Thread: I finally did it

I finally did it

This morning after having received so much lovely support about going out I finally decided that today was going to be the day, totally underdressed complete with bra and forms and topped of with a slightly plunging blue silk blouse and also with nail polish I set off, the first shop was DIY place and I felt like everybody else nobody giving me odd looks or anything this continued with the next DIY shop as I could not get what I what I wanted at the first afterwards I decided to trat myself to new bra and this where it gets interesting because this time as I was looking before I could find anything an SA came and asked me did I need any help I said yes and told her what I wanted she was kindness itself when I told her the bra was for me, having chosen when I left and went home only to find later that it did not fit totally so back I went, told this very nice woman what the problem was I was shown a different one and this time round she said would I like to try it on. I was over the moon that something like a piece of lingerie was then given the opportunity to try it there. All went well and of I went this time with more confidence than I ever had but still slightly nervous during the whole episode.
    I can see my confidence getting better but it will be long road before I can go out without any nervousness at all but so far so good. The next stage will have to be make up something of which I have not got any experience of doing. I once saw a man in perfumery department having make up applied and I was there near the end of things because he soon after left, nobody batted an eyelid at this at all. Do you think that that should be my first port of call or should I try out what's best until I hit a happy medium ?.
    Any thoughts and suggestions ?

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbi46 View Post
    ...as I was looking before I could find anything an SA came and asked me did I need any help I said yes and told her what I wanted she was kindness itself when I told her the bra was for me...once saw a man in perfumery department having make up applied.
    My first time shopping en femme, the SA was just as you describe. I intended to buy just a skirt, but I wound up with a skirt and a whole outfit. The smart SAs know that CDs buy while the GGs are still looking.

Had your location been Boise, I would tell you that I may have been the man in the perfumery. It is truly amazing how kind and helpful an SA can become when there is a big commission on expensive makeup.

When it comes to make up, I'm useless at it, apart from lipstick - I can see the benefits of getting it done by a professional. If you do, you might ask her whats she doing, and why, and with what (type/brand etc), and ask for hints/tips

Either way, keep us updated!