Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel kinda young here...

I feel kinda young here...

Good day everyone,
    I've noticed that a lot of the people on this site seem to be older than me. I've heard numerous people mention how they're later in life and all that. I'm just kinda curious about why I don't see more people in my age group (late 20's)
    You may call me Adam, Adyson, or Ady, whichever you prefer.

I am unapologetically me. You can accept me or reject me, but you're never going to change me.

ashleighfl
    I'm 27, so there are some of us.

All the young people are at work,, All of us old lady's are home all day,,,lol,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I think you'll find that many more of the younger girls are much more open and out than the older ladies.
    They are in a position that is easier for peers and society in general to accept, lucky them. Because of that I feel that they don't seek out places like this as they don't feel the need. That's one reason why some support groups don't have younger members.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm 33 (for today...) I don't feel like I fit in with the younger generation, or the older, lol.

Here's an interesting survey of forum members' age brackets, taken when we used to have forum surveys. It's interesting because more than 500 members responded. The thread is from 2008 and although members have come and gone since then, I imagine the age spread is not significantly different.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ge5&highlight=
    Reine

Silver Member
    It is not possible to get accurate age data of our membership. We only see self-reported profile ages responses, ages reported in surveys and pictures. I suspect, however, that our membership has pretty consistent percentages across age brackets because the percentage of actual crossdressers is probably consistent at different ages.

If you look at the 2008 survey, and combine the 20 and 30 brackets, self-reported ages would be:

20-39 23%
    40-49 22%
    50-59 32%
    60+ 23%

Maybe the 20-39 members are represented lower because they may use other media tools to communicate.

The age spread does confirm, however, that 77% or respondents are over 40, 55% are over 50 and 23% are over 60.

But everyone is young at heart.

I read something once that said when we start out it seems like everyone is older than us and then one day without warning we start to notice that everyone is younger than us.

Time is fleeting...

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought, " you know... despite being in my late 40s I feel kinda young when I'm here, too."

I thought to myself, "When I start reading the threads and begin fading into my feminine side... Sayyidah Sue feels so much younger than my male side. This thread might be really interesting."

Then I read it and was like... oh.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Age is a relative term. Our bodies may be old but our minds are young. Besides we were young to you know. I am only 18 in my mind. Lol but my body don't like doing 18 year old stuff.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Indeed, I've noticed it the first couple weeks I joined the forum that members here are most of them over 40. I believe young crossdressers are all at instagram, deviantart, tumblr, YouTube and specially, reddit, and its all about pictures or videos, which honestly... I prefer a forum where matters can be discussed properly.

I am 24 myself, by the way, so I am one of the youngest arround here.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Maybe the 20-39 members are represented lower because they may use other media tools to communicate.
    I think that reddit has more younger people. If you click on the avatars, it takes you to pics on imgur.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/crossdressing/
    Reine

Banned Read only
    I'm 26 girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I think that reddit has more younger people. If you click on the avatars, it takes you to pics on imgur.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/crossdressing/
    Indeed, reddit seems to be full. I ventured there twice, but didn't settle. As I said, I prefer forums.

I can think of a few reasons. the 20-40 crowd is focusing on jobs and families. The "younger" people also are more into the sexual aspects or some sexual aspect. The younger people have a more open society and don't have the baggage we old people haz. More over, in my opinion, younger people are still thinking it is something that will pass as the get older
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Sorry to disappoint, Sue.

As to your point, Lorileah, I'm the exception to that. There was never a sexual aspect for me, and I don't think any of this will pass as I get older. Honestly, I don't want it to, I'm pretty happy where I'm at.

Regarding social media, I avoid it like the plague, but I am on a few of the sites mentioned above. None of this side of my life leaves this side of the webernetz though. I keep it all here. Offline is a bit of a different matter.

You'll find that a large amount of people in their early 50s will "come out" as gay, crossdressers, transgendered, etc. because they have reached the point in their life where either they show who they are or carry their secret to the grave. You will want to scream from the roof tops after having a secret for 40 years.

As I got older I cared less and less about other peoples opinion of me, so I felt free to express myself any way I wanted ...and if they didn't like it....well you know.

Also, by the time we get into our 50s the kids are all grown, and we are more financially stable, so being "out" will not have as severe ramifications.
    Cara

Just enjoy it Ady, while it lasts...

I am so old this is the only forum I succeeded in understanding the application form for...

Ruminating and intellectual cud-chewing tends to be the province of older, domesticated folk - you wild youngsters are out there just having fun, like you should be!

Don't stop for us... your time will come...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

A lot of us were also young when we started unfortunately there were no great sites like this .Don't worry about your age have fun accept what your doing
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Aspiring Member
    Would say much of the younger generation has turned to more visual means. Even though I'm part of that generation, it's much easier for me to communicate in the written word.
    For such sites as Instagram and Tumblr, if you post a pic, that becomes the main dish. The text is always a side order. Which becomes a little meaningless in many cases. Among the younger CDers (I'm nowhere near exempt, evidently.) the sexual aspect is quite highly visible as well. Now this isn't wrong or bad in itself, but occasionally difficult to get past at times, and makes it harder to consider cross-dressing inherently anything more than a mere fetish when confronted. That does absolutely no justice to the entire spectrum of 'us'.

At 20, I'm already one of the youngest here. Mostly because I'm trying to come to terms with my CDing as much as I can. Despite the openness of this society, it's been a little hard to look for other people near me who cross-dress and openly admit it. Even I don't till anyone asks. But I definitely felt like 'the only one' even though, among young people and even young Singaporeans, there is statistically no way in hell I can be.

Perhaps you aren't seeing as many people your age on this forum because they are using other means of communication. Also I believe the younger generation is much more accepting than mine, which makes it easier for twenty somethings to come out among their peers.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

There was a similar thread a few months ago. Found out that the forum appears even older because they're posting more often. The younger crowd is here but not as active.

Quote Originally Posted by OverTheStarlight View Post
    Would say much of the younger generation has turned to more visual means. Even though I'm part of that generation, it's much easier for me to communicate in the written word.
    For such sites as Instagram and Tumblr, if you post a pic, that becomes the main dish. The text is always a side order. Which becomes a little meaningless in many cases. Among the younger CDers (I'm nowhere near exempt, evidently.) the sexual aspect is quite highly visible as well. Now this isn't wrong or bad in itself, but occasionally difficult to get past at times, and makes it harder to consider cross-dressing inherently anything more than a mere fetish when confronted. That does absolutely no justice to the entire spectrum of 'us'.

At 20, I'm already one of the youngest here. Mostly because I'm trying to come to terms with my CDing as much as I can. Despite the openness of this society, it's been a little hard to look for other people near me who cross-dress and openly admit it. Even I don't till anyone asks. But I definitely felt like 'the only one' even though, among young people and even young Singaporeans, there is statistically no way in hell I can be.

Well, I was going to post about being the youngest in thread so far, but you got me beat by one year.
    Just Roll With It

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    kudos to you.....I hope you stick around ....i agree with you though.....there is a BIG generation gap here.....but please bring whatever issues you may have to the table ...it would be refreshing to hear rather than.....my wife..my wife...panties, panties, ..... most of those pictures though on instagram or tumblr..i pay no mind to, its easy to sit at home and look pretty and snap a picture, lets see them out after a night partying....wait....most of them dont even go out ..
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 09-12-2015 at 03:18 AM.

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    I'm 37 so not sure somewhere in the middle ground I guess xxx