Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you pretty?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are you pretty?

Maybe we hate to admit it, but a lot of us "gurls", myself included, just are not conventionally femininely pretty. No matter how hard we try.
    How important is it to you that you, as a woman, be considered "pretty"?
    Make up and clothes can give us the regalia of femininity, but are we striving to attain the basic "pretty" appellation that puts the stamp of approval on our hobby?
    If you are able to attain real prettiness as a woman, do you think you feel differently than the CD'er who even MAC can't help?
    Lot of questions but let's do one more.
    If you can't attain real feminine prettiness, do you think any less of yourself as a woman and do you think others dismiss you more easily as the woman you want to be?
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

At times usually after a day or two from the pictures I don't see the prettiness that u though I saw when I took the pick. But we all hold ourselves in a different light than what others see. I feel I need lots of work. But some others may see that differently.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I put my best foot forward to look decent en femme. As to whether I look pretty, I leave for others to decide.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think that there are some very pretty ladies in here.I look at some of your pictures and hope that I look as good as them. I have been told by other girls that I am passable, I really disagree. That is so hard to do. And passale to me is being able to go anywhere, do anything without anyone knowing at all that I am a male. If I could do that, I would do it every chance that I could. I am a whole different person when I am in female mode, I have a lot softer side, look at things so much differently, like a female and I really do enjoy that. If society was not so mean, I would wake up every morning, take y bubble bath, shave, apply my makeup, go into my closet and pick out the dress and shoes for the day. I will probably never transition, but I have to admit that it enters my mind a lot. Guess time will tell.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Silver Member
    Wendy,

I can do ok, and once in a while I am truly happy with the results. I am not drop dead gorgeous, but I don't think I'm repugnant either. I've never had aan overly positive self image, so it's hard for me to say. When I had my makeover, I felt that I really was pretty. Part of it was good art, including technical skill and good sense of color and balance. Part of it was attitude and openness to perception. There's an old saying "pretty is as pretty does"

Also it is good to keep a couple of other things in mind. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My wife has a worse self image than I do. And sure there are some less optimal features, but I can still look at her and see beauty. Our image of beauty is hugely affected by mass marketing and post production. How many supermodels say that when they look in the mirror, they don't see the image that they see in the magazine?

While I want to present as best as I can, I'm happy just to do an acceptable job, and get out. And when I go out, I want to feel free enough to laugh and talk and have a good time. What's the use in getting dressed, just to huddle silently in a corner, hunched over and afraid.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Hi Wendy, I've always had low self esteem in my male life.
    Others say I make a pretty gal and for me that's amazing and I hope it's true.
    As a male I'm just average looking (maybe less) and it seems women always
    ignore me at least where romance is concerned.
    Maybe that's why it's so important for me to make a good looking gal, or try
    my hardest anyway. It makes me feel good to look good.
    I don't think CDing ever leaves you completely so as I get older
    I'm sure I'll continue to dress I just hope the self esteem doesn't fail in
    the female mode.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post

I can do ok, and once in a while I am truly happy with the results. I am not drop dead gorgeous, but I don't think I'm repugnant either.

While I want to present as best as I can, I'm happy just to do an acceptable job ...
    I guess that pretty much says it for me. Considering what I have to start with, I think I do OK. Makes me feel good, anyway

Banned Read only
    In the cold light of day? Well, in any light actually, no, I am decidedly not pretty. My wife thinks I am a handsome man and as a result, she says that when in Jennifer mode, I am good looking, "but... still off in a way." Makes sense, I am a man after all. Perhaps I am a handsome woman? I wonder what that means.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I showed my ex wife a pic of me and several ladies from my trans group and she honestly thought I was dating one of the women and asked why I wasn't in the pic.
    I told her I was in the pic and she said "no way". It took her a minute and she figured out which one I was and told me "you make a very attractive woman".
    Do I think I'm pretty? No not really.

Platinum Member
    I'm certainly not pretty. Would I like to be...sure. But not every woman is pretty, petite or young. Yet they are women who can carry themselves with dignity and are worthy of respect. I hope to do the same.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    At my age I'm a bit old to be "pretty". The best I can hope for is "classy" or "attractive". From a distance, I can be those. Up close, I doubt it but I would have to get an outside opinion. An honest one.

