Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting a conversation with my wife

Starting a conversation with my wife

Today is the day I finally open up to my wife about being gender fluid. I wrote her a letter trying to explain how I feel about myself and what I've been learning and doing over these past six months. I honestly don't know how it is going to work out, but I know that I can't keep this information to myself any longer. I'll post updates as things progress. Thanks for all the support everyone has given to me. I may need a lot more of it in the days ahead.

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Good luck Bridget Ann. I hope things work out for the both of you. As someone who is way far in the back of the closet with her CDing, I can't imagine the emotions you're feeling leading up to this.

I don't what else to say. Just... I hope it goes well. (((hugs)))
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Good luck and make sure that you tie in a good conversation with that written word. Even better would be to give it to her, let her read it and then discuss it. Getting it through the mail or left on the table top may be interpreted differently from being handed to her by you. Again, best of luck with this big step.

Bridget, you are very smart , articulate & expressive. You have been waiting on the sidelines, for many months, weighing your options. The need to be & present Bridgett is now. Good luck on your talk& please post as to the post talk reality. You deserve inner peace, mel

Silver Member
    Good luck Bridget. Maybe this process will deepen your feelings for each other. Perhaps you can become even more intimate with your thoughts and feelings. Take your time. Again, good luck.

Good luck!
    You know where to find me if you need to talk.

Hugs
    Suzie

IDN, living in area of new york an all that this date means ?? dont know where youre from but here we have town services we attend and its a fairly memorable date, but if it goes either way the day will have a mixed meaning or double meaning, i doubt my wife knows the exact day i told her , maybe in the morning, i did the saturday morning thing so she could unwind from her buttheaded company she worked for then, but she had the rest of the weekend to cope with the new information before she re-entered the rat race again....

BUT i wish you well with the endeavor she may her need space after so give way....i filled the void doing things from my to-do list, manly man stuff.... and we have football back...

good luck !!
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Bridget - you strike me as being balanced and reasonable and as good a person as you can be... of course you have my (remote) support and very best wishes... we're here for you whatever transpires...

Keep Calm & Carry On!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Good luck Bridget! I hope that all goes beyond your expectations.
    Reine

Hell-o Bridget,
    Just remember that she's bound to ask the usual questions, and those are the easy ones to answer.
    Just be open and honest with her, let her absorb the information, and keep communicating.
    Best of luck to you!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

bridget

i did that a month ago..and while it has been difficult/awkward my wife and grown kids have been wonderful...i wish you all the joy that i found

jennifer

I hope all the best Briget .Be honest and do not move to fast and keep the comunication open !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Best of luck! I was lucky that it went well for me. The relief associated with getting the secret out was unbelievable.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Platinum Member
    Hi Bridget I wish you well and lots of luck.

See line #3 in my signature,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Best wishes, Bridget!

Good luck, Bridget. Hoping you find lots of understanding in your conversation.

Good Luck Bridget, I can't offer advice as I haven't got there yet, but I know what you are going through.
    Hugs
    Jennie x

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you. I am sure I will be feeling your sort of stress once I work up the balls to do it (well that isn't very femine but it is true).

Good luck bridget, hope all goes well!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Bridget,

Good luck and we are all here for you.

Isha

First update

Ok, not much to actually report yet. She read the letter but has asked for time to process it. Today should be a long day since we won't be able to have a conversation until after our kids go to bed. Her attitude, though, is not negative in any way. I always know when she is angry or upset, and I'm not getting anything along those lines. I suppose it helps that this is not the first time I've tried to bring up the subject. We had a conversation about my desire to CD about five years ago. That one resulted in my repressing my feminine identity, but I thought the whole event was a minor blip brought on by stress, so I acquiesced to her wishes.

In the letter I have explained to her about how transgender is a spectrum condition and what being gender fluid means to me. I explained how I got to this point, and how I am using my online persona as an outlet in place of dressing. I know my wife well enough to know she will not be party to a DADT arrangement, and I'm too honest of a person to go around behind her back. Being the cyber girl is the best I can hope for, an I'm ok with that. Some of you might think that's really strange, but as long as the part of me that is Bridget can have her own identity I'm content. My whole point in this exercise is to simply be open and honest with my wife because that's how a marriage is supposed to work.

Thanks for all of the support so far. I'll post another update after we've had a chance to talk.

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Hope the conversation goes well - you are off tobacco good start

sounds pretty promising to me, she just needs some space to digest the information, just be honest and i think you will be good....wishing you both well....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I have done the d same as you have. The best supportive thing I can say, don't push her. If she is accepting but not yet comfortable, let her adjust. Things will come around and be ok if you do. My wife and I go shopping quite regularly now. But things are still new and as time goes by the more accepting and supportive she has become supportive. This to can work for you if you accept her issues as she had to accept yours. Be comforting and supportive to her as well.
    Best of luck dear.

It's such a freeing moment when you finally tell you SO about it. I was fourth are mine is pan sexual but even still it can take a lot of time for them to really become comfortable with it