Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first item of women's clothing you bought for yr self?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Panties, don't remember what color though.

pantyhose & then some shoes

Pantyhose, then dresses.

Leotards tights pantyhose and extra tights the sales girl made me get matching tights to go with my leotard
    They were danskins. So nice

Two Hanes Get Cozy ComfortFlex Fit Wirefree Bras (white and heather gray) and a Hanes ComfortBlend ComfortFlex Fit Pullover Bra 2-Pack in both white and pink.
    Last edited by MissDanielle; 11-22-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Aspiring Member
    White flat shoes,fishnets and a nice 3 piece blue satin nighty. Bought at the same time.

I would go visit the Lovers Package store and buy full body stockings and leggings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

Make up - always had a thing for it.
    Went for my lunch break to a chemist well away from where I worked with a 'pretend' list of things for my wife. I was single at the time and had a wonderful evening trying everything out!

A denim mini skirt from Goodwill
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

White bra and panties from a Woolworths that I never shopped in so I was not a "known entity". This was in the '70s.

Black patent leather pumps - 3"
    Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / Music is the best - FZ (Except of course for Dressing)

1968.... It was pantyhose and I was 16 or 17. The girlfriend at the time called me and asked me to stop by the store and pick her up some Leggs in Suntan. We had a date that night. I got to the store and of coarse they were giving me the "you pervert" look when I was picking them out. So I figured I'd buy her an pair and myself a pair a since they already thought I was strange! Lol

A pair of black tights from Woolworths. I was 21 and very nervous, I felt sure that the lady Sales Assistant was giving me dirty looks. I was full of anticipation as previously I had only wore my mothers flesh coloured tights. I was dying to put the black tights on but was very disappointed as they were a thin denier. I purged them the next day but managed to pluck up the courage to go on a spree and buy several pairs of flesh coloured tights in Marks and Spencers. I still craved a really nice pair of black tights and eventually bought an opaque pair in 4o denier. I love black tights still do.

OMG girl that was so long ago I don't even remember most likely a skirt.
    Angie

It was early 1980's. They still sold real Hanes Ultrasheer stockings in nice department stores. I bought all they had in my size in as many shades they had. She asked more specifically about the style, and I asked for reinforced heel and toe, 100% nylon, nonstretch, ultrasheer. I should have asked for fully fashioned with backseams, and full reinforcement on the feet....but this was already blowing my mind to just get this far! The sales associate was polite, friendly, and made smalltalk about how wonderful "real 100% nylons that are "flatwoven" are, how much more smooth, and truly sheer than just about all of the so called "ultrasheer pantyhose". She went on to say how much I was going to love their appearance, their silky feel, and how much I would love wearing them. So much for concocting any story that I was buying them for someone else. I just smiled and went along with everything she had already figured out. She was not wrong. There's nothing like them...if you can find them. Sometimes Ebay? She was about the age then that I am now. She dressed beautifully, wore nice pumps with about 3 inch heels, and I would soon find out...real stockings. She dipped her heel out of one of her nice pumps, noticed that I saw it, and she twirled it, pinning the toe to the floor so that the heel raised up about an inch, and she twirled it rapidly. I had never seen such shoe, stocking, foot acrobatics. I don't know what most GG's would have thought of it, but I was very impressed how nice she looked, and how easily she could take a simple thing and by using it for some harmless flirting, TOTALLY capture my full attention. She had the classiness to not overdo it. She gave me a show of her skill for about 30 seconds while we chatted, and then with perfect timing slid her foot back into her pump making a soft, feminine swishing sound. She smiled and blushed a little and said with emphasis: "isn't that sinful"? I jokingly said "I'll buy however many pair you have left in stock"! She thanked me for the compliment and reminded me that I had already bought all they had in my size. I asked her advice on what's best to hold them up, and she happily showed me a short open bottom girdle, pointing out how much I would like the reliability of the 6 metal garters, and the large, smooth, satin panels front and back. And she of course pointed out how it would flatten my gut (she called it my tummy). She said the silky panels would allow my skirts and dresses to slide smoothly whenever I sat, stood up, or walked. She said that without the satin it may cling and not hang properly, failing to give me "a really nice pretty silhouette from the waist down". What a TRUE LADY. She could have easily brushed me off and told me to find a drugstore to buy "one size fits all" pantyhose. I thanked her for taking such time with me, especially where wearing real stockings is concerned. When I had asked for help, I thought she would sell me cheap pantyhose. And to think it was real stockings that I had tried at about age 4 and became forever hooked. Sorry to be so long winded, but that experience of my first purchase holds deep, very pleasant memories for me. Thanks, Linda

