Thread: speaking as man dressed as woman?

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar

speaking as man dressed as woman?

After hrs. in the sweat shop I jumped into some GG cloths and headed home. As I passed a huge cigarette racing boat I spoke in my normal voice that dud has a cool boat. I looked back in the rear view mirror for another glance and there I saw myself in dress thinking how funny that must have sounded. has anyone done this?
    cassandra*:cheers

all The time I haven't figured out how to present a feminine voice yet, and with a voice as deep as mine I think it would be an uphill battle
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Apparently I sound like a girl a lot of the time any way and listening to a few of videos I have made recently in male mode, it's evident that I consciously adjust my tone to sound more like a guy in some of them.

Platinum Member
    Hi Cassandra, At my age I don't see any voice training in my future , Just a lady with a guy voice..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I practiced voice training before my first T convention, Cassie. However, after arriving there, and ever since, I find most dressers use their normal male voice.

So, trying out my forced semi falsetto seems silly!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've recorded myself to hear what I sound like, kind of like Mr. Rodgers and that's somewhat feminine anyway.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I must be kinda like Jane with my normal voice. I guess it must sound somewhat feminine because every now and again, even with five-day stubble I'll have service people address me as ma'am.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Read only
    Cassandra,
    Just be you, none of us are going pass close scrutiny so why make a fool of yourself attempting a different voice ! Some women have low voices , it can sound very sexy !

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar
    I'm not worried about my voice, I just thought it was funny. I had never heard my own voice until I was 18 during a recording. In our heads we think we know what our voices sound like but in reality it's quit different. At the time I thought wow pretty deep, deeper than I thought. Besides its 2015 and let's just have fun.

I just use my male voice. Its far to deep and husky to train it into a feminine voice. 😞 xxx Jessica xxx

Your voice may not always give you away even if it is deep.

A member of my local TG group once asked what my normal voice was like. She was gobsmacked when I told her she had been listening to it for the last year.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Reality Check
    The few times I've had to speak when out as Krisi, I tried to sound feminine. I suspect I sounded more like Michael Jackson than a female.

There is far more than the pitch that's different when a female speaks. For starters, a female will usually use more words than a male to say the same thing. She will speak faster and phrase things differently than a male.

It turns out the boobs and wig are the easy parts of trying to imitate a female. There's much, much more.

Often, when a bloke says "how's it going" and trying to take the Pss, then I use my deepest voice to reply - it's just more fun that way, but mostly I speak quietly and higher than normal
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post

It turns out the boobs and wig are the easy parts of trying to imitate a female. There's much, much more.
    Ain't that the truth!!

Yeah and that the truth. I do not try to talk when out but must answer simple questions like at a restaurant. I do it in almost a wispier as I have a pretty male voice.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    I have guys approach me all the time when I'm sitting at a park reading, once a guy approached me and said Hi!...I nodded politely and smiled and went back to reading...so he tries to start a conversation, I didn't even pretend and came right out and told him I was a guy! Well, he literally turned 90 degrees and walked away like he was drunk, I took it as a compliment...kinda 😂 I'm thinking of trying sign language but I've found a smile while holding up the middle finger does not mean 'Hi, I'm learning sign language, how are you today? '

It´s kind of a lost cause for me to try to talk like a genetic woman. I have been on M2F HRT for 4 years and have developed D cup breasts, and I still have breast growth pains. I have long hair past my shoulders and for church and business I wear lipstick, eye makeup, and androgynous clothes. I look very much like a genetic woman.

HOWEVER, my speaking voice sounds like a cross between Johnny Cash and Joe Friday of the TV series Dragnet. And my singing voice is extremely deep, such for normal choir sessions I can reach down to the two ledger line Bb1 below the bass staff. When I get up in the morning I can reach down to F1, 4 ledger lines below the bass staff.

That in itself make it a kind of a lost cause to try to sound like a genetic woman. Even if I could I would not want to do anything to jeopardize my ability to sing in the deep bass register.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 09-06-2015 at 05:17 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Don't forget about Kathleen Turner, one of the sexiest voices ever, but very, very deep!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Doesn't seem to be a problem for these "gals"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fC5Y6GjNVM

Out running at night en femme (long story), homeowner let his dog out and it chased me. Had some experience with dogs, (being a bike rider), screamed at the dog in a not so female voice, nor a very male voice either. Scared the dog back to the house, but I had so much adrenaline in me by then I did something rather un-ladylike, and punched his mailbox over. Didn't mean to- it looked & felt like it was a plastic breakaway- I didn't stop to investigate. Riled me a little, but I got the giggles thinking of what this guy must have seen from his point of view... My wife thought it hilarious except for scaring the poor dog.

Ahhh... those were the days- running for 1-2 hours at a time in the suburbs- seemed the entire world was mine. Almost as good as flying.

P.S.- drove by the next day and the box was back up- no damage.

Platinum Member
    Well, the life of conditioning slips out from time to time. I practice my voice whenever I have a spare minute with the hope that practice makes perfect..or at least a lot better.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have a deep enough voice so I dont bother attempting to change it lest I sound like a terrible cartoon character or something, Im sure its odd to hear when looking at the speaker but there is no cosmetic cover for it so i have to put up or shut up, literally! helium would be the only alternative but I dont like attention so walking around with a big bunch of balloons wouldnt be for me
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I really don't change how I speak, in either mode. I will use certain words when en femme (I call women sweetie or sweetheart without even thinking), but talk the same and in the same tone. Since I have zero chance of passing (I may blend OK, but don't pass), I just want to present me as me. I am always smiling when dressed, so that usually puts whomever I am speaking with in a more receptive frame of mind. So far, it works for me.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Doesn't seem to be a problem for these "gals"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fC5Y6GjNVM
    I still have a much deeper voice than they do. If you want to get an idea of how I sound early in the morning singing in the shower simply go to YouTube.com and listen to the very deep voices of Russian basso profundi.

Kathleen Turner´s voice is a bit deeper from those ¨gals¨ but still is not quite as deep a mine.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 09-08-2015 at 08:47 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him