Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first item of women's clothing you bought for yr self?

Aspiring Member
    @aBoyNamedSue: while at least banned by certain commanders during basic training, tights are said to help reduce groin abrasions for long marches. Never used them during my mandatory national service though.

I run in legging-like tights rather than pantyhose, they are rather effective as far as compression goes.

Hi Lillian. I run in legging like tights as well sometimes. I bought them last winter to take a little of the bite away from the cold air.
    Also like you I wear girls skinny jeans while in guy mode, too. Again... another thing along with my cotton boy shorts that my wife really likes how they look on me.
    So if I'm wearing girls' cotton boy shorts, girls skinny jeans and NineWest girls mid calf boots.... am I cross dressing when I go out? Or am I a guy who just looks better in girls clothes.
    I think I may need to rethink my idea that I don't go out in public wearing girl clothes.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

A black suspender [garter] belt and stockings. I can still remember the thrill.

Jane,
    I was the same way. Was at a Victoria Secret store in the mall and was so damn nervous too. Told them that I was buying things for girlfriend. Think that they knew different though.
    Probably gave it away by the way that I was looking at things.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Black pantyhose and a blue jean mini skirt ..... I already had access to shoes and bras and tops..... I was a nervous wreck buying the mini skirt from a second hand store .... the pantyhouse wasn't a big deal as I got polish and fake nails in the same purchase . Throw in a few household things with the latter at a brand name drug store and the funny looks aren't as common . Men buy their wives /GF 's stuff quite frequently there .

As far as a recall 2 pairs of sexy black thongs, I've still got them however they are a bit tatty now they have been worn a lot.

i bought myself and my wife to be matching thongs :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

It would have been in the seventies, and probably was a full slip which I still have.

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar
    It started out with tights. My ex talked me into wearing tights under my pants when we went ice skating. It was a cheep pair from woolworths and eventually it transcended into hitting woman's stores. My next item was panties. Now I'm all in.

Stockings and a garter belt. The stockings were ruined a long time ago but I still have that garter belt somewhere in drawer.
    Love and hugs Jeanette

hi my first , was a girdle , from the bra and girdle factory in n J . love peace Lynda

Banned Read only
    My first was pantyhose,and I love them

It would have been a bra and panty set.
    Keely

One of the Reds

I remember going to K Mart and feeling like every woman in the store was watching me in the lingerie section and trying to figure out my size in panties. I ended up with a size 7 which is what I still wear many years later. Now I go in and get whatever I want and I don't give it another thought. I try on tops and jeans or skirts and even dresses if I want right in the store with no embarrassment at all. But yes my first purchase was panties.

Incredibly self conscious as I walked into a Woolworths (yes i'm aging myself) and bought a pair of red tights. I was about 12 years old so I had to hide them at home.

A modest 19" A-line miniskirt in navy blue with centre box pleats front & back with scarlet reveals. I discovered then that UK size 16 fits me perfectly. I shaved my legs as I had no tights and enjoyed the buzz.

M.

The first items that I purchased that could readily be identified as distinctly female was a few different graphic tees. You can tell because of the cut that they're not mens tee shirts.
    Most any thing I post is from my phone, this is why my answers are short and also why I don't post all to often.

I bought several pair of nylon Pam panties from Macy's. I was not sure of my size, so I got a couple of size 7 and a couple of size 6 hipsters. Back then, the 7s were too large and the 6s were fine. They were very similar to the current Hanes Her Way nylon panties of today - although I have not seen hipsters in quite a while

Banned Read only
    Jane,
    I think my first buy was a Charnos matching set of bra, suspender belt, panties and slip all in a laurel green colour and smoke grey stockings. I'd worn suspenders and stocking before belonging to my wife but to have your own that you could put away in your own space was exhilarating !
    What spoiled the whole thing was the man hair, it just had to go !

My black patent stilettos.
    I bought them in about 1980. I didn't think I was a crossdresser, much less transgender at the time. I just wanted them. I sometimes wore them late at night, thru two marriages to women, whom I was too chickensh*t to come out to. They were an important part of me, and lived in my golf bag LOL!! Those shoes kept me sane as my GD started developing. I didn't know it, but dissonance was building.
    Sometime around 1990 I came out as a gung ho crossdresser. Still didn't know transition was in my future, but I knew I was more female than male. Those shoes saw me thru hundreds of visits to the gay neighbourhood, and walked the pride route a few times. The insoles of them fell apart, and I carefully lined them with duct tape. Sure, I had lots of other shoes, but my patent stilettos somehow symbolized my true nature.
    In 2012 I made the big, and final decision. I had to transition.
    During a closet clean out, I was purging some of my older, somewhat tacky, clothes from my gaybourhood days. I was almost fully transitioned, and very full time. I pulled the black patent stilettos from my closet, looked at them with some nostalgia, and tossed them into the black plastic bag.
    I didn't need them any more, but they had been an important part of my life.

Aspiring Member
    My first purchase of women's clothing was probably around 1971, and as best as I can recall I bought lacy panty(ies), garter belt and stockings. I haven't had a garter belt in a long time, and have been thinking about adding it to my wardrobe.
    Michele

Reality Check
    Other than a dress from the thrift shop for Halloween many, many years ago, it would be a set of four Ahh Bras from an eBay vendor. My wife wasn't happy with her sports bras and wanted to try Ahh Bras so I ordered her a pack of four. When they came in she said "Are those my new bras?" I said "No, they are addressed to me so they must be mine. I stripped down and put one on in front of her. I suppose that was the beginning of my "coming out" to her.

The first I remember is a pair of black lace panties. There were other things before that, but they were purged and forgotten long ago.

for me I guess was pantyhose also (way too many years ago) as many have expressed fear and shame top of my feelings then. very long time later (about 6 months ago) 2 panties and my very first ever blouse

I bought a pink prom dress for "Halloween" at a garage sale. Then a cute suit and shoes at Salvation Army, Halloween again. Then...a well-padded Vasserette bra at Big Lots, (34-B). The snoopy lady in line behind me said, "I hope that's not for you!" Boldly, I told her I was a crossdresser and it was indeed for me as we walked out of the store. She asked if I was an entertainer or a singer with a stage act.