Pantyhose and a white tennis skirt

image.jpeg

This was my first purchase. The entire outfit. Teddy, boots, and armlets... I fell in love the first moment I saw it. And what a LONG time it took for me to finally get it!!! Up until this, my entire femme clothing wardrobe consisted of nothing more than some panties that I had sneaked from former girlfriends or managed to steal from one of my friends sisters room. I know, I know... Not very honorable, but I was a teenager and had no other way.

It was in 1998 when I had just moved into my first apartment where I lived alone. I had actually seen this very outfit and this very picture in a Frederick's of Hollywood catalog I had received in the mail a year or two earlier when I was still living with my parents. I never ordered anything from them, but I did have subscriptions to GQ and and Details magazine and I'm sure Columbia House sold my info to junk mail companies... Lol I'm sure that's a blast from the past for some of you! At any rate, I usually got home first and grabbed the mail when I came in from school and it was just there! I was ecstatic! I'm sure some of you remember, but in those days, junk mail was MUCH more prevalent than it is now... Actually, so we're catalogs! But I was way too scared to order from them though while living with my family as I didn't want to risk a package from Fredericks arriving that was addressed to me!

The very first day I was in my new apartment, I ordered it from Fredericks of Hollywood through the mail. Lol I actually tore out the enclosed envelope from inside the magazine and hand-wrote the product code for the specific items I wanted as well as the color and size. I ordered the black teddy, the armlets and the boots! It was Before the Internet was really mainstream. Even though there were actually few FOH stores in the malls in town, I was WAY too scared to go into one to buy it.

In those days, there really wasn't any way to track packages and delivery times... For weeks, I waited.. Checking every day only to find nothing. Then, one day, I got there about 30 minutes after the normal delivery time, and there was a note from the mailman saying that I had a package that I needed to sign for. I was so upset that I had just missed it and that he hadn't just left it! The note said I could pick it up at the postal annex after 4PM. so I waited for a few hours and then drive to the postal annex to get it, but they said that he had still not returned from his route. The person there said they would be closing soon and that he would have him deliver it the next day... Bummed, but happy that my first new and real femme clothes were finally going to be arriving, I signed the confirmation form to have it delivered.
    Thinking he would leave it on the porch the next day. I went about my daily business and Rushed home from work only to find nothing other than the regular mail! By that time the annex was closed. So, I went to the annex again the next day and they told me that he thought that I signed the confirmation for me to pick it up at the annex! At that point, I didn't care because I was there now and could just get it then except that they had informed him of this and it was out for delivery that very day. Problem was, I was at the annex at the same time the mailman was running his route and of course, it was a different mailman because the regular guy was on vacation for the next several days!!! Ugh!!! Keep in mind that is entire time, I'm a closeted CD getting his first ever package of femme clothes... I'm already stressing that the package says "Frederick's of Hollywood" on it and that all of these postal workers are seeing that and making all types of judgements and assumptions about me! Now, I've dealt with several different postal employees and the entire reason I did it through the mails was to be discreet! I'm envisioning the package changing hands and getting tossed in and out of trucks... Getting stamped for delivery/return/ delivery/hold, etc... I'm also worried that the box is getting worn out and is somehow going to come open and the entire contents are going to be visible... Lol I'm convinced that the entire cities postal workers are all aware of my secret now!

