Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first item of women's clothing you bought for yr self?

A very pretty black half slip from a small independent lingerie store. Those stores don't exist any more, or at least very few do. I wish they were still around and I wish I had kept that half slip. I still have some clothing that I bought a long time ago and hardly wear. When I come across them it is such pleasure as the associated memories come flooding back.

Platinum Member
    I have to agree with Consuelo. When I sort through my lingerie it brings back some fond memories. I fondly recall a business trip to Vancouver, WA that was for six days/five nights. I went out before my trip and bought two floor length nightgowns. One was a white gown with spaghetti straps. The other was a red sleeveless floor length gown. It was in October. I was able to sit around in the evening watching the World Series and the presidential debates. I still have both gowns. On a trip to Aberden, Washington back in 1979 I did find one of those lingerie shops owned and operated by two young women. I still have the Vanity Fair camisole and half slip in rose pink. That's one way to start a lingerie collection that numbers over four hundred slips.

For me it was stockings. I still love them. Then it was panties, a skirt and a bra.
    Part Time Girl

Way too many year ago.

Not counting mail order...

A white printed boat neck leotard and pink tights- ala 80's Jazzercise outfit. 1986 or so. It was a cute outfit. Never wore it as much as I should have.

Cinnamon-colored Legg's pantyhose with reinforced toe! I loved looking down at my toes and seeing the darkened, reinforced area that cemented the fact that I was wearing pantyhose!
    Lisa

Panties and panthyhose a year later bras and high heels

I was in my early 30's. I was window shopping to kill time while on a business trip, when I saw in window set of patterned tights and leotard. They were just like the ones that I had first become fasinated with being worn by my high school crushes. And just had to buy a pair.

Bra and pantyhose, I was 22.
    Lauren

Bra and panties for me, then it all kinda snowballed

seems if memory serves me, bustier with garters panties and stockings, of course I had to have the pumps as well.

I bought a really nice dress, light pink. I wore it to death!

I was 16 and at the grocery store picking up a few things. There was an aisle with nylons and tights and I just couldn't resist. I quickly grabbed a pair of white tights off the shelf and threw them in the cart. I got home super excited to try them on, but soon discovered that in my hastiness, I actually bought little girls tights. I was barely able to pull them up past my knees! Oh well, you live, you learn!

Panties! Well, I bought Stay-ups and a sexy satin chemise also♥

ZelenaCD

A playtex "I cant believe its a girdle" girdle and a support bra.
    Still love remembering my early days

I bought a very nice silk maxi dress the first time.
    ~~Just seeking happiness~~

Panties is where it started, then came the nighties, stockings and cheap wigs.. then the hunger kicked in (it's never enough).

Although this was mail orders, my first in store was pantyhose.

Geraldine
    First item of lingerie I bought was a pushup brassiere from Playtex, many years ago. Apart, of course, from my weekly shop for stockings and tights. Once I started buying I was hooked. I always love, and can't resist, a nice lacy full slip.xxx

Panties and panthyhose then more clothes and makeup and wig

Danskin leotard matching tights
    Extra pair tights
    Cap leotards

Found that ordering through the mail was as easy as opening a Montgomery Ward catalog and finding the women's clothing section when I was a teen. My first order was some panties and not long after a night gown.

It was sad to see the day that Montgomery Ward first stopped it's catalog business and then closed the outlet doors. We use to have some great departments stores in the area, Zayre's, The Fair, Bradlee's to name a few. And now all there is left is Walmart.

As Bob Dylan sang, The Times They Are A-Changin.
    Last edited by Lucey; 03-21-2016 at 12:40 PM.

The first item I brought well I brought more then one thing haha. I Brought a long pink satin nightie and a short blue satin nightie with a bra and panties, I then went to another store and got stockings a wig and the next day brought breast forms. I sleept in that stuff every night was amazing

First thing I bought was a pair of tights. So exhilarating!

Aspiring Member
    I used to fill out catalog order sheets, but there was no way I could have made the order, paid for it ( when your 12 ~14 seemed like $ 60.00 worth of girdles would be soooooo great!) and picked an order of girdles with out help and or getting caught . I had to get my licence, borrow a truck ,get some cash be for I finally bought a couple of "firm girdles"and I was soo curious I bought 2 that sounded like they would be great from a downtown foundation shop . I think i burned them the night following trying them on , they were for the totaly blown out tummy's and were more like wicker baskets with satin trim ,than anything I ever expected any one to tolerate . a week? a month ? later i ordered stuff from sears. that stuff might have had a month be for 2nd purge burn. But they were much softer and friendly to sleep in .

pair of stocking and top and skirt

Aspiring Member
    My first purchase was a pair of Leggs Silken Mist pantyhose, size Q. They were dark brown I think the color name was mahogany? They were a little too small, and I was quite a bit smaller then myself, but they were not making size Q+ yet, at least not that I knew of.

I remember how nervous I was as I stood there at the rack studying the size chart and hoping the biggest size was big enough!

Until then I was wearing my sisters cloths