Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any runners here

Any runners here

I have been running for as long as I can remember. Always loved wearing running tights. Recently I decided to start wearing some more feminine attire when running. I bought a pair of pink running shoes. Now I want to get some of those gorgeous tights with patterns on them. Anyone with a similar experience?

I use to run and cycle but never in anything but drab. Now I curse how muscular my legs look in hosiery lol. At least Your running while wearing running pants. The one thing that bothers me quite a bit more than it should is all of the women wearing yoga pants daily while most of them have never done yoga ever. That applys to any of us too
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

love the athletic stuff women get to wear, it's just so unfair, I mean really, why do guys have to be hairy? Some of use are sleek and even ...never mind...I am ranting...Sorry

Run 5Ks weekly, just ran one this morning and have another Monday. While I do always wear one piece of female attire (I'll leave that to your imagination), no way I could ever do anything more. My competitive juices are running way to strong when racing, these types of activities feed the male side of my brain. I will admit, I do enjoy wearing running tights in cold weather, but mine are simply black.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Love to run.
    I usually only underdress in panties or gg running shorts.

On trails in our winter, where it can get rainy and wet. I have gone out in forms, jog bra, wig and hat.
    Do not like getting my wig wet.
    But I am wearing a jacket, and tights. I just wish I did not have thunder tights (YUCK).
    Oh yes, mine are simply black also.

I love to run. I've run a marathon and lots of 1/2 marathons, etc. This summer I had to cut back to 3 days a week and 5 to 6 1/2 miles each time. ( I was running 11 miles every saturday but a medication change is causing me to dehydrate and fatigue more easily.)
    I have always perspired heavily, so I don't want to run in a wig. I do remove all my hair below my ears and wear short female style running shorts. Never any comments from other running club members.
    In the winter I wear Under-Armor black tights and shirt.
    I always buy Mizuno Wave Rider shoes in whatever color is the best price. Usually on the web I get last years model shoes at 50 % to 60 % off original list price.

I just started running a year ago. Ran my first 5ks last september. A week ago I 17 miles in an insane trail race. I have thought about running fem but couldn't in my small community. I might venture out of my community and try at some point.

I am super jealous of the fem outfits. My SO has this amazing pair of electric blue running pants. I have brought up the the idea wearing just running pant or compression pants and she shot that down but I think I am going to push in the fall. Honestly wearing shorts over running pants is so silly. They just slide around.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I run all the time....usually between 4-6 miles a day...this time of year I run on the beach at sunset...and rock some girly shorts, tank top, and an i-pod playlist of terrible guilty pleasures like Taylor Swift, Diplo, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Iconna Pop, Calvin Harris......its cheezy but it inspires me.

I'm with SusanCACD on the boring DRAB running colors. I've run 7 halfs, 4 full, and 2 ultras. I love the cooler months when I can openly run in opaque pantyhose and say they are tights. In costume races, I love wearing bright color pantyhose or tights.

Silver Member
    I need to get back to it and plan on running today (I been doing 3 to 4 or so miles) in drab men's cotton shorts and tee with UA women's compression short underneath to prevent chafing. I did chat at an online running attire store about whether they thought a sports bra would prevent nipple chafing for a male and if so which one. They did think it would work and made a suggestion but it was too expensive for a few times I could wear it.

I run a lot and have for years. My girl clothing collection is pretty heavy when it comes to workout gear. Tights, capri tights, compression shorts, razor back tanks, sports bras, etc. Some items I use as a base layer in cooler weather because I do have to be careful that I don't stand out too much. However, I'm always wearing some female clothing when running. And yes, sports bras do stop the dreaded nipple burn! I probably have 12 that I rotate.You can spend big $ on these, or get cheaper versions at Walmart/Target. Walmart carries Viva and Dansi, and Target carries Champion. I've bought on sale for as little as $6, but regular price seems to run no more than $16 or so. Quality is great for the price. You just have to be careful what you wear it with if you don't want to be noticed. And, I sweat a lot, so I have to be extra careful because it can and will leave an outline on your shirts, especially the back. Over the years I've become quite a pro at doing this though. I will run in capri tights when it's cooler out, but avoid the pink stripes/camo and such. Either just black, or I do have a few pair with a yellow, or blue stripe down the leg, but they don't just scream "girl" when running down the road. Have fun!

Meg

On the sports bras tho, make sure you get a good fit, or you'll hate wearing them. I'm not what I consider a "big" girl by any means (6' 3" and 210) but most of my sports bras are XXL. A couple of them look huge when they are off, but are very comfortable when on. If too tight they will slice you to pieces under the arms and are nearly impossible to get off when soaked with sweat. Ask me how I know....

Meg

I use to run all the time. Loved all the weekend little 5 & 10k's. Then, I broke my back and that ended my running. When I did run I was always in drab.

