Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-op

Paula I am so happy for you. I felt like I got to support you just a little bit. I aim to join you in June. Enjoy it you have earned it!
    Suzanne

Congrats,,, Get Well Soon,,, Oh,, An Happy Birthday!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Banned Read only
    @Bethw49 - never give up hope, honey. The world is changing for the better for us, and the options for surgery are improving. I never thought I'd get to this point two years ago when I joined the forum and realized I desperately needed to transition. I was pretty unsure that I'd make it through 2013, to be honest. When I started, my employer did NOT cover trans related medicine. I started working at the company 15 years ago, there was no indication that they'd be trans friendly at all. So I'm very lucky - but the thing is, luck is going to be a decreasing part of our treatment. The Department of HHS is proposing rules that would eliminate the blanket bans on treatment for us that insurance companies routinely have in place now.

@Badtranny - I'll call you up! I'd love to visit. My sister is with me, you'll like her too.

I am quite sure Dr Bowers did a great job..Have a smooth recovery !

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    ...luck is going to be a decreasing part of our treatment. The Department of HHS is proposing rules that would eliminate the blanket bans on treatment for us that insurance companies routinely have in place now.
    That is a very good thing. Here in California those bans were lifted for all but "company self-insured plans" (companies that administer their own health coverage) nearly a decade ago. Still, educating everyone about it is a continuing problem. Some lower level practitioners still aren't aware that this care is mandated. Mimi actually had her FP doctor tell her "oh no, we don't provide *that* sort of thing" when she asked about TG care. OTOH, my new GP knew all about it and enthusiastically made the referrals I needed and my endo is equally helpful. On my plan, bottom surgery is fully covered but top surgery is not unless the patient can demonstrate a "psychological need." I guess they want to keep transwomen flat-chested.

Paula, I'm so glad that things are going well for you. If you're taking the scenic route back to TX stop off in LA and we'd love to entertain you!

Congratulations and wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    That's wonderful news! Warm wishes for a fast recovery.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Hope that your recovery continues to go well for you.

To think I knew you when ....

Congrats
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

So very, very happy for you, Girl! Godspeed in your recovery. May I chime in on saying that you have a wonderful man there? He certainly sounds like a keeper!

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

For all the good and kind things you've done for the community, you have earned and deserve your happiness.
    Congratulations Paula.

Gold Member
    I am very happy for you Paula and wish you speedy progress in your recovery!

Silver Member
    Congratulations Pauala (hugs)

You've come a mighty long way

When you said you were in SF, I didn't quite make the connection until I saw this post. Congrats and I hope it all goes well; you're off to a great start and you look so happy!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

So happy for you both, enjoy life.

Congratulations Paula, I hope you have a really good recovery.

Silver Member
    Congratulations, Paula, and I'm glad things are going well so far!

Your short OP is one of the more compelling SRS stories I've read to-date. Very personal but not TMI at all. Thank you.
    Lea

Spunky. Resilient. Happy. Content. Courageous. All these and more are you...

Untitled
    May your road to recovery be smooth &
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Congratz Paula!

Big, sloppy kisses from me - really pleased for you...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I just realized that you took the time to message me on the night before... To ask about me, to care, on the eve something so intimate.

You really are the best person I "know", and I wish you the speediest of recoveries and all the best. You're amazing, and inspiring. Congratulations.

congratz paula,
    such an intimate part of the process you shared with us,
    i hope you two have much peace moving forward....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Congratulations and speedy recovery. Remember that Rome was not built in a day nor will your recovery. Pace yourself and listen to your body. Understand your pain and work with it to accomplish your goals. BTW Happy Birthday to your new V jay!!
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Congrats girl and have a fast recovery!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Congratulations. Wishing you a good recovery, and calm seas on your life's journey.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned