Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Package.

The Package.

So thanks to the sticky in this forum I finally get tucking and it's amazing. The new dress ( that this post is about ) looks wonderful.

Anyway so I thought I would share my online shopping story.

I saw this lovely dress online and brought it on the basis that they offered next day delivery. The reason for needing next day was due to family and friends visiting two days later - not that I wanted to show it off to them mind you . So fine I placed the order that night well before the cut off time.

Being paranoid about anyone finding out what I am "up to" I cleared my appointments for the next day and stayed at home waiting in eager anticipation for the delivery person to arrive.

The advertised delivery times are 9am to 9pm - I find that ridiculous. So by 12pm no delivery man and I'm starting to get nervous. By 1am I call the delivery company who say they have not scanned the item and it could be lost - finely by 3am a call to the company I purchased the dress from reveals it had not even been dispatched as promised by the multiple confirmation emails I received. They promise it will be in the post the very next day.

OK.. So at this point I get a semi sleepless night as my family and friends are to arrive on the same day as this delivery and from past experiences I know that woman's fashion packaging is not normally discreet, and my family assume me to live alone and be single so it's going to be quite awkward - to say the least - if they are on my door step at the same time the driver drops my new floral dress.

Next morning I'm checking in with my family (who are not returning calls or txt messages) to ascertain the ETA. at the same time I am calling the delivery company.

The delivery company puts me through to the dispatch department and I can hear the manager talking to the actual driver in the background so feel relieved to be given the "from the horses mouth" delivery time of before 1am. OK thank god, my family are due at 3pm.

BUT NO... 1pm comes and goes and no delivery person.... 1:30pm and still nothing... back on the phone this time they get the driver to call me back.. "ah yeah, no worries I'll be their in 20 minutes" ... 20 minutes pass, 30, 60.. it's now 2:30pm .. 30 minutes before my family is set to arrive on my door step. At this point I am ****ing bricks.

At the last moment I get the call from the delivery person... "I can't find your house, I'm down the road" .. I have to walk down the road get him, bring him back so he can photograph my front door and gave me the package.

Once he left I burst out laughing in relief. ..

10 minutes later my family arrives!

Platinum Member
    Hi Jemstar, O'my, That was a close one, I was having the same feelings about the (BRICKS) just following along with your story.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Boy howdy, how can a delivery driver not find an address. It's not like we have rural route numbers of route 3 box 229 anymore. I would be sweating it out to. Not to mention the company not shipping as promised.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Been there! I too have found myself nervously checking the "estimated delivery time" from the tracking link on my phone over and over in hopes that I would beat my SO home from work to grab my box of goodies before she came home to see a package waiting. Funny thing is, she would probably never in a million years open anything that she didn't order herself, the constant worry that she might eats away at my brain. Glad it worked out for you! I hope to one day be able to order stuff and have no fear!

<3 Lauren

Yes... For some reason this company will not deliver to PO boxes.

Anyway the dress in question is the one in my profile pic.. I just love it.
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-05-2015 at 03:18 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts you could have edited and added to your previous post

Lovely dress!!

Banned Read only
    Jemstar,
    I have so many near heart attacks I've stopped using the post !
    I remember my order for a French maid outfit with petticoat, everyday I tried to catch the post man at the bottom of my drive, saying I was waiting for a special surprise for my wife, when it finally came the postman kept feeling it saying how soft and bouncy it was ! On another occasion I had the same as you but I had pretend a bad headache had come on because it arrived just as the family were leaving for an outing ! Again the Email confirmed delivery two days prior to when it arrived !

Reality Check
    Having packages sent to your home address when others who live there don't know about your hobby can be nerve wracking and risky. Many vendors will only ship to the credit card billing address. They might agree to ship to a PO box or an UPS store if you pay with a check or money order.

As for "delivery", I have had some orders shipped by the US Postal service and not show up on the day the USPS web site claims they were actually delivered. I called the vendor and they tell me that the postal service sometimes marks stuff delivered when it wasn't and to wait a day. It has always come the next day but in a case like yours or if you were planning on leaving town, that would not be good.

Yes I live in a small community, and have had things (not CD related) just left with my neibours because I'm not home or they can not find my house. Scarry.

