Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I borrow a pair of pantyhose

Can I borrow a pair of pantyhose

Today I was in a site meeting on the job that was held in a construction trailer, I had the project manager sitting on one side, who by the way is a very attractive Chinese women and my boss was on my other side and about ten other people in this tin can trailer. During the meeting cell phones don't stop but everyone will answer there phone and so my phone rang and I seen it was my wife and I didn't answer it and I made a comment to the Chinese lady that I'll call my wife back after the meeting. Well she called back again and I thought I better answer it, maybe it's an emergency and when my wife calls me at work she speaks loud because she knows it's noisy on the construction site. I answer and my wife is yelling on the phone and telling me she got called in for a job interview and didn't want to go with bare legs and asked me if I had a pair of nude or biege control top pantyhose she can borrow, I instantly got up but not before getting a smirky smile look from the Chinese women, I don't think my boss herd anything to busy with his head up his a&$. I went outside and told my wife to stop yelling and that the whole site herd her, she apologized but said she was very excited. I told her where they were, and went to sit back down and the Chinese women whispered to me if I had what my wife was after, and she had a big grin on her face, I told her yes I had a pair and thanked her for asking. Let's just say I lost a few pounds in sweat the rest of the meeting. Had to share thought it was funny.

Reality Check
    That's the sort of situation where texting would be more appropriate.

That is quite the situation! While it may have been a bit awkward that the lady overheard the conversation, it's fantastic that your wife is so supportive that she came to you in her time of need for female garb! Love this story, and would give anything to be comfortable enough to be that open with my wife.

<3 Lauren

Platinum Member
    That's hilarious! Glad you were able to come to the rescue. And I hope your wife did well at the interview!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Nice way to brighten up and otherwise dull meeting.

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar
    My wife has never called to ask for hose but she has borrowed some of mine in the past. I like the feel of them on my legs and had been telling her they help keep my thighs from rubbing in my jeans at work.
    cassandra*:cheers

That was a funny one! Very nice that the chinese lady didn't get all awkward, she only thought it was funny

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria, I'm setting here laughing so hard that I almost pi$$ed myself.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

LMAO!!!! I have had to donate a few pair of hose to the wife and daughter..... more than once!!! LOL!!! If it weren't for us CDers Leggs would be out of business! LOL!!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

I always wondered what you "guys" did in those meetings while I'm outside toiling away trying not to rip a nail and keep my "pony" tied up.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gold Member
    My wife would just go in the drawer and take what she needed.
    She would replace them the next day.
    I did not mind at all, after all, that is what CD-Husbands are fore.
    Rader

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Haha, nice.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Ha Ha, Yes it was an emergency and your wife was lucky you could come through for her.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Cute! Thanks for posting!

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    That's a funny story Maria!! My wife called me once wondering if she could use some of my makeup.

so, what ethnicity is your boss?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Love the story! Hope your wife got the job!

I just like the fact that Your wife knows how to properly dress for an Interview, most women these days have no clue My SO would have just asked me to stop and buy her a pair though I have plenty here she could just take a pair. The only thing we really share is the polish and every blue moon maybe some jewelry. Hope your wife got the job and thanks for sharing your story. Now to wait and see if the other woman starts asking more questions in the future
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

well, I guess it could have gone worse. :/ In a situation like that, I couldn't help but be embarrassed but I'd be glad after the fact that it went the way it did.

My wife doesn't bother asking if she can borrow anything, she just takes it and lets me know later what she she took. sometimes I get my earrings back, most times not.
    But we wear different sizes of panty hose and/ or leggings, so i don't have to worry about those. But they are so much warmer than mens wear.

oh, dear lord, that was a close call. truly a situation where a text message is more appropriate.

Great story, I would just worry if the Chinese woman approached you about it again later......

Then what would you do???

Does your wife not text?
    it's dumb to be racist.
    Can't we just all agree to hate stupid people instead? There are stupid people in all races, creeds, and faiths. It's a veritable rainbow of stupid out there, AND they don't know they are stupid. What could be more fair?

Reality Check
    First, I'm curious why the fact that the woman appeared to be Chinese was important to the story.

Second, my clothes and my wife's clothes are paid for with the same money so although we each have a dresser and one side of the closet, they are all effectively "ours" (community property). I'm retired so there are no longer business meetings, but if my wife needed to borrow something of mine, she knows it's OK, there's no need to get permission from me.

I have "permission" to wear her clothes and carry her purses as well. We are partners.

Dang, that could have been far more awkward, you should definitely share with her how to text lol. As for poster above asking about reason for pointing put the woman was chinese, it is embellishment to the story - writers often highlight what might seem to be odd or random details to draw the reader into a sense of 'being there'.