Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first item of women's clothing you bought for yr self?

For me it was a matching pink bra and panty set with pink garter belt a white full slip and a nice silk green dress WOW! thanks for making me remember LOL

Black satin and lace teddy brought from a department store. I was 19 and had no idea about women's sizing and was very tight fitting. I wish I still had it but was disposed of in one of my many purges over the years.

Banned Read only
    A bodystocking...

DeeAnn

Panties and I loved them....too bad they were caught in one of my first purges...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

TBH, I can't remember exactly what the first item might have been. Probably a pair of pantyhose sneaked into the grocery basket. But my first really grown-up shopping experience, when I was 19 or so, was buying a long black skirt and a companion top, white with silver accents, in the formal wear section of a local department store. It was a pretty sophisticated (and expensive) outfit for anyone of my age, but I fell in love with the look on the mannequin. I don't know what the SA thought, but she offered her help and advice while I was picking it out. Nothing was ever said about trying it on, so I had to estimate the size, and actually did just fine. She checked me out without incident -- I think the bill was around $75, in late-'70s money, and I kept that outfit and wore it occasionally for many years, although I never really had a chance to go out to any event where it would have been appropriate.

Also in those early years, there was an outlet store, similar to today's TJ Maxx but not as big or sophisticated, about a 20-minute walk from my house. It was the only place I knew of in those days that had a good stock of women's size 10 shoes, and was entirely self-service, so you could take them directly off the shelf and try them on without anyone offering to help. I bought a lot of heels there in the day, mostly for $10 - $20 or so. I still have and regularly wear one pair of soft pink leather booties from those days.

- Diane

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    In a long involved story I won't go into I was given a lot of stuff by someone when I was a teenager which I managed to keep hidden for years until they tore the building down about the time I headed off to college and I only kept a few things and tossed the rest then.

I went into a huge denial phase about that time and it wasn't until about three years later that I made my first purchase ever in a store. This was in 1973 and I was trying to look inconspicuos in the women's department of a large department store when suddenly from behind me came an SA and who asked if she could help me. I told her I was looking for something for my wife (I wasn't married yet at that time but you know how it goes) so she asked me how big she was and described my girl friend who later became my wife and the SA helped me pick out a skirt and top. The skirt was a multicolored geometric pattern and the top was white. The SA got them gift wrapped for me too. I kept these along with the bra panties and slip I had in a bag in the tool box in my pickup for about a year.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

A nightgown, under the protective camouflage of Christmas shopping season. And I asked for a gift box, of course.

Mail order pantyhose.

A really short denim mini skirt but I was really young and didn't know how women's sizing worked so it was too small. I still loved it wore it a lot!

Panty hose seem to be popular in this thread, for me they are not that exciting. I much proffered dresses, skirts and heels, things that would make me look directly feminine.

Thinking back I have made some awful purchases around that time! Really bad! But I don't regret them D.... Well most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetalex View Post
    A really short denim mini skirt but I was really young and didn't know how women's sizing worked so it was too small. I still loved it wore it a lot!

Panty hose seem to be popular in this thread, for me they are not that exciting. I much proffered dresses, skirts and heels, things that would make me look directly feminine.

Thinking back I have made some awful purchases around that time! Really bad! But I don't regret them D.... Well most of them.
    Alex, i also bought a micro mini denim skirt. They were ultra popular at the time. I also bought a pair of platform flip flops that were so IN at the time as well. I felt so chick when wearingt hat combo with bright red pedicure, I absolutely loved it. I was 16/17 at the time.

For me it was a pair of black pantyhose.

Leggs Panty Hose and a pair of heels from Payless Shoes

Sears Black long sleeve leotard and black tights.
    It was a summer afternoon when the family was going to be gone on vacation and I would have house to myself for the week while I worked a summer job as a college sophomore. I stopped by a Sears store out of my neighborhood on my way home from work and nervously bought my first long sleeve black leotard and matching tights of my own. With notes drawn up like I was on an errand, I muttered to the saleslady something like "I think this is what she wanted" implying that I was buying for someone else like my sister. I can still remember the titillating anticipation every afternoon driving home from work knowing that, at some time that evening, I would be changing into my feminizing garments to lounge around the house in until bedtime. Tried sleeping but the feeling was too new and exciting at the time to truly relax and sleep through the night.

When I was a teenager I bought; a bra, panties, stockings, a corset, a cocktail dress and a blonde wig at a discount store about a week before Halloween. The only comment I got from the cashier was good luck with the costume contest.

The first thing I bought was Leggs pantyhose in the egg container

Pantyhose, then high heels.
    Sophia.

ashleighfl
    I was 16 and bought a pair of bikini panties that were black and red. They reminded me of a pair my gf had and I wanted some like hers.

Well for years I "borrowed" things from my sisters and mom. The first thing I ever bought was pantyhose. The first item that involved and SA was a silk camisole and slip in 1981/2 from Victoria Secret. They were light blue with white lace. I wish I was still that size.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Pantyhose were easy to come by in the 70s when I was a kid, you'd snag 'em from an Aunt or a Cousin.
    Sophia.

I too was able to get by on mom and sis' stuff in my younger years. I never really lived on my own and my wife has bought for me for the last 30 of our 31 year marriage. One day back in the early 90's I was in a St. Vincent De Paul store by myself looking for other goodies I collected. Of course, I would always take a nonchalant stroll through the ladies section. In the past I had left behind quite a few "to-die-for" items because of my fear of buying myself. On this day, as I approached the nicely organized bin of undergarments sectioned off for bras, panties and girdles, I saw 3 gorgeous black girdles right on top. They must have just been put there. Two were panty and one open bottom. Lacy beauties with satin panels. Right out of the 60's. All in XL. I had to have them no matter what. I'll never forget it, some big biker dude had to get in line right behind me. I survived and still have them. More importantly, it got a lot easier after that.

Other than panties or bras, it was my real basic pair of black heels. Then it was two camisoles, the type with a built-in bra

A coral pink slip with black lace round the hem, that first thing gently swishing against my legs set me on the road to where I am now, I will always remember that first feeling as I put it on.

A pair if white silky panties

So long ago, but I think it was tights.

HMG I don't even remember it had to be a skirt or hose.
    Angie