Thread: First outing in a crowd

First outing in a crowd

I got all dressed up Jean skirt above the knee, sleeveless shirt,bra,panties, booty padding and 4" wedge shoes. I was nervous but I decided to go and walk around at an indoor outlets. During my walk I was very nervous,but the more I walked I noticed that no one was paying attention to me. I didn't know if I was passing or just that no one cared. I went inside a shoe store and looked at some shoes a lady pass by and said mama if you buy a pair the second one is half off. That got my confidence up and me thinking I guess I am passing as a female.

It's not as scary as it used to be even ten years ago. The climate has changed in a lot of places.
    Sophia.

We were out last evening. And i was in fem Jean shorts and a fem button up shirt. No one either noticed or if they did, nothing was said. I wasn't full enfem just the clothes.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Gone to live my life
    Hello Glendy,

Firstly . . . CONGRATS! First steps in a large Vanilla World venue are never easy and you seemed to weather it well.

You have experienced what may here have . . . people are busy with their lives and in crowded spaces unless you stand out like a sore thumb people seldom notice. Think about the last time you were in a crowded mall . . . if I were to ask you to describe the last three people you passed, you would probably get gender correct and perhaps an article or two of clothing. So, most people would see you in girl clothes and female hairstyle and process . . . girl . . . then move on.

Did you pass? It is hard to say from your avatar as I cannot see your face. To be honest very few of us pass. Unless you have been blessed genetically to be more phenotypically female and are young with limited effects of testosterone showing, it is more likely you blended in with the ocean of people in the mall. WRT your interaction with the SA at the shoe store, you will find that most sales staff will attempt to be gender appropriate to ensure good customer service. However all things taken into account . . . it was a great day for sure.

Cheers

Isha

Platinum Member
    Hi Glendy, It sounds like you were dressed to blend right in, Congratulations.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Not a clue to where you live or did this. but in this area most malls wearing 4" heals is not the way to go to blend in.
    I use to do a lot of people watching at a local mall. Could go hr's if not days w/o seeing anyone wearing heels about 1" or 2"
    For that matter getting harder and harder to see woman in a skirt / dress. Shorts, slacks and god forbid sweatpants....
    Miniskirt on the high school (and younger) girls...
    Have Fun but Be Safe!

i agree with ISHA...congratulations and finding the courage to out into the public..........well done mama

Reality Check
    Did you pass as a female? It depends on who was looking and for how long. You might pass to someone just walking by, but it's unlikely you would pass if you stopped and spoke to someone. Sometimes people will address you as a woman even though they know better just to be polite or to make a sale.

Not to be mean, but your avatar photo does not look like a female, it looks like a crossdresser.

Banned Read only
    Glendy, can you spot a cross dresser? So can everyone else. You had it right in that no one cares. We are men, "passing as female" is virtually impossible. Going unnoticed because people are wrapped up in their own lives is a reality, but no one is mistaking you for a woman. I have often written the best case scenario for us is that people mistake us for trans women. Embrace that and stop worrying about passing and you will blend even further.

Did she call you mama or ma'am?
    I always present male when I crossdress. I have been asked by a sales person, "Or should I have said ma'am?" Other than the fact I was wearing a skirt, I was all man. But she wanted to be careful not to get my gender wrong. It was a nice thought.
    I went through the process of being so scared to go anywhere and being amazed once I did it at how insignificant the event was. I have gotten to where I have gone out for all day outings in the mix with the public. They are not out to get us, it seems. (Disclaimer: I almost always go out when school is in session.)
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Aspiring Member
    A great irony of Crossdressing is that we are safer in a large crowd than when nearly alone. A crowded mall is a good example of this observation. Walking around the block in a short skirt and heels late at night is a counter example.

And the safest place for a crossdresser is a place where everyone is on their best behavior, yet many crossdressers will not dare go there: an airport.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by abby054 View Post
    ...And the safest place for a crossdresser is a place where everyone is on their best behavior, yet many crossdressers will not dare go there: an airport.
    Wow, so true Abby!