Thread: So I got the "look" from my daughter

Banned Read only

So I got the "look" from my daughter

So last night I was going to take my daughter to something she needed to do. She comes out of her room and starts to sniff. She says "What's that smell?" I'm like "What smell?" She asked if I sprayed Fabreze and I said no. Then she asked if I was wearing perfume. I said "Why would you think I'm wearing perfume?" She crosses her arms and looks at me from head to toe.......granted I was wearing 3 inch wedges a miniskirt and a low cut t-shirt but still . So she turns around and notices a garbage bag full of cardboard and she's like "Oh it must be this then". And I said that I never even wore cologne and she said she thought I did.

But that look. It was the "Seriously? You're really asking that question?" look.

Ah well

P.S. our garbage bags are Fabreze scented.

Please pardon my confusion. You were wearing heels, and a mini skirt, and her concern was you wearing perfume. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

There is no way my daughter would walk out of the house with me me wearing a mini skirt, low cut blouse.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

I agree with Paula!

Hugs Bria

Lol, it sounds like parent role reversal!

I love it when my sons adopt a parental tone with me. Not about clothes or anything, but other stuff. I get to see the values they've adopted and it's pretty cool.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    Please pardon my confusion. You were wearing heels, and a mini skirt, and her concern was you wearing perfume. I'm sure I'm missing something here.
    No you're not missing anything. She just didn't notice the scented garbage bag.

She's gotten pretty used to the way I dress.

Platinum Member
    Hi Laurana, That's priceless.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Great story! Great daughter!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    My god,math at girl has a nose like a Chesapeake Bay retriever! But I bet the look was priceless!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

In reading Laurana's original post and the responses -- I started laughing because I starting imaging Jack Benny with his exaggerated "Well?!" pleasant memories inspired by your posting. neat.