Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who were you reminded of when you tried on your first wig?

Banned Read only
    The first time doesn't really count as I used a wig that my first wife left when we separated. It just sort of sat there as I really didn't have much of an idea as to what to do with it as far as combing went. It also didn't help that it had been sitting flat and crushed in a box.

The second time was some years later and was a wig that was used as part of a makeover. My mother wore wigs and this one was very close to a style that she once wore. It surprised me that I looked so much like her.

DeeAnn

I would have to say Stephanie Powers, the girl from UNCLE.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I look like a younger version of my mother. Not like the way I ever knew her, but as she looked in pictures taken when she was a teenager in the 1940s.

She didn't wear the tattoos or nose rings, though.

- Diane

It was a gorgeous long hair wig to my bum. I felt like a million bucks. So feminine....even if I wasn't dressed up. It's definitely one of the reasons I have real long hair today.

My first wig was red. No one in my family is red headed, so I couldn't tell if I looked like anyone I knew. Here's a photo of the wig, you tell me.
    image.jpg
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

The first proper wig I used was the same colour and length as my sisters hair. When dressed I ended up looking exactly like my sister. Which was weird.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Bozo the clown but maybe the rainbow colored wig and the big red nose had something to do with that!!!!!!!

Now on the serious side, I still looked like me which really put me off for a time. My first wig was a short haired one I got at a thrift shop in Topeka KS not to long after I first got married and was still in hiding from my wife. At the time I had been used to having long hair and had gotten it cut off when we got married so after I bought that wig I wished I had found one with longer hair. No matter in went in purge not to long after that.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jennie, Sometimes I would see my Mom or my sister in the mirror.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Not sure I saw any particular person the first time, but now that I've gotten (much) older sometimes I see my Great Aunt Mildred. She was a very nice old lady and I loved her dearly, but it's not quite the look I was going for
    Last edited by BarbDriscoll; 09-08-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Hi All
    Looking at your replies it seems to be evenly split, we mostly look like our mothers and/or our sisters, with a few movie stars and singers in there as well. I suppose it is not surprising really but I was totally shocked that I looked like my sister as I had never considered there was a resemblance and with a bit of make up I think I look better than my sister.
    Jennie x

Aspiring Member
    I looked like my oldest sister.

It's kind of odd, because when I was a teen I had long, straight, pretty hair and when I crossdressed, I tried to style it the way a girl would, with some sort of barrettes or cute clips. Back then before puberty, yeah I would probably have passed, there were plenty of young, slender girls like me, so many wearing our A cup padded bras (not like today, as the average type is fat). So, 30 years later, when I got my first wig, I had picked out a wig that was the same color as my hair was as a teen, I sort of envisioned that I would look similar to how I did when I was younger. Nope. Not even close. Now, I just looked a lot like my older sister, who was in her fifties. Ugh. So I played with what make up I had, using youtube tutorials as my teacher, anything to change how I looked. Sort of worked, I now looked quite different from sis, but never intentionally looked in the mirror again while dressed up. It was more important to me how it made me feel, the outward view, not what I looked like, because pretty much no one ever sees me dressed up as a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I looked rather like a younger version of my mother. Which was maybe kind of appropriate, given that as a teen I'd worn most of her clothes more often than she did herself.
    It was only a cheap, costume store wig.