Thread: Eryn and Persephone Have a Busy Day!

Eryn and Persephone Have a Busy Day!

Hi!

Eryn and I did some stuff together yesterday, and did some things apart from each other. I figure I'll describe my day and then Eryn can add hers if she chooses to do so. So here we go.

7:30 a.m. - I know some of you get up a lot earlier than this, but I'm definitely not a morning person and so, especially on a Saturday, this is as close to the crack of dawn as I want to get. Breakfast, shower, put on a pair of boldly zig-zag striped lounge pants that a GG friend of mine made me buy because "I want to get you out of your comfort zone." Add a loose flowing peasant blouse and complete my hair and makeup.

9:00 a.m. - Eryn arrives at my place, looking lovely as always, and we head into Hollywood for a performance prop swap meet. We spend almost three hours at the swap and run into several of my GG friends as well as a number of male friends, many of whom now also know Eryn. Lots of hugs and chats as we wander through the sale finding swag for ourselves. Eryn and I each bought several things and it was fun comparing our purchases with those of friends. The last half hour was spent in a frantic search for one last item, something I'd seen when we first arrived and which I dearly wanted to purchase. We went back through the show about three times, looking at the displays of every vendor. Eryn, in her usual calm voice, said "Are you sure you didn't buy it when you saw it?" Not finding it, nor even the vendor that I thought had had it, I eventually gave up.

12:00 Noon- We headed over to Mel's Diner, an iconic Hollywood location, where we enjoyed absolutely delicious tomato bisque, grilled cheese sandwiches, and fresh-made potato chips (my spouse loves potato chips so I took a to-go pack home for her). Service was excellent and we had a lot of fun chatting with the waitress.

By the way, the tower directly behind the Mel's sign is the Max Factor Building, home of the ultimate movie and television makeup company. Max's development of makeup for black and white movies led to his receiving an Oscar in 1928. When panchromatic color film was created the company developed a special makeup which became known as Pan-Cake (named for Panchromatic, not flapjacks), a makeup that was long a staple of CDs and TGs. The Max Factor Building now houses a commercial Hollywood Museum.

1:20 p.m. - Eryn and I left Mel's and headed back to my home in the San Fernando Valley.

2:00 p.m. - Arrived at my home. As we divided up our swag Eryn held up the item I'd been so frantic to find. Yes, I'd bought it when I first saw it! Eryn left and I ran into the house to change into some dressier clothes, selecting a crystal studded top, a black skirt, and 3" wedge sandals.

2:20 p.m. - Twenty minutes after arriving home my spouse and I jumped back in the car to race back down to Hollywood.

3:00 p.m. - WIth not a moment to spare, my spouse and I arrived at a studio in Hollywood where some GG friends that I had invited were part of an internet television show shoot. Nothing whatsoever to do with CDing or TGing, the show was on a completely different topic but the producers had contacted me, asking if I would help them in their search for women they could interview on the subject of that week's show. They had asked me to appear but, after some some back and forth, I decided to serve as a backup in case one of the other women had to cancel at the last moment. Meanwhile, I was there to support my friends and cheer them on.

An aside about the newer studios, they are amazing! I remember being in television in the 1960's and 70's when black-and-white cameras were huge affairs that cost around $100,000 each and color cameras were even more expensive, somewhere around $250,000 (in real 1960's dollars). They were mounted on heavy dollies and it took two to three people to handle each camera, one cameraperson and one or two dolly handlers. Large studios usually had two cameras which they moved around during the shoot.

The studio we were in yesterday had SEVEN professional HD cameras (probably costing well under $25,000 each), six of which. pointing in different directions, were simply mounted on non-rolling tripods, and one of which was on a boom with an operator. Cameras are now cheaper than people!

The shoot went very well, but took longer that expected (they always do) so we finished up at about 5:30. We did "good bye" hugs with everyone and headed back to our car.

6:00 p.m. - One of my GG friends was having her Birthday party at a private club in Hollywood so we went over there to wish her a Happy Birthday. We stayed about an hour, talking with her, her SO, and several friends.

Just before leaving we stoppped off at the ladies' room. As I finished and was checking myself in the mirror a woman struck up a random comversation about one of the events going on at the club that evening. While we were chatting another woman recognized me from the swap meet that morning so she and I started talking about how the swap meet had gone. When my spouse was ready we finished our conversation and headed out of the ladies' room.

7:40 p.m. - Back in the Valley and at one of our favorite restaurants for dinner. My spouse and I enjoyed each other's company and the relative quiet of the restaurant as well as enjoying an excellent Italian dinner.

9:00 p.m. - I received a text. My best guy friend and his wife were returning from being downtown, would we like to meet at Menchie's for dessert? We said sure, paid our bill and headed to Menchie's.

9:20 p.m. - The four of us met up at Menchie's and enjoyed frozen yogurt as we caought up on things. Sadly, his mother is currently in the hospital, so most of the discussion was about how she was doing and so on. As we finished our dessert and conversation I received a text from Eryn. They were heading into our area and asked if we would like to meet them for coffee.

11:20 p.m. - Denny's. We meet Eryn, Mimi, and Mimi's visiting sister for tea and coffee. We all catch up on each other's days and have a great time.

1:00 a.m. - My spouse and I arrive back home and I blissfully remove my shoes (remember those 3" wedges that went on at 2 p.m.?) and clothes and we get ready for bed,

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 09-13-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

My, I am worn out just by reading about your day's adventures. Looks like a full day for me is just one-fourth or yours. I just couldn't keep up. But it did make for some wonderful reading and living vicariously. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you all had a great time.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Gone to live my life
    Wow ... what an exhausting day. It sounds like quite the adventure though. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Isha

WOW sounds like a day I'd love to have.You go girl.
    Angie

Persephone. No surprise that you're not a morning person! What an excellent adventure you all had. Wish we all could be California girls.

