Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you pretty?

Banned Read only
    Well I don't really know, I preffer that the other people say such a things about me. by myself Im ok becouse when I put on me a cute panties and hose, I feel pretty even when I don't really know if I am. but the important thing its what I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendrme View Post
    Maybe we hate to admit it, but a lot of us "gurls", myself included, just are not conventionally femininely pretty. No matter how hard we try.
    How important is it to you that you, as a woman, be considered "pretty"?
    I haven't had the opportunity to try and do full on makeup, hide a beard shadow nor do I have a proper wig so I don't know if I'm pretty or not. And I'm sure this will sound superficial but when I dress I really, really WANT to be pretty. I saw another thread where members said the first time they wore a wig they saw their mother or sister in the reflection of the mirror. My sisters are very attractive. And I'm not saying that just because they are my sisters. I mean they are by any conventional measure very, very pretty women. I don't know if I would look like them but if I was half as attractive as they are when i dress I think that would lump me in the pretty pile and I would be quite happy with that outcome. I don't think I will be very pretty but it is pretty important to me. I want to be. There... I said it.

.... are we striving to attain the basic "pretty" appellation that puts the stamp of approval on our hobby?
    If I could see myself in the mirror as pretty... yes, it would give me a stamp of approval and perhaps even the courage to someday tell my SO. With the right outfit, boobs put in the right spots, camera angle, tummy sucked in, my head cropped out and the right lighting... I think I have a somewhat pretty figure. So maybe that's a third of a stamp of approval.

If you can't attain real feminine prettiness, do you think any less of yourself as a woman and do you think others dismiss you more easily as the woman you want to be?
    Not only do I think others would dismiss me but I think they would label me creepy, weird guy in a dress. I'm certain my SO would. We had a discussion a couple of nights ago and she said some things that were very surprising given her self-described liberal mindset, which I've discovered over the years isn't all that open minded. She said some rather backward thinking things about transgendered people in general. It was upsetting to say the least.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I don't go out as much dressed as I used to. Sometimes I'd get complements sometimes not. Overall I think I am when I'm done getting dressed and look in the mirror and see my reflection - rarely do I think I look pretty enough for the outside world.

I think that there are some very pretty ladies in here.I look at some of your pictures and hope that I look as good as them. I have been told by other girls that I am passable, I really disagree. That is so hard to do. And passale to me is being able to go anywhere, do anything without anyone knowing at all that I am a male. If I could do that, I would do it every chance that I could. I am a whole different person when I am in female mode, I have a lot softer side, look at things so much differently, like a female and I really do enjoy that. If society was not so mean, I would wake up every morning, take y bubble bath, shave, apply my makeup, go into my closet and pick out the dress and shoes for the day. I will probably never transition, but I have to admit that it enters my mind a lot. Guess time will tell.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

As others have said the term "pretty" is very subjective. I do the best I can with what I have and can buy/apply. When I go out I like how I look and feel. That is more than enough for me to feel satisfied. Then when someone compliments me on some specific aspect of my presentation or make a blanket statement like I am so beautiful, that is very special. I always take their comments as a truthful compliment that does not necessarily mean what it sounds like. I get that I have done a wonderful job in presenting myself as a woman, and probably my happy, positive and outgoing personality has something to do with their comments.

Silver Member
    I don't think I look pretty - but I feel pretty. And sexy. And happy.

I look in the mirror and like what I see, maybe not beautiful or pretty, but me, dressed and made up the way I want to be

I will respond from the point of view of being the onlooker.

I tend to not associate attractiveness with one gender more than another. By this, I mean that both men and women can have attractive faces, due to facial symmetry, the proportion of individual features, things like is the nose a good size and is it straight, engaging smiles, clear eyes, etc. And if a CDer is attractive as a male, then his face will be attractive as a female.

For example, look at this CDer or TS here - this person is hugely attractive (it's good to be young ) although you can tell they are birth-male.

You ask if being attractive helps others to approve of CDers. (You said, "pretty" and by this I wonder if you mean, "passing as a woman".) Speaking as someone who is supportive, to me it doesn't matter what a person looks like. I will be supportive, whether a CDer passes or blends in as a woman or not. I may think that some people are more physically attractive than others (since we all run the gamut on the human attractiveness scale) but this does not affect how much I support, esteem, or like a person. I rather base my opinions of the relationships I have with people on how well I get along with them.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-11-2015 at 04:14 PM.
    Reine

Bingo 1:

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    I don't think I look pretty - but I feel pretty. And sexy. And happy.

I look in the mirror and like what I see, maybe not beautiful or pretty, but me, dressed and made up the way I want to be
    I want to feel those things.

Bingo 2:

Quote Originally Posted by OverTheStarlight View Post
    That's dangerously subjective.
    In fact it's totally subjective too... One can really only answer from one's own frame of reference...

