Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-op

Banned Read only

Post-op

image.jpg

My GRS with Marci Bowers, and breast augmentation with Joel Beck on Friday went extremely well. I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to post anything about my surgery, either here or anywhere else, as I can't imagine a more personal thing I could experience. I also worry about the feelings of people who want and need this surgery, but can't get it for any number of reasons. There is very little fairness in this process for so many of us.

I got to see my new (or at least repurposed) genitals for the first time yesterday morning. My boyfriend had stayed with me overnight, so at 6AM, after the nurse had removed my bandages, I asked her to leave the room, and I called over to my boyfriend to awaken him. He figured I needed for him to help me with something, but I told him "Just come over and look".

So he moved beside me, and we looked at my vagina. It was dimly lit in the room and still dark outside. It was an incredibly intimate moment, and it is my favorite memory of my life so far. He held my hand, we talked softly about what had happened, and I cried a little and thanked him for being with me - he hadn't left my side since the surgery. I love this man with all of my heart, at least such as love works for me. The only thing I could imagine that might have felt comparable was a young couple together holding their new baby for the first time. Sadly, that isn't in the cards for us, but this'll do.

So I have noticed several things so far. It's much quieter in my head now - my Dysphoria seems to be gone. I feel great! Just the pressure of that thing laying against my body felt wrong I guess, because I notice its absence, and it's very nice! My sleep is quiet, my dreams so far, just dreams. I can imagine wanting to nap just because it's nice to nap now. I feel so much better.

The only part of this that surprised me was how unpleasant it is to be catheterized. But other than that, this process hasn't been bad at all. I'm a bit itchy - I seem to be allergic to the antibiotic they gave me. Benadryl is helping with that.

I should be released from the hospital today, and I am ready for it. I have follow ups later in the week, and I'll lose the catheter at that time.

I'm here in California until the 14th, barring complications.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Paula;

Such good news and I'm so so happy for you. What a touching post and to have someone to share life's experiences is a blessing.

Here is to a smooth recovery. Congratulations and best wishes.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    So very very Happy for you. Thank you for sharing. And yes you got quite a guy there. Hugs to you both,and your sister.
    😄 Christina
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

All the biggest congratulations, Paula. I can't even imagine the joy you're feeling. Have a nice speedy recovery.

congrats Paula!! Thrilled for you that it went so well. And to have someone special to be there for you is priceless.

I hope the remainder of the recovery is speedy and complication free.

be well,

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Gone to live my life
    Hi Paula,

Congrats on this part of your journey and a speedy recovery.

Cheers

Isha

Congratulations, Paula! I'm glad to hear everything went smoothly. Please take it easy and get lots of rest. Now is as good a time as any to binge-watch some new shows...
    The struggle. She is real.

I'm so happy everything has gone well for you. Having been in hospitals for three long stays, my advice is to get up and WALK as much as you can as soon as you can. Things tend to shut down and then don't want to get going again! Good luck!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Woman first, Trans second
    Congratulations Paula! Get well soon.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

So nice to hear, I hope you heal quickly.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Congratulations Paula, another milestone reached and passed with flying colors. Recuperate well and enjoy all those very special moments. They are important.

Paula, congratulations on achieving a greater degree of congruence, for want of a better term. Mimi and I are sending good Karma your way!

I am very glad that you decided to share your experience here. Yes, there are those who cannot follow your path for various reason, but the present is not forever. Real experiences from friends that we know are extremely valuable to everyone who may be contemplating such things.

Your boyfriend is a peach. Hang onto that one!

Do keep moving, but don't overdo. My view from the outside is that a woman is pleasantly surprised that she isn't as debilitated as she thought she would be, gets really active for one day, and pays the price afterward. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Congrats Paula!! Wishing you a speedy recovery...

Congratulations, I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly

Omg, how Wonderful. The first thought on my mind was wow another girl has been born. Take care

congrats!

Come by my place before you leave and we'll do some grillin' and swillin'
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

so happy to hear from you...so happy for you!!!

the thoughts you are having sound very similar to mine...

relax as much as you can!!
    I am real

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Congrats from down under as well... Wishing you a speedy recovery xx xx xx
    Call me Donna, please

I am so happy for you on your new life as a Lady.

Peggy

Tanks for the update Paula, hope you get well soon.
    Part Time Girl

Must feel great. Speedy recovery.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

congrats to you Paula and wishing you a speedy recovery!
    paula

I'm so happy for you Pula and a bit jealous. I fear this will never happen for me but that's all my fault. Enjoy your new life,
    Hugs
    Beth

Congratulations, Paula! Your turn to smoke a (pink) bubblegum cigar, I think.

Lallie
    Time for a change.