Best,

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Wow - what a busy day

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Hi!

Eryn and I did some stuff together yesterday, and did some things apart from each other. I figure I'll describe my day and then Eryn can add hers if she chooses to do so. So here we go.
    And here's my bit of the narrative.

7:30AM: Arose a bit earlier than normal for a weekend, showered, and put on a daytime outfit of aqua Capris and a white teeshirt with pink heart print and a pair of pink Clark's sandals. Tied my hair up into a ponytail with a couple of blingy hair clips and limited makeup to lipstick only. I then headed over to meet Persephone at her place, stopping off for gas on the way.

Castle Swap Outfit.JPG

9:00AM: At the performance prop swap meet in Hollywood with Persephone. This is the second one I've attended and was pleasantly surprised to be recognized by a couple of vendors. Persephone introduced me to a few of her friends and everyone was friendly and welcoming. I was even asked if I was joining the women's performance group that Persephone belongs to!

This type of performance art is a new adventure for Eryn! I'm starting lessons with some very good instructors to develop my skills. Nobody involved knows my male self at all, and it will be interesting to see how things develop!

12:00 Noon: Lunch at Mel's Diner was fun! It's right off Hollywood Boulevard and has a 50's diner theme with jukebox remote controls at every table. Comfort food at its best!

2:00PM: Persephone and I part ways and I head for home to prepare for my evening. An elegant evening of dining was planned so I changed into a nice dress and did a full makeup application, something that I seldom do any more. It felt good to get all gussied up for a special occasion!

5:00PM: I leave for dinner with a CD group in Long Beach with Mimi and her sister. After a few traffic jams on the 405 we arrive with a half-hour to spare so we do a bit of shopping at a Barnes and Noble. I switched from my sandals to 4" espadrille heels for the dinner and drove the last mile to the restaurant.

Our four course Italian dinner was amazing. I started with Burrata E Pomodoro, a lovely salad with heirloom tomatoes. The pasta course was Casarecce con Salsiccia e Rapini, pasta with very flavorful sausage and garlic. The main course was Costolette di Maiale, a thick pork chop with mashed potatoes and garlic rapini. I finished off with Ciambelle Dolci, Italian doughnuts with orange glaze. Needless to say, I was definitely waddling on my 4" heels after that meal, but Mimi and I did find time to take a picture:

M & E at Micaels.JPG

Whenever we are way down south of home I always text Persephone and meet for coffee. It gives us a break from driving and allows us to catch up on the things we have been doing. We both were, of course, quite well fed by this time so everyone limited themselves to decaf and tea. We said goodbye at about 1:00AM. Upon starting our car I noted that we were low on fuel, and there is a particularly inexpensive gas station nearby so we decided to fuel up. Luckily the station was almost deserted and very well lit so I felt comfortable even in the wee hours. Ironically, it was the third time I'd been to the station that day, once in the morning to fill my own car, again with Persephone to fill hers, and finally in the evening to fill Mimi's car!

We finally arrived home at about 2:00AM and headed directly for bed!
    Last edited by Eryn; 09-14-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    Hi Barb & Eryn, You two can cram a weeks worth of fun into one Saturday Afternoon.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    By 8 pm I become a pumpkin. I admire your stamina!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow. If my Saturday starts at 7:30 AM, by a little after noon I am, at best, ready for a nap, and more likely done with anything adventurous for the rest of the day! Your stamina is amazing and inspiring.

- Diane

You all had a very productive day.

You two are fantastic!

The title should have been something about Erin and Persephone have a busy day AGAIN. With the way you two get around do you fly helicopters above the LA traffic?

Sounds like a great day for all of you! Eryn, that pic of you and Mimi is lovely!

I think the energy expended over all balances out the rich meals, and I love it when that happens. Takes away the guilt of eating rich things.

My SO and I are also recognized when we return to a place, even if we haven't been there in ages. Makes me feel special.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Noel View Post
    You two are fantastic!
    No, we're just two ladies who like to have fun with each other and our spouses! Sometimes our schedules do get a bit busy, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    ...With the way you two get around do you fly helicopters above the LA traffic?
    Not a bad idea, but unfortunately we just sit in traffic with everyone else. For Long Beach we leave about an hour early and if we aren't delayed we do a little shopping before our dinner reservation time.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    ...that pic of you and Mimi is lovely!

I think the energy expended over all balances out the rich meals, and I love it when that happens. Takes away the guilt of eating rich things.

My SO and I are also recognized when we return to a place, even if we haven't been there in ages. Makes me feel special.
    Yes, I rather liked that picture. We were originally photographed standing and, with me in 4" heels and Mimi in sensible flats, we looked a bit, umm, mismatched. Sitting was a much better pose!

I'm hoping your nutrition math works out, but with large dinners on Thursday and Saturday I think that I will be riding my bicycle to work for a long while!

I used to hate being recognized as I took it as a sign of being read. Whether it is or not, the people who do recognize me are telling me that they appreciate me being there which is the important thing. As I progress I worry less about "passing" than I do about being accepted as I am.
    Last edited by Eryn; 09-15-2015 at 12:04 AM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Whether it is or not, the people who do recognize me are telling me that they appreciate me being there which is the important thing. As I progress I worry less about "passing" than I do about being accepted as I am.
    Same with us! SAs, restaurant personnel, cashiers, etc are always personable with us.
    Reine

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I see it more as making the most out of time and enjoying living life to the fullest!