They state that it will be delivered the next day no matter what... Of course, I had to work, but I didn't take any chances. I went and got some magic markers, tape, construction paper and left a large note telling the postal carrier to leave the package at my front door. I get home and the note is gone and no package.... I'm beyond frustrated at this point... I flop down on my chair, feeling defeated and like the whole ordeal was a massive mistake and literally seconds later there's a knock on the door.... I open it up and it's my neighbor fromthemapartment next door with a large cardboard box. He tells me that he saw it outside my door and didn't want it getting stolen so he picked it up for me. I was flipping out on the inside because I was convinced that somehow he knew what it was, and now I'd be living here with my neighbor knowing my secret, but I tried to keep my cool. I somehow managed to thank him and wish him a good evening... I shut my door and was completely relieved to find that the box was completely intact and not tampered with at all and that the shipping label was electronically generated and had the senders address only. The package was completely discreet.

I shut all of the curtains, closed the windows, locked my door .. While doing that, I began wondering what else would go wrong... Would it be the wrong size, wrong color, wrong item??... But I opened it up and it was exactly what I ordered and expected! Everything fit perfectly! I literally shook with excitement while putting it on! I ended up cancelling a date I had later that night because I couldn't imagine taking these fabulous clothes off! I was so excited to be wearing something more than just another pair of panties! This was an entire outfit! I loved it so much that I slept in it! Even the thigh high boots! I called in sick to work the next day and lounged around my apartment feeling about the best I've ever felt! I knew was hooked for life. Frederick's had also dropped a new catalog in with my order and I spent the entire day going through it while dressed in my new outfit! Despite all of the worries and stress I'd had about getting that first package, I ended up placing a massive order that very same day! I ordered so much that there wasn't even enough room on the enclosed order form inside the catalog!

I REALLLY miss those days... not just because I was young and the entire world and life was ahead of me... Of course my body was better back then.. My skin was better back then... I had significantly less responsibilities.. Etc. But the clothing and lingerie from those times were SO much better IMO... At least in terms of what my dressing style is. While the Internet made things much easier and faster to get, the styles have gotten much too drab and boring IMO. I miss the outrageous clothing and lingerie! I miss the exotic and wild designs they had! I miss the shiny fabrics and materials they used like satin, Lycra, Cire', lame', vinyl, PVC, etc... I miss when I could order my platform boots and heels in countless colors! I miss when panties actually looked like panties! They were made of satin or other shiny fabrics! They were also high cut which is a must for CDs! High cut makes a mans lower waist, hips, crotch area appear MUCH more feminine! most of the time, they offered them in both full-bottom bikini briefs AND thongs! Now, it seems like the styling has gotten some much more blah. Everything is microfiber or plain cotton... Gross. Just gross... I honestly can't remember the last time I saw satin panties for sale in a store unless it was a 3 pack of waist control "Hanes her Way" briefs. Everything has changed. Whenever I do manage to find platform heels and boots that they actually make in my size, it's always just black or white... Sometimes red, but mostly black and white only. In my old collection, I had two different styles of platform boots and in each one I had a pair of black, white, silver, gold, red, yellow, light pink, and hot pink. Good luck finding those anymore... In those days, it was much easier to get plus sizes too. Almost everything came in size XS up to 3X. I usually got a size 1X as I was skinnier then, but I also stuffed my bras to make myself as busty as possible. I could get away with an XL if I really loved the outfit though. Now, with my forms, to accomadate them, I have to push for a 2X 3X or even 4X to make my look work. These days, it's much more difficult to find my style in plus sizes and even when i do, it's OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive! The majority of what I get now comes from eBay or websites where I can find sellers that can custom make the clothes I like I'm the fabrics I like. That gets really expensive! Things have changed... But I digress. Back to the point...

You never forget your "first"... and this was mine.
    Last edited by SHINY-J; 11-18-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Bra, panties, and nighty. So another words like many tothers

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    A pink half slip from Kmart.

A full slip and satin panties.

Black dress and some slingback kitten heels from a mail order catalogue - good grief, that was a while ago. It was terrifying!
    Getting to know myself in a dress and heels again!

Panties, bra, slip, and night gown. Felt sooo good

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Does kmart have decent stuff?

Panties, I was so excited to have a pair of my own.

Lace trimmed black thigh highs. So sexy.

Pantyhose.