Thread: It was the skirt that did it

It was the skirt that did it

When I originally started crossdressing as a teen, it was predominantly because I had a massive satin fetish. My motivation was purely to cover myself in as much smooth, slippery satin as possible. I'd wear my mother's nightdresses, pjs, and blouses - anything made of satin or similar silky fabric. Sometimes I'd wear odd combos - a satin blouse with satin pj bottoms, or satin pjs with a nightdress on top ( which ended up looking like a bridal gown, of sorts ).
    One night, while wearing one of my mother's white satin blouses, I went looking for a pair of pj bottoms but couldn't find any - they must have all been in the wash. But what I did find, lying on my mother's bed, was a cotton floral skirt. It wasn't silky, so I hadn't previously paid it much attention, but now that I'd no other satin items to try on, I decided to give it a go. I picked it off the bed and quickly slipped into it - pulling up the back zipper and fastening the clasp. It was a light yellow, the flowers a combination of red and sandy brown.
    And then I felt it - a wave of excitement flashing through me. The combo of satin blouse & cotton skirt felt so good - so right. I suddenly felt utterly girly and feminine. I stared at myself in the mirror - the gloss of the satin under the lights and the bright floral patterns on the skirt. I looked like my mother on her way to work. And for the first time I didn't just want to wear girl's clothes - I wanted to BE a girl.
    I remember running my hands across the blouse and skirt and whispering "I'm a girl... I'm a girl forever."
    I then put on one of my mother's pearl necklaces, plus a couple of her rings. My feet were too large to fit her shoes, otherwise I would have tried on a pair. And I just stood there for quite a while, staring at my reflection and letting the feelings of femininity overwhelm me.
    Of course, I soon had to take the clothes off and put them back in place before my parents got home. But I'll always remember that night because, while I'd been wearing women's clothing for a few months beforehand, I firmly believe that it was this exact moment when I became a fully fledged crossdresser.
    No longer was it merely a satin fetish - it was an overwhelming desire to wear any manner of women's clothing and the seeds of a deep down longing to be female.
    I still love satin, btw - it's always my first choice of clothing. But anything feminine will do.

that is an awesome story, rings so true, how fab for you! and welcome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I always liked that business women combo. Satin top with skirt & heels.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Good story that I can so relate to. I love a satin top or blouse with a skirt as well. Plus heels and nylons of course!
    Love and hugs Jeanette

I can relate to satin as well, along with the other sensuous materials of the '50's. Welcome Midasgirl, nice post, thanks for sharing.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha2015 View Post
    I always liked that business women combo. Satin top with skirt & heels.
    Yeah, I absolutely love satin blouses. I prefer the long sleeved type, particularly when there's a bow or frilly neckpiece. White or ivory are my favorite colors - I love how they gleam. I'm wearing a lovely satin blouse with shiny crystals in the collars as I type, actually. I love typing away while dressed up in blouse and skirt - makes me feel like a secretary
    Wish I could just go to work like this.

Gold Member
    Great story.
    When I was about 8, I would try on my mothers girdles from time to time.
    The open bottom Playtex type, They felt great.
    Well one day, My mother brought home a Ballerina dress a a gift for a cousin
    of mine. She was about 2 years younger then me.
    Well I spotted it, and had to try it on..
    Well It was small for me, so I could not zip it up, But the feel of all that lace,
    and the Tutu was amassing. Then and there I was committed to wearing as much
    as I could find.
    Funny how things get started.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Karen RHT View Post
    I can relate to satin as well, along with the other sensuous materials of the '50's. Welcome Midasgirl, nice post, thanks for sharing.

Karen
    There's nothing quite like dressing up in satin and other silky fabrics - it's so feminine and feels so good as you slip your arms into the sleeves etc...
    I always love seeing the clothes laid out on the bed - gleaming under the light and the excitement of knowing that in just a few moments I'll be wearing them. I have a few pairs of women's satin pjs that I wear to bed now and then - lovely to wake up in.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Great story.
    When I was about 8, I would try on my mothers girdles from time to time.
    The open bottom Playtex type, They felt great.
    Well one day, My mother brought home a Ballerina dress a a gift for a cousin
    of mine. She was about 2 years younger then me.
    Well I spotted it, and had to try it on..
    Well It was small for me, so I could not zip it up, But the feel of all that lace,
    and the Tutu was amassing. Then and there I was committed to wearing as much
    as I could find.
    Funny how things get started.
    Rader
    I haven't had a chance to try one - but I'd love to wear a ballerina costume someday.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-08-2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit or use multiquote

Great story! There's nothing like looking in the mirror and seeing your real self for the first time. Or for the 1000th time. I still love looking at the woman in the mirror, knowing that she is me.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have to agree: a skirt can do that.
    Thanks for sharing.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Lots of similar stories here I'm sure, sounds like one of mine!

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

and my story...love white short sleeve blouse and shortish black skirt...while i like high heels at 6'1" i try (some time fail) to stay with 1" heels

I have often said if there was ever a CDer's uniform it would be a satin blouse and skirt with heels. Any thing else like jewelry and lingerie is gravy. That tactile sensation is extraordinary! And I just bet you aren't the first or last to get bit by the CD bug from this combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Banned Read only
    It's always nice to hear how someone got started on the journey. Thanks for sharing. My journey started with trying on my mother's nylon full slips. She hanged them to dry in the sole bathroom of our apartment. I loved the feel of nylon. In addition to a full wardrobe I have a collection of over 400 slips.

I'm a big satin lover too and when I'm a girl I only wear skirts. My story is very similar.

Banned Read only
    Midasgirl,
    I had a thing about satin but I also remember a blue dress made of lightweight silk , when you put it on it felt a floating blue cloud , my sister had a soft paper layered petticoat which just made that dress come to life.
    Those thoughts came flooding back during a wedding I was photographing, I went to the home first to take some pictures of the bridesmaids and they wore dresses of the same type of material. My heart missed several beats and as I spread the dresses round to make the picture I couldn't help close my eyes as my mind flash backed !
    The bride's mother interrupted the moment by asking if I was alright , I quickly answered that I'd injured my knee and that it was still painful !
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-09-2015 at 05:38 AM.

I personally love the feel of a silk blouse,a very short mini skirt,a pair of silky soft pantyhose,off-black&3-4 inch heels
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

Platinum Member
    Hi MidasGirl, That wonderful story brings back some great memories.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds wonderful - Now I'll have to go online and window shop until I can find that skirt and satin blouse!

This story slightly resonates with me, while I didnt dress in satins I did borrow my sisters clothes, not knowing why, or that it was peculiar or anything like that until there was a moment of realisation, im sure most if not all of us must have had that point where we realised it was different.

Sarah
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

It is always interesting to hear what triggers what becomes a life long pursuit that consumes us.