originally Posted by StefaniLara View Post
    I need to get used to being me, figure out how to walk like a woman, as my friend says, and simply relax. Still, I count this as a victory! I can't wait to actually walk into a store and interact with people. Baby steps, people!
    You absolutely should count it as a victory! And I know that you will eventually get out there and interact with people - because that's exactly how it worked for me. Late night walks, then finally a movie, then going shopping - every step is a combination of terrifying and exhilarating, and absolutely worth it! I'm so happy to hear that you're moving in the right direction for you!