I run a lot as well. I've taken the summer off as I had too many family things going on as well as the hotter temps kill me. I shave my legs a lot and some people ask me why I shave and I explain to them I do a lot of running and my hair acts as leg sweaters when I have hair. They just insulate me too much so I shave to be cooler. I have never worn anything out in public and as a few have stated here that it's just unfair that women have so many choices of running gear that it really is unfair. They really have cute clothing for women. I have at times in cold cold weather worn black leggings under my running pants to help keep warm. I once ran in the Nashville Hot Chocolate 10k and it was pretty cold. Afterwards I stripped down and had only my leggings and shirt on. I had to stop and get gas and felt liberated. Not sure if I got any looks or not but since I had the running look it was something that I could pull off and be ok. At least that's what I tell myself. But I haven't worn anything else. I'm afraid that if I do and pass out from running too far or too hot when they call the paramedics... WHOA!!! not something I'm too keen about at this time. Anyways... let's go run!!! Nikki

Ive recently started taking long exercise walks, I couldnt imagine running in a wig or anything as I sweat quite a lot when I run etc
    I also would be a bit apprehensive about jogging en femme as I dont like jogging en drab in front of others as Im a bit overweight

Sarah
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I put in 25 miles a week of "vigorous' high-paced walking. I wear women's athletic shorter shorts--both slightly loose and bike-short tight--all the time, paired with sleeveless tees. But I'm only comfortable in combinations of white and black. My legs are shaved year round. I pass hundreds of people a week at the nearby public paved walk/run/bike path without comment or even a second look. I'm not saying they don't notice: but I believe a sweating "old athlete" gets a pass where a park stroller might not. (A gym environment might also offer a different, less accepting, experience.)

I am not out, and don't want to be, so I won't wear any colors/patterns/styles that scream "this came from the women's department." Plausible deniability, not that I've needed it, works for me.

Oh, I too wear black footless tights when it gets cooler. I have several brands and they range from mostly opaque to semi-sheer. None are fully opaque so I always wear tight bike shorts over them.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 09-08-2015 at 03:10 PM.

I am a runner, 35 mi a week. 18 marathons. During winter I wear leggings, plain dark blue. I am a mountaineer too, and during fall climbs I find pantyhose more practical than thermals. My tough climbing partners have seen me in pantyhose and never raised an eyebrow. I run hard, sweat hard, and usually am pushing 2 girls (120 lbs of girl and stroller) so wearing something decorative has never occurred to me.

I might get a run in a pair of hose, really hate that, lol.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

I run marathons and was in Boston this year. I am qualified for next April as a male. However, since I am now a woman there is some question as to my registration this year. I was on phone with the Boston Athletic Association today. They are determining how I need to proceed. Oh and if you are considering Hormone therapy be prepared. I am no longer quite the athlete I was just 5 months ago.
    Suzanne

Hell-o Angela,
    I've made a few beer runs.
    I had to run from a swarm of yellow jackets a while back.
    Uphill carrying a weed whacker, got stung about 5 times.
    I'm not allergic to the stings, but the running damn near killed me!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    I need to get back to it and plan on running today (I been doing 3 to 4 or so miles) in drab men's cotton shorts and tee with UA women's compression short underneath to prevent chafing. I did chat at an online running attire store about whether they thought a sports bra would prevent nipple chafing for a male and if so which one. They did think it would work and made a suggestion but it was too expensive for a few times I could wear it.
    Sports bras definitely prevent chafing, which is awesome. I have found I am not comfortable running without one. Keeping it hidden is the challenge.

Runner, cyclist, triathlete, marathon swimmer, orienteer, climber (though only on plastic these days). Love wearing tights. Loved being being a triathlete in the 80s when I could rock an electric pink brief in public! Still wear a sports bra under my cycling jersey and climb in knickers (which is a nice Anglo-Ametican double entendre, as I wear knickers under my knickers!)

Slowing down though, my 10k PR has dropped from 36:00 in my 20s to 44:00 in my 50s.

I have a treadmill in my back bedroom, which means I can wear whatever I want when running. For summer that usually means a sports bra, size large (I am 5'7" and 158 lbs) and women's running shorts, size medium or large depending on the manufacturer. I have found Off Fifth, Nordstrom Rack and Neiman Marcus Last Call to be a good source of workout gear at low prices ($15.00 for a Calvin Klein Performance sports bra, for example). Marshall's and T.J. Maxx are also good.

For colder weather I have been stocking up on printed tights, both full and capri length.

I also do Tai Chi to change things up. For this I have found running shorts do not work as well, and I have several pair of yoga/volleyball shorts that work better and give more freedom of movement for the extreme poses, like Bending Bear.

Just jog, I've gone out at times to the 9's but usually just wear whatever comes to hand.