Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what will you do?

Banned Read only

what will you do?

what will you found out if your son is a crossdresser?

What would I do it I found out my son was a crossdresser? Nothing.

Nothing, unless he wanted to talk about it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

A lot will depend on how I find out.

If he has no idea I know then I would do nothing

If he knows I know then I would just tell him to be himself and enjoy life.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I'd be a loving, supportive parent.

Teach him some makeup skills that took me years to learn.
    Help him find his style and make sure that he NEVER feels the shame, guilt and fear that I experienced at his age.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'd tell him every one should be themselves as long as it is not harming any one else. I would tell him to do every thing he does in love and remind him everything we do has a consequence. If you can live with the consequence then go for it if it will bother you then be very careful the road you take as some things we can't come back from. I have four children and they have no idea. If they did, two might be accepting, one I'm not sure about but one would not so I am very careful. I love each one and wouldn't want to tear their world apart.

I'd be thrilled.. no more hiding the truth from him!!
    ps: step-daughter saw me today.. she told the wife that she 'doesn't care'..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Tell him I hope to God you stay that way and NEVER decide to Transition, Just live Laugh and Love your Two sided Life and have as much Fun as you can before the End comes,,, An no you can't borrow my stuff go buy your own !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Get dressed and go shopping together.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Take him shopping? Grab a beer? Watch Orange is the New Black?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

No son but daughter knows and keeps her distance from Joan. Close to the male persona however.
    joank
    Southern California

It depends.

If it was an expression of his identity (if my son was gender fluid), I'd be supportive. If it was strictly a method of sexual expression then I'd stay out of it. Mothers have no business getting involved in their sons' sex lives.
    Reine

After discussion, I think we would go shopping. But we guys have a supportive talk. So he knows it's cool.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I can probably say that none of my sons are crossdressers, as they all know about me and one of them can out as gay, when he was still at school.

My eldest son wasn't overly chuffed at the news of me, but accepts that's the way it is. The youngest and the middle one go to all manner of dress up parties, rubber, costume etc., so I'm pretty confident they would have said by now,...but you never know .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I just had a chat with my 4 year old, how the high heels I was wearing were in fact my shoes and not mommy's. We are trying our best here to not reinforce societal norms. Hopefully if he identifies as anything outside the norm, he will feel really comfortable with saying heya....

Not having a son or brother and living with sisters and daughters all my life might be why I'm here! I'd like to think I'd love him no matter what.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Aspiring Member
    My father literally confronted me with this question, while I was driving no less. The answer he wanted was pretty obvious given his stance against it.

If I found out my son was a CD, I would definitely bring it up to him. It would be unexpected for sure, as it was when my parents found me out. I certainly wouldn't be overjoyed over him being One Of Us, but then again it wouldn't be too much of a letdown akin to my mother's "I always had a SON!" rhetoric. Of course, my first move would certainly be to hear him out.

put a padlock on my closet, then take him shopping

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Let him know its ok and tell him I love him.

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    What would I do? If he was doing it for sexual gratification then I would'nt do anything, But if it was more then that i'd tell him not to worry try to reasure him that he isn't weird or a freak, then introduce him to Melanie and take him out on a girly shopping trip. xxx
    Some boys wanted to dress up as batman.....not me

Wow, now I feel bad about myself. First off, I know I would accept him but at the same time I would want to protect him. Being a kid these days is so difficult. I mean I wouldn't want him to crossdress just like I want to not be overweight. I guess I am wrong but I don't want him to have to deal with the mean kids.

Case in point, my wife was taking him with her to get a pedicure. She phoned be and asked if he could get his toes done. I thought she was joking but soon came home to find out she wasn't. Now I know this was my hang up but I was worried for him. I didn't show that to him but I did make his mother remove it before he went to tae kwon do. Uggg, was that wrong. Meanwhile I talked my wife into getting a pedicure with me a couple of weeks a go where I got a glossy clear coat. We discussed it later and the plan is next week to get a dark bluish color. So hypocritical.

I'd be supportive in every way possible, accept him for what he is and then maybe get some tips from him.
    Jennie x

there are a lot of variables, age...his relationships etc...I suppose we would talk about it, and ask if he knew about me

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Teach him some makeup skills that took me years to learn.
    Help him find his style and make sure that he NEVER feels the shame, guilt and fear that I experienced at his age.
    Spot on!!!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"