Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Post-op

Banned Read only
    Some emotional context for my last post - where I seriously complained about my tits.

1. Sleep - next to none, stayed up talking to desperate trans women who's lives make mine look like Caitlyn Jenner's.

2. Starting the day with a random stalker on FB wishing my death - check

3. Realizing that they won't prosecute fully someone in Dallas who murders one of us - yep, the Janette Tovar verdict was this morning, and her murderer got 10 years probation with deferred adjudication for beating Janette's head into a pulp in 2012. (Yeah - deferred adjudication, so they can drop it off his record, because God forbid this poor innocent white boy be scarred for life because of one unfortunate incident with some tranny faggot.) Yes, this really happened back home this morning.

4. Weaning myself off pain meds - pain pill free day #1, oh that did NOT IMPROVE MY MOOD!

So when I spent an hour and a half at modcloth's fit shop in SF, discovering nothing there fits me right, I was really setup to be emotional.

PS - I hate modcloth.com. That I later discovered that my sister hates it too (why, why Tracy did you suggest going there if you hate them too - WHY????) was just the icing on the cake of a very long day.

PPS - the Janette Tovar thing is very real, and very serious, and about all they could do to make life less safe for trans women in Dallas would be to put a bounty on our heads or hire special police units to "retire" us when they discovered us.
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 09-16-2015 at 07:26 AM.

This is wonderful! I wish you a speedy recovery.

Banned Read only
    I went to dilate, and screamed when I looked in the mirror. A good sized area in my perineum along the sutures has split open. I am completely freaked out.

Back to the doctor this morning.

I suspect I may have to postpone my flight home tomorrow.

Sorry to hear of the setback. I hope the doc makes it right and gets you back on recovery road!

Oh, my daughters live Modcloth. Perhaps it isn't Meant For Us!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Paula, I'm sorry to hear of the setback, I continue to remember you in my prayers.

Hugs, Bria

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Oh, my daughters live Modcloth. Perhaps it isn't Meant For Us!
    The hell with modcloth - as my friend Alana said to me: "no one will sleep with you in those clothes!"

I mainly care because I think I will have similar issues with certain shall we say, special interest garments that I do care a lot about and that have a direct impact on activities I enjoy.

Not sleeping tonight. Too worried about having three holes down there.

Silver Member
    You wont have three holes.
    Everything is fixable! Don't panic (ha! like I did not have my little panic episodes the last 4 months!)

Banned Read only
    I just saw Marci's nurse. I need some suturing tomorrow. No flight home for me for a few more days. Wound separation.

sorry for your setback. Wonder why it came apart. Too much activity? You didn't ride a SUV limo did you? I hope this is all that you have to contend with. The boob thing, you can get fixed later in life if needed, They do that all the time. I am questioning doing it at all. I kinda like the swimmers body look.

Somehow, I don't really know why except Caitlyn has put us out there, violence and hate toward us has increased. I don't understand the weak sentence. But then I don't understand a lot of things.

Heal up. Feel better.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    The hell with modcloth - as my friend Alana said to me: "no one will sleep with you in those clothes!"
    Umm, these are my *daughters* I'm talking about...

Modcloth seems to lean a bit more to the artsy eclectic than to the sexy!

I hope your issue is remedied soon.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    I went to dilate, and screamed when I looked in the mirror. A good sized area in my perineum along the sutures has split open. I am completely freaked out.
    Really sorry to read that. I hope the doctor can sort it for you and that you'll soon be back amongst your friends.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Umm, these are my *daughters* I'm talking about...
    Heh, yeah, I understand. I was talking about, as was my friend Alana, my sex life, not your daughters'!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah
    onder why it came apart. Too much activity? You didn't ride a SUV limo did you? I hope this is all that you have to contend with. The boob thing, you can get fixed later in life if needed, They do that all the time.
    They think I used too big of a dilator, and that this isn't uncommon. I used the smallest one they gave me, but its not the smallest one available. We may never know, really.

My doc thought I should just lose weight, and then my boobs would be fine. (I asked.)

I haven't been my ideal body weight since childhood. I'm just now "overweight" rather than "obese." I'll keep after it, though.

@Rianna - thanks. I'm tired and I want to go home. I miss my boyfriend. I miss my girlfriends. I miss everybody! I miss Mr. Wicked, my cat.

What I really miss, though, is my eyeglasses. Somehow my sister misplaced them week ago.

I wish home wasn't in the middle of hell, but that's about it.
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 09-17-2015 at 04:52 AM.

Chin up girl! I drove 200 yards down the road and found I had a flat tyre this morning...

Paula - you (and everyone that goes through this) are incredibly brave and courageous - I have nothing but admiration for how you've faced this and I'm gritting my teeth and praying good things for you - hope it all gets sorted soon... Oh, and take the pain meds if you need them - use what help you can get...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Aspiring Member
    Huge, amazing congratulations, Paula!!! This was a beautiful post. Will you treat us with a new, equally beautiful post when the catheter comes out? :P

Speedy recovery!!!!

*edit* I was referring to your OP as beautiful, not so much the dialating "split". Sure hope you're okay!
    Last edited by dreamer_2.0; 09-17-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Screen shot or it didn't happen.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Banned Read only
    @stefan37 - I can send you a PM with a photo if you really want... lol!

I'm stitched up and back on pain meds. Wheeeeee.....

The doctor says it'll heal in it's own even if we'd done nothing. She stitched it up in a different direction, thinks that'll help a lot.

Just a little levity for the gaming nerds.
    Glad things are working out. I'm still waiting for my gastroenterologist to sign off on my pre-op clearance
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Banned Read only
    I'm feeling better today. My sutures seem to be holding up, and so far, I haven't needed pain meds.

I love good news. Hoping everything continues to go well.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Banned Read only
    I'm finally on a flight home. Travel isn't too comfortable. I'm so ready to be back home...

Travel safely.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

congrats. Best of luck on the next stage of your personal journey! thanks for sharing with us.

Have a safe trip home Paula, and hopefully being back home in familliar surroundings will help you heal better.

Paula,

Have a safe a relatively pain free flight, there is nothing like home cooking, am very very happy for you!

There's no place like home!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eryn