Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what would you tell your younger self....

Question what would you tell your younger self....

so if it were possible to someway message yourself in a back to the future kind of way about this crazy thing we do what advise would you pass on to your twenty year old self.....and do you think you would accept any advise....

i would tell myself it is possible to follow through with it....it will be hard....but it will work out....its a part of who you are..... i probably wouldnt take the advise though, i was such a butt-head back then....
    Last edited by mykell; 09-03-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: tweak
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    When I was 20 id been dressing for about 6 years already I'd prob tell myself your not the only one embrace this part of yourself you're not a freak or pervert, there shouldn't be any shame in what you do this is who you are, also really enjoy the figure you have cuz it won't last lol. xxx

Me when I was 20 would probably not have believed that the feminine me that exists today would ever be a part of my future. I was deep into denial back then, and didn't dare expose the feminine side of myself... even to myself! So I don't think any comments about CD stuff would be worth trying to impart to the 20 year old me. A few wise words on stocks worth investing in would be a far better use of that chance!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    "Quit fast food and start exercising!"
    That's if I went back when I wasn't exercising (between active-duty and the Reserves), so I could look better in a dress.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Alice makes a fantastic point.

my twenty year-old self probably wouldn't be at all skeptical. he might ask for tips!

Well to go back to 20years of age, that's so long ago. The problem is that even if I could go back and offer any advice, I'm not sure that I could have done anything to change my CD life. You have to remember that perceptions and attitudes were so different then,(we're talking 1970 here). But for general life, I would say, "go where your heart takes you both in career choice, and the country you choose to live".

I'm not sure I would want to change anything really. I'm actually happy with who and what I've become. I might suggest taking finasteride to my younger self though

Silver Member
    At 20 I had been dressing for 12 years and was probably at the height of my internal strife with the why did I do this thing, I felt good and then I felt bad and disgusting, weird and odd, I recall the despair I had and yet the massive enjoyment I had too when I dressed

If I could tell myself something I would say just embrace being a cross dresser, go with the emotion and don't beat yourself up about it, I wasted many years trying to figure out who I was and when I found my inner peace, I was finally able to enjoy, I missed all that wonderful time - oh and I would tell my self to make sure I told any potential partner, i.e. future wife about my cross dressing before we embarked on a future together - but of course that would be easy because I have now told myself not to be ashamed of it and embrace it

Quote Originally Posted by Ceera View Post
    Me when I was 20 would probably not have believed that the feminine me that exists today would ever be a part of my future. I was deep into denial back then, and didn't dare expose the feminine side of myself... even to myself! So I don't think any comments about CD stuff would be worth trying to impart to the 20 year old me...
    Yes - this was pretty much me as well. In fact, I had really buried that side of me pretty deep. I would probably just try and lay out some encouraging words: "don't be afraid of who you are. There are many people out there that support and love you. If anyone doesn't like it, that's their problem and not yours. Oh - keep doing art you idiot and wear some good running shoes."

Let go...
    Be honest about my feelings...
    Enjoy more...suffer less...
    No closet is big enough!

I would make absolutely sure I don't go to the party where I met my ex wife!

First: Buy Apple - Sell Enron...

Oh... you mean...

Understand and really, REALLY practice self-acceptance.

And really, REALLY practice makeup much earlier...

And really, REALLY try not to suppress this side of you so much - find that closet exit sooner...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I would have two wardrobes and depends on the mood I would open the more suitable every day!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I would have told myself to leave small town USA, go to college for something that really interest you. Dont be afraid to be yourself and lay off the dang McDonalds.

Hind sight is 20/20. 25 years ago we didnt have the resources we have now. Our youth still are going to have struggles but now they have some sort of support network. The general public is slowly being informed that being transgender is not a choice, it is how we are born.
    Erica

Platinum Member
    I don't know. The world has changed so much since I was three and first became aware that I was different. It left me with some emotional baggage that I might have been able to avoid had I known better. But then, how would you explain it to a three year old, her siblings or parents at that time.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    1. stop beating myself over the clothes that I like to wear!
    2. take up competitive bike racing, as in tour de France, great exercise.
    3. invest my money, rather than spending as fast as I made it.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Two words... Buy Apple. Re:CDIng : have fun and embrace it, especially while you're still skinny Don't take it so seriously. It's part of you but it doesn't have to define you.

"You know that idea you have of becoming a transvestite spy? Do it!"
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would tell my self to lay off the hash, and to stay away from yeshiva. And to quit smoking and to never leave Israel especially after the army.

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    Dreams unrealized are dreams lost. Buy GOLD !

At 20 yrs old I was a quarter of a Century away from any thoughts of CD-ing, which I didn't start until I was about 45. Looking back, if my life had been different I might have grown my hair out and worn Mary Quant minidresses &c. as it was the 60s, but I wouldn't have done that until I left home, which was at age 23.

As things panned out I wouldn't change much, although I would like to have ended up a bit richer......Wouldn't we all !

M.

Oh man, if I could go back and tell myself. I would not have the same life with all that I went through. It was long road to get here. I would not trade my life for anything even advice from myself. The discovery that it took me was impressively long and I was on a quest of knowledge. I lead an adventurous life and enjoyed many females because for some reason, i was not able to hold a real long time relationship together because of my feminine side. They always thought I was a strong male until they really knew me. It was easy to keep going through relationships and Ive had so many beautiful women. My last marriage was an open marriage. It did not survive and we both met so many good people. Sex was important at that time. My discovery brought me finally here with the knowledge about my androgynous side of my person and why I so have the desire to dress. Naw, the information that I have now would overwhelm my 20 year old self.
    Part Time Girl

Platinum Member
    Hi Mikell, I would tell young me, Get your ears pierced now, Don't wait till you are a 72-1/2 year old man to do it.

I can't believe that it took me that long to do it.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 09-03-2015 at 07:56 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I can only think of 2 things staying in the confines of your question. 1-do as much and as complete as possible 2-take more pictures and secure them and keep them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

well seeing as how I only turned 21 a little under a month ago I would tell the me from half a year ago to not isolate myself so much and try to have a happier demeanor