Thread: Ouch. No heels for a while.

Ouch. No heels for a while.

Thanks to a few combat injuries, I have two bum ankles and can't wear really high heels. 3 inch is my max. So, I have quite a collection of 2 to 2 1/2 inch pumps that I so love. Anyway, back in January I returned from a long road trip. Was loaded down with a full backpack, a 25" suitcase and a packed briefcase. Took a nasty spill lugging that cargo up a flight of stairs. Slammed my hip on a concrete step.

Was sore for a while, had an xray to make sure nothing broke. After about 2 months the pain faded, but never really went away. Came back 6 weeks ago with a vengeance. Extreme pain, wakes me up at night, mornings are tough. Seems whatever I did sparked chronic SI joint pain. Heels of any height make the pain unbearable. So does walking, standing and cycling. Capstone was today when my leg rolled from beneath me - like it just decided to quit.

So for now I am grounded. Have to stay off my feet much as possible, on steroids for pain, doing PT, etc. MRI scheduled for late October. Candidly, I'm not concerned about dressing and heels. Just hoping to regain my health. Dress or drab.

Please take care of yourself. I've had bad injuries in the past that I let the machismo of the job take care of. Now both knees are just about gone. Don't have it as bad as you do right now, some days are good some are bad. Get healthy, all the best to you.

Bernadette

Heels are HARD.

They put us (them) up in a calf-centric mode. Good that you have identified a heel height limit.

I hope that your diag lets you get back to your swishy self!

Flats stink (except my ballet flats, those are different). I have lots of strappy sandals, but nothing feels like a nice set of heels.

I can still do Pointe (for about 30 seconds, then it is an argument between my long toe-nails and my back)

(Says the big male in ballet who could actually *do* pointe!)

Damn, that hurt! Girls do this all the time?!?!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Silver Member
    Hope you mend fast and get back to health and into heels. Thanks for your service to our country.

That sounds painful indeed! Hope you'll get well soon. All the best girl
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Hopefully you are getting treatment for trigger points in your glute medius.

Platinum Member

Get Well Quickly.

Hi Miss Tee. It hurts just reading your story, Please be careful and I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!