Thread: Performing while dressed

Performing while dressed

This week I went with a friend to a bar and it turned out they were having what I shall describe as an amateur drag night. Girls could show up with some music on a thumb drive or CD and then lip sync to it. Well, the performances were fantastic, some of them were really amazing. So much so that it has inspired me to do it myself when the next one rolls around (they are held once a month).

I've tentatively picked out a song and thought about what I will wear. I'm trying to convince my friend to do it, too, but I don't think it's going to happen but she will at least be there cheering me on. I know there are some girls here who perform while dressed, in bands and stand up comedy routines if I remember rightly, and of course this is nowhere on the same level but needless to say I'm really excited about it. My 3 minutes of fame

Anybody else done of one these sorts of things? I'd love to hear about it.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I played bass in a CCD/TG band.
    I dropped out on good terms because of other things in life.
    I never hit the stage; however I've played bass in bands in drab on stage before.
    It was real fun at rehearsals though, all dressed up in heels and jamming.
    I've got pictures in some threads I've started.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

A type of British theatre called "pantomine" exists, in the run-up to Christmas, where the characters are cross-dressed, often celebrities. It's great fun. Do you have that over there?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

OMG! That sounds like so much fun! Bet it would feel so good to do that. Have been to drag shows dressed before and that is so much fun.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Yes, I was a part of a drag performing group called "The Space Girls" consisting of crossdressers and a transperson. We performed mainly to the songs of the Spice Girls. We were quite popular around the city. We were asked to perform at drag shows, at Pride, at conventions (crossdressing groups & comic cons), hosted our own shows and performed as the highlighted performers at a children charity event (10 song set).
    It was very fun and I miss doing it!
    I am on the left in the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 09-18-2015 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Darn iphone typing mistakes

I've done the Christmas Show at the club several times and when raising money for the local MC Church. It's great and a lot of fun.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    A type of British theatre called "pantomine" exists, in the run-up to Christmas....
    Yes, it has gradually increased in popularity over the years here. Would be great fun to be the dame!

And Chantal, that looks fantastic! I hope my little event is half as fun as that looks.

I frequently appear at the monthly Erotic Literary Salon in Philadelphia, fully en femme, and read from my own writings. I've had nothing but great responses. I've always found that SOME women are VERY interested in me dressed, and naturally I gravitate to them. With my sweet wife as my constant companion and wing-girl.

Go for it you will have a blast.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Filled in on guitar enfemme for two shows.
    It was an all female 80's cover band.
    The lead singer in the band was a long time friend that knew of my femme side.

I don't think I'm brave enough to appear on stage dressed. Tempting, though.

Questioin: If you had the opportunity to do a drag show lip-sync performance, what song would you choose? Rock? Ballad? Blues? Folk???

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Yes, it has gradually increased in popularity over the years here. Would be great fun to be the dame!

And Chantal, that looks fantastic! I hope my little event is half as fun as that looks.
    Took a lot of hard work and practice to be synchronized for group performing, however the togetherness with friends at practice and backstage was the best of it all!

If you feel the calling, then do it. It'll be fun! I've "performed" in three different charity drag shows. I was also on stage in drag for a community theater musical, but that's a tale told in another thread.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Angela, I would love to be a witness to your showgirl debut...

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia T View Post
    Questioin: If you had the opportunity to do a drag show lip-sync performance, what song would you choose? Rock? Ballad? Blues? Folk???
    I'm planning on doing a pop-rock song. At least, that's how I would describe it. Lots of energy. But if it goes well I'll do more and would want to try many styles, my initial pick was Shirley Bassey.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I've "performed" in three different charity drag shows. I was also on stage in drag for a community theater musical, but that's a tale told in another thread.
    Your story was part of the reason I jumped so quickly at deciding to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella Ross View Post
    Angela, I would love to be a witness to your showgirl debut...
    Third Wednesday of the month. Come with a song!

Several years ago my wife bought me burlesque dance lessons. I am still doing it to this day. I have made several girlfriends and they are are so accepting of me and my dressing en femme. Just out on the town or when we are all on stage together. I'm a big fan of performing while dressed, it has really helped me in being out and confident. The burlesque community is very accepting, try to find a class near you and give it a try. image.jpg
    Rebecca Bas