Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you where born a girl, what would your girl name have been?

If you where born a girl, what would your girl name have been?

When us older CD where born there wasn't an ultrasound for your parents to learn your sex before you where born. Unlike today it was a mystery whether you where a boy or a girl. Even today some parents chose not to know.
    So what would your girl name been if you where born a girl?

I'll Start, mine would have been Patricia

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

It would have been an English name, like Marge or Margaret.

Seems like in the sticky thread 'your female name' I read some members who took on the name their parents would have given them. I thought about it myself.

I would have been named Cynthia.
    But I had a girlfriend almost 20 years ago (absolutely stunning girl, who I honestly don't know what she was doing with me) whose name was Cynthia (she let me call her Cyd) and I couldn't bring myself to use it. I kinda like the name Cyd though.

~ Sayyidah
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

my parents always told me I was to be toni if a girl or antony if a boy,so I roughly followed that

Michelle.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    I definitely would have been a Stephanie. The first born child of my parents was a boy. He was named after his grandfather. I was suppose to be a girl to round out that perfect family. I was to be named after my grandmother, although Americanized. So, being born a male mom went for the masculine of Stephanie. A decade later a sister was born and yep, she was named Stephanie. So, the way I figured it, since I was suppose to be a girl I use Stephanie on this site.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Nicole......which I adopted as my middle name.... people only use it though when they are angry at me "Adriana Nicole Moretti, Stop Bothering The Str8 Guys" ...xoxo

I would have been called Linda, after my grandmother
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Maria, after a very nice girl living next doors to my mum.
    /Bima

A while after I came out to my mother she told me that had I been a girl she was going to name me Rachel Louise. She said she always liked the name Rachel and Louise was her mother's name. I actually thought about changing my name to that but I decided that I had been Heather too long in my own mind to change it. I did add a middle name though. I chose Jean as it is my mother's name so I am Heather Jean Wilson.

My mom says she can't recall - I really wish I knew ...

mine would be Mary Jane Addams this fine girl i knew to this day i try to do her style

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    I asked my dad years ago and he replied what does it matter your a boy. I never bothered asking again.

My mother always, always wanted boys and she had three. Back the clock up, when my mother was pregnant with my older brother her sister in law was pregnant too. They were discussing names and my mother had said that she wanted to name a boy James... Well, my cousin was born first and a boy. My aunt named him James. Fast forward a year or so and same scenario happens. My mother says she would name a girl Susan. POP! My aunt has a girl and names her Susan. Next quandary, my mother had a backup name that she says her and my father agreed on for a boy, Eric. But when each of us brothers were born and while my mother was in the Recovery Room my father named each of his boys what he liked, none of us are an Eric (or any variation of the name).

My fem name is a three fold naming:
    1) a variation of a name my mother always wanted
    2) a name given to me by others, I didn't name myself--an attribute I feel is proper
    3) with one Susan in the family, it wouldn't have ever happened to have a second this close.

To add to the OP:
    My wife and I have two beautiful girls. We agreed to go about it the way Mother Nature Intended. 3D ultrasound was out and available but with limited availability and its advantages were negligible. So, first off, we discussed it and said no to it. Then we discussed it further, we didn't want to know our babies' sex until birth. We wanted them to show us who they are when they were ready--at their birth. We expressed this to her OB/GYN and he lit right up, "So few parents are like you two anymore. I love the look on the parents' faces when they meet their child for the first time and really get to know who they are." We didn't know and didn't want to either. We did have ultrasounds conducted for the typical medical developmental stages and the techs had said that they would not discuss the gender with us, honoring our wishes. I truely did enjoy the anticipation and introduction both of our daughters made to us.
    Last edited by Erika Lyne; 09-06-2015 at 05:31 AM.
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

I don't know...I wish I had asked when they were still alive.
    The closest I came was one Halloween when we showed them pictures and my mom said to dad, "do you want to see what your daughter would have looked like if we had one?". If they only knew....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

At a family gathering about a month ago, my mom brought up in conversation what my name would have been had I been born a girl (or should that be correctly gendered???...never mind, there's a rabbit hole we don't need to go down! ).

Anyways, that name would have been Kimberly Dawn.

I actually like it a lot but I've lived with my self-given name for so long that it would seem unnatural to change it. And besides, one of my best friends is Kimberly so that would really make things awkward.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    Seeing as how my birth certificate already says Kimberly,mi guess I know.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Mom tells me it would have been Michelle

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

according to my mom if I had been a girl it would have been Michelle Ann. I thought about using Michelle but that was to close to my real name so I chose Mikayla Ann.

I would have been a Jennifer.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Probably Linda or Carrie. One of those they used later for my sister, when she was born 5 years after me. The other is one I seem to recall my mom considered for my sister, and also suggested as a possibility for naming my own daughter.

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar
    Cassandra💄 I started a similar tread a few weeks ago titled if you were a girl? Check it out.
    cassandra*:cheers

Mine would have been Arlene
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

The name I would pick for myself would be Kira, but I think I kinda look like a Jennifer.

Probably something godawful. My parents had terrible taste. I dislike the male name they gave me.