Thread: To the eye doctor dressed

To the eye doctor dressed

Today, I went to my eye doctor. I was all conflicted inside about whether it was a REALLY bad idea to go dressed or not. I do not modify my man head, so if anyone I knew was in the waiting room, I would be exposed. I wore a black top with a built in black cardigan and an orange maxi skirt with black hose and black flats. I felt pretty good about my outfit. I walked into the office. The woman in the waiting area didn't even look up. The lady at the counter might not have seen much below my waist. I said my name and sat down. There were three women in the reception area. I spoke briefly with the other woman in the waiting area. The women in reception came and went a couple times. I did not see them pay me any attention. I read some magazines. Once, I realized that two reception women had a quite conversation. Perhaps they were realizing my outfit.

One of those two women called me to the back. I walked with her and she performed the initial examination. At first I thought she was slightly awkward. We had friendly shallow conversations. She never seemed awkward after that. She led me to the exam room and I waited for the doctor. He came in and performed the whole exam with no indication that he even noticed my outfit. After the exam, the other two women helped me select frames. Again, no one displayed any unusual behavior. After about 20-30 minutes, I selected my frames and left.

Next, I drove to my barber shop. There was another woman in the waiting area. She and I spoke friendly for a few minutes before she was called back. She never acknowledged my outfit. My barber and I had normal conversations. She is used to me dressing like this. After my haircut, I changed back into my man clothes at the barber shop. The customer happily said good-bye to me as I walked past.

It was a very pleasant, and a not-too-stressful experience.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Sounds like a positive experience... keep going!

Hugs and kisses,
    Kaz
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Platinum Member
    Gosh this brought back memories. It's been a couple of years now since I first attended an appointment with my optometrist en femme. I went the whole way...I just can't and won't ever venture out with a man head as you say, and I admire your gumption for doing so.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It felt particularly daring because A) I could have run into someone who knows me; and B) They have my true identity, phone number, etc. (I've never dressed around anyone who has my full identity.).

It was a very simple event. My clothes were completely not acknowledged. It was almost as if they hadn't noticed. It made me want to dress more!
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Platinum Member
    Hi Johanne, It sounds like you are really out there now just loving life.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thank you for sharing your trips out and about. I’m glad to hear that you had a great time out.

I know the feeling of going where you have to show your phone number and your identity while dressed. I also love to just taking care of ordinary things while dressed in a skirt or a dress. Some times I also risk meeting people I know. It is a small risk I have to take to be able to be my self. When I am out it is very seldom people say anything, but it is obvious they are seeing I am wearing women’s clothing.

Your trips are an inspiration. Please keep on posting.

Sounds like a great outing to the eye doctor.

Silver Member
    Johanne - Great adventure. I am glad you had a good experience and an exciting time. I do have a question - "What if you recognized by a friend?"

If you continue to dress and go to places dressed, you might run into friends or acquaintances. Would it really matter?

Maybe you should not be worried. It might not be as adventurous if you decided not to care about discovery, but it might be more fun if you were fully relaxed.

I am glad you had a good time and am really glad you have the confidence to dress while visiting your doctor.

Thanks. Heather.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats the way it should be every time.

Good for you. At worst if anyone said anything just tell them "I guess I do need glasses after all", then walk away smiling, gets them every time.

A Cutie With A Hot Bootie Tammie.J.Swenson's Avatar
    Several years ago I had to get my eyes examined via a Dr. Because I failed the driver license eye exam. A Chrissy, a striper friend that knows me as tammie said I'd look better as a female with contacts instead of my aviator frame glasses. She said if you get eyeglasses get platinum color small femaleish frames. BUT BESURE TO GO ENFEM. USE UR FEMALE NAME.

So I setup an appointment with the Doctor at a newly opened branch of the optical store for their first 9am appointment. Happened to be the next Saturday in October, 3 days hence. I had a noon male hair cut appointment. Afterwards . So I bit the bullet as I had only a week b4 my DL expired.

Thought since my hair was rather long I might pass w/O a wig, the nite b4 shampoo and blew dry my below the ear lobe hair best I could into a puffy female style. Next morning, got up at 4am, showered, shaved face xtra close, ,shaved chest, legs, arms, under arms per Chisy's female rtn instructs, GLUED ON my boobs. Put on a Solid Black VS 38DD FULL COVERAGE BRA, MATCHING Thong, black fishnet pantyhose, White Lace V-neck sleevelees ,Thong Teddy, Red spandex lace miniskirt and 4" platform White knee high boots, (Chrisy, gave me them as a female comming out present provided, I use them 2 get contacts, wear both to her strip club that evening ) . Then called Chrisy, she said she was already on the way directly from work that prior night. She redid my hair into a small bunn on top of my head,
    As was her hair. Then made-up me using her Makeup and then gave me a purse and some spare make and lipstick, gloss etc.
    She said "Now tammie u really look hot now If I was a man I'd be hitting on u".

Thought, surely someone would guess.

Check it with appointment desk lady, she said welcome Tammie, soundslike you have a little head cold. No problem. Had to wait for about 1/2 hour for the Doctor to finish his morning setup rtn. Chatty nurse, said hay ur a good looker, ud be better off with contacts. Said she'd talk to the doctor.
    Doctor, said Tammie, ud look better in contacts, we're having a grand opening special of the eye exam for both contact lenses and regular lenses.
    If you have both exams today I'm going to give you a 3 months supply of disposable wear a week contact's and the contact cleaning solution.
    So I got both, exams, orderEd frames & lenses, walked out wearing contacts.

Then went to the haircut appointment with Nancy my barber. R u going to a Halloween party, noded yes, she said wow ur one hot lady, but the bunn doesn't work for you. If you let me do want I to with you hair ur cut is on me, but you will have to wear it in your male attire . So for the next 6 weeks, I had a short streaked page boy with small curls.

First time out in general public Entirely ENFEM for more than a few hours on weekend trips to the XDing friendly strip club.

Don't you just hate it when you spend all that time picking out an outfit and getting dressed and nobody notices? I do.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.