Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did someone ever scare you away from crossdressing?

Did someone ever scare you away from crossdressing?

My sister did, last month. Spent a whole week with her, she's so ugly, I didn't feel like dressing for two weeks!

No way! When the pink cloud comes on, watch out, this girl is going to get dolled up, no matter what.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    Lol I nearly sprayed my wine over my phone reading that. xxx

I probably should reserve my anti sister comments and sarcasm for another site, like one that's help for sibling bullying, just couldn't help myself. I admire your independent will Bree.

my parents tried to stop me been a girl,but it didn't work,i am my own person and will be who I am,if they don't like it ,to bad

Banned Read only
    Scared into the closet, depending on circumstances I can see that for sure but scared into changing who you are. ..I don't think that's physically possible...well maybe if you're like super duper scared out of your pants scared 😨

Can you count "The rest of the world" as someone when I was worried what anyone else might think? I think I'm over the worst of that now, but if I'm being brutally honest with myself I'm petrified of how my family would react if they knew...

Actually, some of the stuff you see on other CD sites can be pretty scary...

Sorry about your sis...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    My parents caught me in my very early days of dressing think it was my third or fourth time. My step mum just thought I was weird and My dad thought I was gay. So I guess they didn't scare me from dressing but they def helped in putting me in a closet, if my parents couldn't accept it how the hell would the rest of the world. xxx

My ex-wife. Not a fan - lol.

Banned Read only
    Aleca,
    That's the oddest reason not to dress ! It's more of a reason to dress surely and become the pretty one like Cinderella !

Katey,
    Just to pick up on your point about the World knowing or not, because I know where I am along the gender line finally. I realise nothing is going to change that whether the World knows or not, I'm going to have to live with it other people will have to decide if they can or not !

Never...when I encounter someone like that it just makes me want to dress more to add to the beauty of women. Sort of a balancing you might say.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Mostly myself, I think and whatever ever fears I used to conjure up. Now days, I only feel inconvenienced and a bit frustrated if I must spend time in drab.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    Yeah, you call her ugly. But I bet there's been at least one occasion (very likely MANY occasions) where you make the realization that she has the freedom to make her own appearance, any level of feminine. And no matter how ugly you think she is, you can never take that away from her. She has that option... ALWAYS.

And I think this is a feeling that many of us have felt on more than one occasion. Feeling like some women don't put in any effort, don't like being pretty... Like they are wasting their opportunity. I know how easy it is to look at it this way. But I'm not going to get angry about it. It is their choice. Everyone has their own reasons for dressing the way they do. And besides....who the hell am I to talk?? I like to wear dresses!!
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I think what Aleca meant, though I could be wrong, is that that their sister is an ugly person from the stand point of personality. I know I've met many a person in that category.
    Most any thing I post is from my phone, this is why my answers are short and also why I don't post all to often.

The only person that ever scared me was----ME!!!!!! there have been times when I dressed, couldn't fix my hair right and then the make-up, never went on right, l didn't even look half bad but I did look horrible. took everything off and vowed never to do it again!!!!! Until of course the next day!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

As a non joke reply my mom did once, When I first admitted to being a crossdresser when I was 19 she said ''I got lost along the way'' and didnt believe the situation. I felt really bad after and didnt dress for a few years properly or regularly but thats since been resolved.

sarah
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Platinum Member
    As a teenage boy growing up in the 1960's you can bet your last dollar society's attitude towards gays and lesbians and cross dressers was enough to drive anyone into the closet. There was no information out there for any teenager to read. You went through life alone. I felt sure as a teenager who liked to wear women's clothing I was defective. I thought I must be a homosexual, which was not at all acceptable back then.

So, society in general scared me away from wearing women's clothing.

As to any particular person. Well, my parents really really did not like non conforming people. I remember waiting for the Staten Island ferry at lower Manhattan with my brother and father. We were taking a trip to Staten Island and back. Just a fun day out. There was this person with really long down to the butt hair with "her" back to us. "She" stood about thirty feet away. Well, "she" turned around and it was a guy with that head of long beautiful hair and a full beard. My father expressed his dislike for "beatniks." Total intolerance.

Another time my father, mother, brother and I were traveling to upstate New York on the Bronx River Parkway. There was a car in front of us with two guys. The passenger was sitting right next to the driver on the bench seat (no bucket seats yet) with his arm across the driver's back. My father and mother had very unkindly things to say about homosexual men. So, you can deduce from their attitudes that having a cross dressing sun who have been a non starter.

I remember once I was dressed in one of my mother's sun dresses. I guess I was about fifteen. I always secured the security chain to our apartment. I misjudged the time my parents were going to be out. Well, as i was quickly shedding my mother's dress and slip into a laundry bag my father was trying to bust through the security chain. I'm fairly sure my parents knew I was dabbling in my mother's lingerie. I think any woman knows exactly how she arranges her dainties, plus, who busted the strap on her one black bra? I figure they were trying to catch me in the act. I made up some BS excuse for putting the chain on and I was in the bathroom when my father was trying to bust down the door.

You can see why a youth, male or female, in the 1950's and 1960's suffered emotional distress.

Geek is right, it's more about her personality. I can dress and look however I want to.

Reality Check
    Perhaps, but when your sister gets up in the morning, naked, she is a woman. It probably takes you an hour and a bunch of prosthetics just to come close.

But no, nobody ever scared me away from crossdressing.

society has done a good number on me. True though that ultimately I have let it.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

my ex wife used it to put me in compromising situations then i found out she told all my male and female friends about me dressing i lost all of them even my best friend he was like a big brother i never had.
    when he asked if what he heard was true i couldn't lie i told him every thing cried he hugged me told me it didn't matter but lost him too!

If my wife became totally unaccepting ...it might...but it would hurt allot
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

My wife tried on numerous occasions....but never succeeded! Unfortunately, she's still not accepting it....

Aspiring Member
    My parents definitely did, with 'promises' of a bleak future and a ruined life if I were out. As though, perhaps, I had something to lose once exposed as a crossdresser. They did ask if I was gay however. I still carry that fear in my purse, perhaps as part of a much larger defensive attitude to life.

I am now out to many friends, some of whom have already seen me dressed. I don't know what drove me to put myself in that vulnerable spot, but I did.

One event in particular - and not a very wise sequence of actions - of me frightening myself: undressing sensually in the pink fog, for no rational reason beyond the fetishistic effect. It simply felt disappointingly hollow, yet the truth was staring point blank at me: the stockings painfully masquerading as breasts, the tuck beneath my pantyhose, the inevitability of wearing a wig. It wasn't sexy in the slightest.

I would not dress around my sister. My ex wife told her I dressed and my sister hasn't talked to me for years. Now, my SO girlfriend is telling me again to cut my hair short. If I did that I said I wold need a wig. She said no way and if you want to be a man in a dress, look like it. Cracks are forming in this relationship. I am an androgynous person and switch to fem mode and male mode back and forth. Been male for three weeks straight. Flipped to female mode a couple days ago. Could not stand it any longer and dressed this morning with panties, shorts, yes my lady shorts, my fem tennis shoes and a male T-shirt. My SO has stated that she may go into a DADT relationship with me. Big cracks are forming. She tells me she loves me. Yet I have run from so many relationships if they cannot let me be me. I can tell you that it gets pretty lonely when you grow apart like that. If it does go into DADT relationship. I will indeed end this relationship. Life is too short not to enjoy it. I love women, but males are looking better. They don't play games. But they may not like one like me anyways. It is hard being this type of fluid gender bender and I've been pretty lonely most of my life.
    Part Time Girl