Pretty is such a subjective term. When I put forth the effort to get ready, get my outfit right and do a kick butt job on my makeup... I feel pretty for sure! It's more of an internal feeling of prettiness, I feel pretty because I've brought Lauren out into the world once again to say hello and that is a beautiful thing. As far as the outward appearance of pretty, I'd have to leave that to others to worry about. I'd only hope that some of those wonderfully powerful pretty feelings from inside make their way to the surface for all to see. I think that because we are all doing something that makes us happy, and expressing ourselves in a most genuine way that it makes us all supermodels!

<3 Lauren

Bingo 1:

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    I don't think I look pretty - but I feel pretty. And sexy. And happy.

I look in the mirror and like what I see, maybe not beautiful or pretty, but me, dressed and made up the way I want to be
    I want to feel those things.

Bingo 2:

Quote Originally Posted by OverTheStarlight View Post
    That's dangerously subjective.
    In fact it's totally subjective too... One can really only answer from one's own frame of reference...

Soooo... How important? Pretty important...

Is it a stamp of approval? Is it for a GG? Same for us...

Can we be dismissed because of others subjectivity and prejudices? Yeah - but who gives a shit what prejudiced, subjective, opinionated others think... :

[Exits right humming "... it's alarming how charming I feel, and so pretty, that I hardly can believe I'm real.... La-la-la la, la la la-la.." ]

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    not every woman is pretty, petite or young.
    Well, being pretty is something that lots of us may aspire to. There are a lot of teenage girls who worry about whether they're attractive or not. And yet, looking back, I don't remember more than a very few in my high school that were not. Sure, there are always a couple that have something about them that is a turn off to some guys, but on the whole, as the saying goes, we wouldn't kick them out of bed. A little 'make over' and virtually any young woman can be attractive. However. That doesn't seem to apply to us. We're men, and once we're adults, that manliness shows through even through our best efforts to stop it in it's tracks. A few of us can beat it; in fact, as we look through our avatar pics, when carefully picking the right one out of hundreds, even more than a few can rightly claim that we're pretty (though I'm not one of them). The conventional belief is that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. And in my mind's eye, I will behold that I am someone else entirely; someone female, someone pretty, someone wearing beautiful clothes, someone with long, shiny, silky hair combed just right, someone with perfectly applied, just the right amount of make up. And with all that in mind, I will believe that I just might be, had it been possible for all that to be true, in another life, I might have been pretty. That's the best that I can ask for.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Pretty? Well, uh, no. At least not at the moment.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I'm pretty certain I'm not in the least bit attractive.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    A little 'make over' and virtually any young woman can be attractive... The conventional belief is that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'...
    The makeover works pretty good for quite a few of the older ones as well. Being older myself helps a lot, too.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    It depends on how much I've had to drink. The more I drink the prettier I look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer B View Post
    It depends on how much I've had to drink. The more I drink the prettier I look in the mirror.
    This is very true and I agree
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I don't think so, because I never fancied big women, but some women have been complimentary.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    I used to pull off pretty and sexy and hot and what not . Today no way .

Just a hot mess on high heels .

Kind of like a car that looks good at 50 feet until you get up to it .

Kind of like driving out west and happen upon the Rockies , just keeps getting bigger and bigger .

People tell me that I am. Are they telling me the truth or just being polite and not wanting to hurt my feelings? If I am fine, if not fine also. Being a nice person is more important than being a pretty person.

Like Kristi, I don't think I'm "pretty" but if I can achieve classy or at least passable I'm happy. What makes me happiest is when other women complement or say that they are jealous of my makeup. But then I realize it takes me an hour + and they maybe take 10 minutes and they still look so much better,

Smart aws answer, but Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Also Beauty comes with a price http://blog.ted.com/6-talks-on-beauty/
    My answer for myself would be something approaching "Only my Mother would think I was 'pretty' ".
    Though my GF complements me, and after a few drinks I can look in the mirror and not see much of the 'guy' looking back.
    Youth has a lot to do with the ability to be what society considers Attractive / Pretty.

Na,

My face shape is wrong, my skin is bad, and my back is wide.

With a few photo tricks and many hours of trail and error....
    Last edited by Kaze_; 09-11-2015 at 10:16 AM.
    Just Roll With It