Soooo... How important? Pretty important...

Is it a stamp of approval? Is it for a GG? Same for us...

Can we be dismissed because of others subjectivity and prejudices? Yeah - but who gives a shit what prejudiced, subjective, opinionated others think... :

[Exits right humming "... it's alarming how charming I feel, and so pretty, that I hardly can believe I'm real.... La-la-la la, la la la-la.." ]

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    I don't think i'm pretty but I feel pretty which is good enough for me xxx
    Some boys wanted to dress up as batman.....not me

I feel pretty inside which helps alot
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I don't think that anyone would describe me as pretty.... but I'd happily go for being an 'ordinary girl' ... unfortunately, I am too tall to totally pass, but I try my best. It's important to me to be as pretty and convincing as I can be, no matter how much I may miss the mark x

Secretary Extraordinaire ShayLeigh Dominique's Avatar
    For me it isn't about "pretty" or not. It's about being more whole in myself. Which is its own sort of attractive. Because you can attract and not be "pretty". Just as you can be "pretty" and a repulsive human being simultaneously.
    “Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a [master] artist [...] can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone [...] see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. [...] Look at her, [... growing] old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired - but it does to them.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

Platinum Member
    Hi Wendy, Like they always say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    "... are we striving to attain the basic "pretty" appellation that puts the stamp of approval on our hobby?..."
    I don't think being pretty puts a stamp of approval on our hobby - crossdressing. Maybe being pretty enables "passing", but that would still not equate to approval. Unfortunately, regardless of how pretty we look, or how well-attired we are, some people will not accept us, simply because we crossdress.

If someone knows we are a crossdresser, and accepts us for who we are, it is not because of how we look, pretty, ugly or pretty ugly.

I don't really know but I feel pretty and happy...even when I realize that I could be more feminine!!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    ok...prettier than in guy mode, but my wife made it clear to me from the start that I would never be a "small" girl, so just get over that and move on. My wife is a realist and after that "pretty" was never an issue. My wife thinks Tina is "sweet" and that always makes my day!

Banned Read only
    With an allowance for round off error and sprinkled liberally with Kentucky Windage, well yeah, almost, sort of...

DeeAnn

Oh, don't I wish...
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Pretty? Why not???

Is it somehow conceited that when we do everything we can to accentuate our positives and minimize our negatives that the end result is actually pretty?

I do the best I can. I try to be the best I can be when out & about. I feel pretty. I've been accused of being pretty. I really don't feel like being self-deprecating and saying otherwise. After all, this is consistent with the goal of many of us, to look and feel as pretty as we are able to muster?

Some say self-confidence is the key to passing. I say it is the key to being comfortable in your skin, the world be damned. Kind of like thinking "bet you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" when getting that sneer from Muggle-dude who is certain to have nasty thoughts at 2:00 a.m. Half tongue-in-cheek for sure but seriously, what is the use of going out if we aren't prepared to absolutely own it?

<end/rant>
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    How important is it to me individually? Wow, talk about opening up to the group! I like Jack White "you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too"...A thought..
    to be 'pretty' you have to sacrifice being 'handsome' and vice versa....or do you? If I were TG, it would be very important, hands down! As a CD, I wouldn't want to give up being handsome 99% of the time for being pretty 1% of the time...but then how about Jamie Lee Curtis and Andrej Pejic??

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    to be 'pretty' you have to sacrifice being 'handsome' and vice versa....or do you?
    I don't think so. The most attractive men make the most attractive women. Look at how Cait Jenner used to look.

And picture a lot of these men (google isn't perfect) with no facial hair, thinner eyebrows, wigs and makeup:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=baby...=beautiful+men

(Don't look at the pecks. It makes it more difficult to concentrate on the face).
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-12-2015 at 01:07 AM.
    Reine

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    my favorite pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stephanie,

I live about 70 percent of my time as a woman and that includes at work. I travel on public transit, interact daily with people at work and while out and about. I have had to come to the acceptance that I am by no stretch of an bizzaro imagination fooling anyone. The kid ain't pretty and I am sure people see a guy in a dress only. However, it is me and I have come to accept that. Am I pretty? Well I can only think of one compliment (off handed as it was) when I a friend of mine (very alpha male dude) met me for the first time (dressed as a woman), his response . . . Well, you are not hideous . . . sounds kind of harsh but coming from a guy who is very manly man, I'll take it as a compliment .

Cheers

Isha

Some days when I dress I "nail" it and think I look great while others I feel like a dreadful drag act.
    I like how you used the term pretty, I aim for pretty or cute rather than sexy
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I am a big person. But every opportunity I get to dress I feel pretty and wonderful inside. I love those feelings