Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any of you older girls remember the Catalog days!

I loved doing this when I was younger and when I got my first place of my own, used to order stuff, just to try and then return. They never seemed to bother and they always sent a return label so postage was free.

The thing I probably remember most about the catalog era was the JCPenney Christmas Wish Book. When I first started to paying attention to such things, there were probably 6-8 pages of really nice, "special" sleepwear. Slowly but surely, the number of pages dwindled until the last couple I remember seeing didn't have any at all. As so many others have said, those were the days...

Lacy PJs

Banned Read only

here in Hollywood many are dressed as women.

There are so many CD's/TS in Hollywood and it's only embarrassing to go shopping in guy/drab mode in Hollywood.
    The only other place like this but better is San Francisco.

We have the original sears here and I use to look at the lingerie and support clothing in the catalogs like girdles and bra's.
    Last edited by chinabrown; 09-16-2015 at 10:21 PM.

I used to love looking at the Sears, Penney's, Wards, Spiegel and Alden's catalogs and I bet you can guess which sections I used to look at. The first item I ever purchased was a pair of flats from Montgomery Wards. They were navy blue. Since I was living at home I was very afraid my mother would see them. She didn't and I went through the same scenario a few more times before I moved out. Wards became my go to store because of the styles they offered and the fit of the dresses. I miss shopping like that.

I am going to try to posts couple of pics of the good ol days. Alden's, 1977, I always wondered how they got away with this. It is an awsome pic and that is why I kept this for38 years. I pull this out ever now and than and wished I looked like one of these. The one in the center with her reflection in the mirror is my favorite. But then they are all great'!!!!'!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only

Lightbulb YOU just need about $132,0000-$165,0000 in FFS/LOWER BODY surgery

then you will loo like a pinup model

In the pre-internet days I lived in Germany and there the catalogue was a very popular method of mail-order shopping. I used them to acquire girly things, once I found out what my size was in Continental numbers.

M.

I used to obsess over the JC Penny catalog! I loved the fashion of the 80s and 90s growing up.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    The Sears, Penny's and Wards catalogs introduced me to the wide world of lingerie..
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Oh...so many pleasant adolescent memories flipping through the Sear's, JCP, and Montgomery Wards fall and spring. I was certainly coming to age as a little girl during the '80's when big hair, big shoulder padded dresses, and esp. aerobic dance wear were all the rage!! Such pleasant memories looking over stuff I just dreamed to own back then!! And as a normal male kid, the Christmas catalogs were not bad either!!

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Growing up in a small and remote New England town... the Sears catalog was the closest equivalent we had to a "store." I hope that no one in my family noticed that the pages of the lady's underwear section were all dog-eared within a week after we got our quarterly catalog.... (and it was in the bathroom!!!!)......