Thread: What was the first item of women's clothing you bought for yr self?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow Paula. That was a great little tale... Thanks for sharing it.
    With my age, I'm pretty certain it was pantyhose as well.

My, what a tiny egg shaped package started...
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Pantyhose were easy to come by in the 70s when I was a kid, you'd snag 'em from an Aunt or a Cousin.
    Sophia.

I too was able to get by on mom and sis' stuff in my younger years. I never really lived on my own and my wife has bought for me for the last 30 of our 31 year marriage. One day back in the early 90's I was in a St. Vincent De Paul store by myself looking for other goodies I collected. Of course, I would always take a nonchalant stroll through the ladies section. In the past I had left behind quite a few "to-die-for" items because of my fear of buying myself. On this day, as I approached the nicely organized bin of undergarments sectioned off for bras, panties and girdles, I saw 3 gorgeous black girdles right on top. They must have just been put there. Two were panty and one open bottom. Lacy beauties with satin panels. Right out of the 60's. All in XL. I had to have them no matter what. I'll never forget it, some big biker dude had to get in line right behind me. I survived and still have them. More importantly, it got a lot easier after that.