I'm pretty sure we could start a wikipedia page devoted to all the close shaves endured by the members of this site. I had a parcel due earlier this week. As time dragged on and no postie was making any sign of appearing, I got ready to go out (I mean girly ready). I was just putting on my jacket when knock knock. What's a girl to do, I answered it and got my parcel from the nice woman delivering it. "Looks like I'm just in time" she said.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I have my parcels sent to me at work; I get packages all the time as part of my job, so it doesn't look unusual. However, not long ago I had a large envelope left on my desk with a note attached from our office manager saying, "I opened this by accident - my apologies," and it was some pantyhose I had ordered. I've had no indication she saw the contents, and if so, she probably thought it was for my wife ... No way that fat, cigar-chomping slob wears pantyhose

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I TOTALLY know the feeling....I am living home rent free right now ( slacker ) and I do not want mom to see any , or most, of the packages that arrive for me, to avoid any questions as to why I spend so much... so I kinda do the same thing..I know the usual times they show up though
    usps 11.30
    ups 2 ish
    fed ex 12-2

i dont mind if she sees the occasional package, but when I order from Agaci or Charlotte Rousse ...I gotta be carefull, they come in Pink Bags ( not cool )
    the wigs shops too....gotta be carefull with those.

Very pretty dress hun. Glad that everything worked out for you.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

I get the same way with a lot of my online orders too.

Reality Check
    Some vendors will send you never ending catalogs in the mail once you purchase from them. paulayoung.com is good for this. There may be a way to call and ask them not to do this, I don't know.

Thanks. The company in question was Boohoo. I'm not badmouthing them as the product is good and I'm sure they are just not set up for CDers.

Life of a crossdresser isn't it great? I was still expecting a different outcome but it ended up working out. Wouldn't change my life for anything, YOU?��

No.. being hidden for me is part of the thrill.

Banned Read only
    Our mailbox is down the street where every house has its own secure small box. There are also three package delivery boxes. The keys to those are left in the small box. My wife never walks three hundred feet down the street. Since USPS is now a free service for package delivery, I pretty much know when the package will be delivered. I'd say there is not too much of a problem explaining a delivery to a wife if it comes in a Macy's, J C Penny, Sears, etc box. The problem may arise when it comes from a strictly woman's store that the wife does not shop at. If you're trying for anonymity be careful of picking it up at the catalogue desk of J C Penny or Sears. The SA's always check to make sure the order is right. You can receive notification by email the delivery is ready for pickup. If you use a joint account with a wife, then order the clothing in her name. If anyone does care to check our household on line, it'll show both names. Although my wife and I are DADT I still try to not ruffle (no pun intended) her feathers. i usually leave purchases in the trunk of my car until later.

I don't know if "being hidden is part of the thrill." I'd like it a lot better if I could relax in one of nice summery maxi dresses on one of our backyard swing sets next to my wife.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How funny, Jem! When I read, "Package"? I thot this would be just another gaff, thong, or "pantie thread"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Love your dress.know the feeling of OMG my wife is going to open this and it will cause pain. It has never happened though. You order stuff and it arrives and your so says did you get your parcell. And you say yes thanks and they don't question. Either becaus they know or because they don't want to know. Lol life is never straight forward.

Your dress looks like it was worth the anxiety it caused. I try having things shipped to the store if possible, as I've had some problems getting them shipped to my house. As Krisi said Paulayoung.com is relentless with their catalogs. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Read only
    The "Package"? This was bait to get me beat up again right? LOL 😂 wow, I can relate! When I used to care (thought it mattered) I would almost stand on the porch with my arms crossed, tappping my foot waiting for a delivery! I recently ordered a jacket from Moncler for the winter season approaching and it was being shipped UPS (pronounced 'oops' for a reason). There was no one home as I expected given the eta and I simply expected I'd go to the depot for pickup or they would reschedule for the following day...the driver left a box on my front porch worth a small fortune unattended for over 4 freaking hours! Needless to say I had a conversation with 'oops' 😠
    Last edited by Robin414; 09-04-2015 at 11:21 PM.

I know that feeling , so glad you got away with it.

Warning about companies that will out you

Have to be very careful with some companies. Hanes and 'Just My Size' which carries plus size woman's underwear, if you order something and it's backordered, will send you A POSTCARD WITH WHAT YOU ORDERED LISTED RIGHT THERE FOR THE WORLD TO READ ABOUT! I got one something to this effect:

"Dear Mr John Smith, the size 46b pink lace bra that you ordered is back ordered and will be delivered on/by September 30, 2015. If this is acceptable please notify us online or by phone".

So I notify them online, and get another post card a couple weeks later telling me that my bra is further delayed and do I still want MY BRA.

I'm sure that there are others. Perhaps we should have a sticky somewhere to help avoid potential problems by knowing which vendors will send us things like this. In my case, it really didn't matter because I get everything sent to a private post box and I get stuff for my mother all the time, but for anyone for whom it might mean being outed, that's more important.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.