Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painted nails while in boy mode?

Painted nails while in boy mode?

So last weekend I thought I had all Saturday and evening to stay in so I got changed and painted my nails. I was super proud of them, (I have bad eyesight and find this quite difficult) my best job yet. They were sky blue with white on my pointy finger.

Anyway me and my GF decided that we were bored of staying in and wanted to go out. I got changed back into boy mode but couldn't bare to unpaint my nails so I didn't. I was a bit nervous about this but I really wanted to keep the nails so I did.

We went to a couple of bars and the cinema. This involved handing my id to bouncers and paying by card, basically showing hands to many people. No one said anything, I didn't even see anyone bat an eye lid. In short I got to go out, have pretty nails and no one gave a damn!

Maybe I can paint my nails more often now

If you like having painted nails enjoy them more often

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Most people really don't notice and if they do its no big deal.
    I keep mine painted a lot in boy mode so my friends are used to it.

I have occasionally gone out in boy mode with my nails polished. I've never had a comment, but I'm sure people notice. After all, that's why we paint them!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

i've worn painted nails to the gym many times ... no big deal!

xx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I have not gone out with painted nails yet but have done with clear varnish no body noticed at all but I am in a bit of dilemma because a few years ago I had an accident with a high speed circular saw and lost the first joint off my first finger and most of the end of the second one! so I am a bit concerned about colour varnishing my nails. Would people notice my missing fingers more or am I worrying too much? help?

Have mine colored an off white, blushing bride color name, and my pinky fingers a sheer translucide pink called Angelic. And I finally got them back to just past my finger tips a bit. I do go out of my way to put them out there to see and occasionally tap them on the table or other hard surface just to make noise. Maybe I'll do that ring finger as a different color than the rest thing, I don't what it means but why not.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I live in a very conservative area. Cross Dressing in public is nearly non existent. I have, however, seen males with painted nails several times. A couple of times in a bar while out snowmobiling I have seen guys with their nails painted in colors to match the brand of snowmobile that they own. Not any girly colors but still, I figured others would make remarks or at least roll their eyes. I watched and it never happened. Maybe painted nails are just a step behind pierced ears.
    Last edited by Slipstream; 09-15-2015 at 02:40 PM.

I've had painted nails for a few weeks now, and the only comment I've received has been from a waitress who thought we were wearing the same shade of pink.

I have just painted my toe nails a dark coral pink but who will see them it's too cold! for open toed shoes

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Mine are painted all the time. Nobody at work cares, although yeah they noticed. I shrugged and told the truth: I like it.

Go for it. Enjoy.

I don't often wear brightly colored polish in boy mode, but my nails are long, in two tone acrylic French, with a shiny top coat all the time. I get a positive comment about them maybe every couple of days from a cashier or restaurant server.

Oddly enough, the times I have actually had them painted en homme (usually a dark red), I haven't heard any comments at all.

When I go out dressed they are always colored, of course.

- Diane

I have always had a positive response from women.. less so from guys... says it all really...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Mine stay coloured all the time, regardless of where I have to go.... They are currently a soft, sparkly pink. They were like that yesterday when was a guest instructor at our Federal Police College (Quantico equivalent for our American friends).. I did take the bling off and throw on a uniform but refused to clean the nails... I'm in no doubt the room full of 'blue flamer' macho males noticed... (Even the one girl on the course was macho...) Not sure if it had a detrimental effect on the 'war stories' I was using for effect, but I was invited back to instuct on the next course.
    I say just do it... (I just stay away from bright 'fire engine red', specifically referred to in our uniform handbook as a 'no no' for the girls, as I was told!!!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Donnagirl; 09-15-2015 at 11:40 PM.
    Call me Donna, please

Totally not a big deal. Get used to the compliments!

Been doing color on mine regularly for about half a year now. I get compliments in public, people comment when the color changes,and even my boss digs it. You'll be surprised how OK people are with it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Alex, My nails are light off pink 24/7/365, I do seam to get positive
    comments from some cashiers when making change.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I have kept mine painted 24/7 now for at least 5 years. And they are painted every color possible. People notice, as evidenced by all of the complements I get. I too answered honestly when asked, I like them painted. As of late I have been more honest and have been telling people that I identify as TG and it is aform of gender expression for me. They say, oh okay.

Just waiting for Gary Numan to cycle back through Chicago on tour. Black nails and eyeliner. No shame. The father of electronica. Mentor and muse. Saved my life. For whatever it is worth.

I have seen many guys with painted nails, usually short with black or blue polish, and I think nothing of it but that it goes with their other edgy masculine expressions (hair, clothes). But if the nails are long, shaped, and painted in a "pretty" color, I would think it's for gender expression. No biggie either way.
    Not for me, though, in boy mode. In girl mode, I love glamour length stick-ons painted very dark red.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 09-16-2015 at 08:48 AM.

I'm in boy mode at work, and I get a lot of compliments on my painting nails.
    Today I have them alternated blue and lilac. I have yet to go to a nail salon though, I do them myself

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    I have always liked wearing nail polish on both my toes and fingernails, wearing nail polish is actually very relaxing to me. I've been complimented many times by both men and women but have never experienced a negative reaction. My wife usually paints my nails for me since she is so much better at it than I am. I wear colors that are somewhat toned down but still noticeable but have worn the reds and pinks on many occasions. I just own it like it's no big deal. Two weeks ago my wife and I were at the farmers market and saw a man and a woman with the same dark red polish, they saw my nails and both smiled. Just have fun with it.

I wear panted fingers and toes every day. The feedback I have gotten has mostly been "I love your nails". That from female clerks

Don't be afraid to be pretty!

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I too have enjoyed that, although For going out I stick to a fairly muted shade. That way I can wear polish all the time and not worry although, as my wife said at the beginning, no one will notice and no one seems to, even though they are longish and very glossy

I almost always have my nails done. I get quite a lot of compliments from the other ladies at the office.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Like others have said, I wear nail polish all the time in boy mode. Never had an issue and have gotten complements from both men and women.