Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel kinda young here...

Gone to live my life
    Hi Adyson,

Another potential is that for many of us more mature folks, we grew up in a time where this was not tolerated on any level and could in some cases get you jailed/institutionalized or at the very least beat up. So we retreated to repression and closets to imbibe in making ourselves happy. This predates the internet in most cases so we felt alone. Once the internet came along and we found a community of sorts we jumped in with both feet because we found kindred spirits we could talk to and identify with. Even though we live in a more tolerant society today you also have to remember our contemporaries may not be as tolerant as your contemporaries so it is easier to come here and discuss then with you buddies over beer. For the younger crowd, being TG is more known and for some you have been exposed to it, may have other friends like you or, your group of friends are quite cool with it. As such, your generation (and not all) have an easier time assimilating into society and actually living your life openly if you choose . . . Yup not that simple for all in your generation but it might explain why more older folks are here.

Cheers

Isha

I'm in my early 20's, we are out there.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Platinum Member
    Hi Addison, I turned 24 for the third time last Dec.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'll echo what Adriana said. I hope you and the other 20 somethings stick around and stay active on the forum sharing your experiences. It seems like almost all the threads I've seen regarding the younger set and them noticing a CDer out it usually describes an attitude of acceptance, tolerance or indifference.

It would be nice to continue to read those types of experiences and give us older gals who haven't stepped out in public some hope that if that day ever comes it will go without incident.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

What's important is that regardless of your age you are welcome here just the same. Thanks for being part of the community!

I'm 67 years young is that good. I feel like a teenager when I dress. Does that help? Hey were all young girls when we dress. Welcome to the fold. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I feel kinda young here too and I'm 68. Go figure.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

So do I and im 29, just within the twenties still. I do think this is a great and very friendly community, but I am missing a way to have a more real time conversation with other members. Sending a PM or waiting for a reply in a thread with 10+ people posting too dosen't do it for me. A way of chatting like facebook messenger or something like that would be a very great addition in my opinion. Also I do have to agree and it's a shame that the age difference is that big on here. I feel, and no offence meant by it, that it gets a bit too pink foggy on here due to the high avg age, a bit like Adriana said with the posts she used as an example.

All this said, I do like the people here and the advice I've gotten on here has helped me a lot and I do hope I learn even more from some of the very experienced and wise people on here <3
    Transgender girl

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    I read something once that said when we start out it seems like everyone is older than us and then one day without warning we start to notice that everyone is younger than us.

Time is fleeting...

True. I started taking my first steps out when I was 21, 22 years old. Now, I'm on the verge of 47. We're everywhere and able to be more visible at an earlier age.

Tempus fugit.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

I'm 25, I assume people my age and younger are either more open or else use other places to chat.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess there are more people on here closer to my age than I thought.

Perhaps the times are more tolerant now. I know in my experience things have gone really well compared to a lot of the horror stories I've heard. Makes me really appreciate growing up in these modern times.

Yeah were here just creepin though

I heard a good possible explanation for this earlier today from older people in my support group. It could be because younger people tend to get better acceptance than those from older generations. That may not be the case for everyone for sure but transgender and crossdressers are more accepted today than they used to be. Hope that doesn't make you feel like you don't belong though. <3

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I was 32 when I joined the forum.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I am 61 feel much younger when dressed. I think us older girls struggled when young as there was very little info no internet, I felt I could never share with anyone my secret. Then finally the internet came along finding I was far from alone. I think that is why the older gals are more active on this site I am always interested in others stories as I spent way to long hiding. Love to here Younger gals stories too. I am sometimes envious as I wish I could have started way younger! NEVER TO LATE THOUGH. lOVE KNOWING WE HAVE A GREAT COMMUNITY HERE.

Most have been hiding in a closet most of our lives. When I got to late 50s I
    realized more and more I was crossdressing. Eventually as I got older
    I started with Makeup and buying undergarments that would help me pass.
    About 10 years ago I started going out as a woman and spending my day that way.
    Not going out much anymore.. getting a bit too old and the thrill is wearing off. However
    I underdress and shop for clothes. I guess that urge never leaves.

Platinum Member
    You are but a child�� But seriously, there's a wide range of ages represented here. For young people, that may seem odd because you tend to have most of your interactions in age segregated environs...schools, etc. but the larger world includes all of us, regardless of age .

Still, if you are patient, I think you'll discover quite a few 20 something's here.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

When I first started going out dressed back in the mid-aughts, I found that most of the local ladies had a decade or two on me. It was strange at first. They had different cultural reference points and ideas. I always assumed that TG folks in my age group at the time (late 20s) were either closeted or rushing headlong toward transition. It was always a pleasant surprise to meet one my age who was in a similar place as me.

That's not so much of an issue now that I'm closing in on 40! Still there is a wealth of wisdom to be gleaned from people who have been at this a while. We older ladies tend to be at peace with who and what we are.

Agree, while I'm not young any more I started out when I was young but a forum like this did not exist at the time.

Also at the time and where I lived it was not a good place to show any such tenancies.

As I grew older I have started ( I am just starting) to accept my self. That is the most important thing.

When young I recall doing and not doing lots of things out of fair of rejection from my friends... as time has past though I learnt that the people who can not accept you are actually not your real friends.

I will not lie being "outside the norm" can feel lonely at times. Just keep in mind that plenty of us exist. You are not alone.

I'm 23 so you aren't the youngest...
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."
    Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    I am so old this is the only forum I succeeded in understanding the application form for...
    OMG that was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by aBoyNamedSue View Post
    Sayyidah Sue feels so much younger than my male side.
    i thought this was an interesting point - how many of us waited so long to explore this side of ourselves? if a forty year-old man starts CDing, does it for five years, gets the hang of it, forms their own style, learns how to walk in heels, shave legs, apply makeup, et al... well, at that point, wouldn't the alter ego be whatever age seemed appropriate?

i sent a photo to one of my GG friends, and she laughed at the "selfie" i snapped. she said that it looked like i was acting like a sorority girl in a college dorm room. well, what a great compliment! i finally got to be a twenty-one year-old girl

I for one, was too chicken to explore this path in my 20's. It was not an culturally available option in the rural US, and the need was not strong enough to overcome that. Looking back the potential was always there, but it was never cognitively or spiritually a road I could go down. Now there's definately a spiritual aspect, but I think that's for another thread.

Happy to have you. I've always had friends across generations. I enjoy that in this site as well. I've always wanted to see the world!

hugs, Summer