Thread: Should I take this opportunity?

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world

Should I take this opportunity?

Hi girls
    I found out today that for the month of October I'll be working 4 days on 4 days off. I'll be away from home during my 4 day work shift so during the evenings I'll be staying at my works location. This will leave me with a lot of free time as I'll be on my own when not at work. So as you prob guest I'll be spending pretty much all the time en femme where I'll be able to practice my make and concentrate on all the other fine details of being a passable women. This is all leading upto the inevitable going out I'll be in an area far enough from home I don't know anyone. I was thinking spend the first couple of weeks perfecting my going out outfit/look nothing to tarty a pair of wedges knee length dress and a simple cardigan to cover my shoulders and arms, try to keep my make up simple and understated. At about half way through the month go to a shopping centre in the afternoon and just do some window shopping if I'm feeling brave maybe go in and try/buy something. I'm going to go to the shopping centre before hand in drab just to recce the place and get a lay of the land. If that trip out goes well and I'm comfortable at the end of the month I'm tempted to find a local gay bar and go have one or two drinks as a kind of celebration. I've done the drive around en femme a few times before and that's gone pretty well I've even parked up in supermarket car parks got out and pretended to do something in the boot of the car then get back in and drive away. I know this subject has been done to death but do you think I'm biting off more then I can chew. The urge of the pink fog is strong xxx

Yes!! But be careful going out your first time. You might want to go to he bar in drab first just go get a feel of the environment and decide how safe you think the area is. If you're comfortable with the venue and getting to/from parking without getting harassed, then GO FOR IT! The first time out can be totally nerve wracking, but it's so worth it. Once you're comfortable with yourself and can relax and enjoy being yourself out in public it can really change your life for the better :-)

Go for it girl. It will be worth the time. Just keep your wits. Have fun and learn yourself.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

If you have to ask, you're not ready.
    Jon

Yes, go for it, girl! And give us a full report--most of us will be wishing you success!

Platinum Member
    It seems like you have it all planned out, so of course you should follow through with your plans!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sounds like a plan, I personally wouldn't go to a bar/club, you may get more attention than your ready for. Just remember to breath slowly and be your self. Practice your mannerisms than let them flow out, remember your feminine in all aspects when out. Good luck.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

You seem to have thought this out. My first time was nerve wracking but exhilarating and i'm sure yours will be also. Just keep your wits about you, go slow, and try to blend in as much as possible. Slow and steady wins the race.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    During your in drab trips to the places you want to go en femme, take care to see the way women your age are dressing. It's all too common for us to overdress and attract unwanted attention during those first trips out. Don't be afraid to dial it back a little. The experience will be that much better if you feel like you were not seen as different from any other woman in the place.

It sounds like you are taking the time to do the best job and build your confidence. Good luck, remember to breathe from time to time and remind yourself that you are just one of the many girls out there at the time. Stop and look around to observe that not everyone in the place is looking at you, they are off in their own worlds.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

You can only regret about things that you donĀ“t do....but you feel that you have to do.

Thanks for the positive feedback girls what a couple of you said about going to the bar/club I think your right I'll put that on the back burner for now and just spend a few daytime trips to shopping centres instead. The look I'm going for is dialed back but still feminine, the hooker look is just for me and my full length mirror. I'm practising my mannerisms almost constantly whilst at a coffee shop today with my SO she pointed out I was sat very ladylike I played it down and adjusted to a more manly position but inside I was buzzing. I'm a little OCD when it comes to attention to detail but the one thing is the voice I have a very male voice and I know if I end up interacting with anyone on my trip out the games up (if they haven't already worked it out). So should I just stick with my natural voice because at the moment if I try to sound more femmine I'll sound ridiculous. xxx

Hi Melanie
    Sounds like you're really excited about your plan, I've watched a couple of videos on you tube explaining methods on how to make your voice more feminine. I've been beep practicing, not there yet but I have made progress, it may help, good luck

Quick update the wife will be away this weekend and won't be back til Sunday afternoon evening. It'll be just me and our 2yr old daughter I'm not sure if I should be dressed when I'm around her or wait until she's gone to bed. But the lure of having all of Saturday to be Melanie is too damm hard to resist. What are your thoughts girls? xxx

Gone to live my life
    Hi Melanie,

If the urge is there and you are prepared and ready . . . then you will know. You are taking some good steps such as venue recce and practicing your presentation beforehand. The one thing to be prepared for is "cold feet" as I think we all get that on our first foray into the Vanilla world. If you do, don't beat yourself up, take a deep breath and try again when you are ready . . . you'll get there. If you make it out, confidence is the key to blending. If you look like you belong, people will assume you do, if you look scared then people will notice. Now . . . for a bit of reality . . . depending on factors such as your age, genetics, body size/shape, there is a high probability you will get read. I am not saying pitchforks and crazed mobs running after you in the mall but looks, perhaps giggles and possibly a rude comment . . . it goes with the territory unfortunately. So you will need to brace yourself for that and develop a bit of a thick skin. However, for the most part, you will find if you blend it will be the biggest non-event and be wondering why you didn't do it sooner.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

Cheers

Isha

Thanks Isha
    Im not planning on going out this coming weekend that's not happening till Oct, i was just wondering if I should dress around my daughter she's at that inquisitive age and I'm worried I might confuse her if daddy suddenly looks like mummy. As for when I do go out I'm kinda prepared for people staring or making comments, I'm lucky I'm very slim and can pull off having a slim hourglass figure one New Year's Eve (one of the rare times we can go out without judgement) I wore a long slim fit dress and had several GG say to me they wish they had a figure like mine, but I've got typical mans big feet and hands also I'm 6ft. So in my mind I already know I'll prob get read, I like to people watch when I have a coffee and people are so involved in there own worlds they don't even notice blindingly obvious things around them. the funny thing is I don't really care what strangers think or say to me I don't know you and you don't know me so I couldn't careless what you think or say about me I'm not here to please you I'm here for myself. If the worst does happen and someone wants to be confrontational I spent 12 years in the army and know how to handle myself although I've never done it in a dress lol xxx

it does not matter how rehearsed we are, its still "bag of nerves" time when first entering that virgin territory. I am very calm and centred yet found myself shaking like a leaf first time dressed at a checkout. A few practices/visits and it eases, and soon its all normal and no nerves. So as Isha says, its okay to chicken out, and go again!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie 0339 View Post
    Thanks Isha
    Im not planning on going out this coming weekend that's not happening till Oct, i was just wondering if I should dress around my daughter she's at that inquisitive age and I'm worried I might confuse her if daddy suddenly looks like mummy. If the worst does happen and someone wants to be confrontational I spent 12 years in the army and know how to handle myself although I've never done it in a dress lol xxx
    Hi Melanie,

To be totally honest, I would not recommend dressing around your daughter. Children are inquisitive for sure and while she might not think anything of it, it might also confuse/scare her. Not to mention, she might say something to mummy about the lady visiting (in her own two-year old speak that is).

WRT to handling yourself . . . I would not count on past experience to hold you in good stead (32 years military/10 years SF) and I still got my butt handed to me by three guys in a parking lot. Play safe and avoid confrontation is the better part of valor IMHO.

Cheers

Isha
    Last edited by Marcelle; 09-07-2015 at 01:16 PM.