Thread: Painted nails for a good cause, with an unexpected bonus.

Painted nails for a good cause, with an unexpected bonus.

September is ovarian cancer awareness month. In honor of my wife who died of ovarian cancer I painted my nails teal. I only did my toes at first, but then realized that I wear shoes all day at work. So I decided to paint my my finger nails as well. The response has been amazing not only have I gotten great feedback about bringing ovarian cancer awareness but my female coworkers and some of my female customers have told me how great my nails look and have actually asked me to do their nails. One lady told me "I have been painting my nails for 35 years and can't get them to look that good". I didn't think I was doing anything spectacular, but I am not going to argue. I do plan on assisting with their nails since they asked, should be fun.

Christie

That's cool, Christie. (painting your nails, supporting the cause, and getting those reactions from you co-workers)
    Someone I knew succumbed to ovarian cancer last year around this time. Very sad.

Banned Read only
    Way to go Christie!! Supporting a good (and obviously close) cause AND wearing nail polish and actually being complimented for it, a win/win!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A win win all the way around!!!!!!!.
    If I have any teal I will do mine today in support.

Banned Read only
    I checked your bio and saw you are in your thirties. You have my sincere condolences. That's is way to young to lose a wife. I think your tribute is wonderful. If men can walk a mile in her shoes for a day, then any man can paint his nails for a day. Wonderful little story. Frankly, it is worthy of being on a national news station if someone has not already done it.

Great way to honor your wife's memory and help support a worthy cause