Thread: Cute girl at the mall gave me a compliment

Cute girl at the mall gave me a compliment

Its been a long time since I started a new thread but tonight was special.

I am on a business trip now and when on a trip its boy by day girl by night. Tonight was my last night so I went to the mall just to be out and about. I stopped at the food court and had a meal. After I was done I went to the restroom. No big deal for me. Then I went down the stairs to the lower level. A few minutes later a young women approached me. She smiled and said " I just want to tell you that your very beautiful." Immediately I figured I was clocked. So I replied with "Really, this is a joke right". She insisted that she was being honest and stated that she had seen me upstairs and felt compelled to tell me. At this point I'm still not convinced that I wasn't made. So I asked her if she was hitting on me, with a smile of course. She smiled back and with a long hesitation said "not really, and I didn't mean to shock you I just think your beautiful. At that point I just rolled with it. I grabbed her by the hand and lead her to a bench near by. I thanked her and told her that was the best complement I had ever received and then I told her what I was. The look on her face told me this wasn't a joke, or pick on the freak day. Then I got a "OMG I really don't see it". We talked a little while longer and then I ask her to have a picture with me. She politely refused but did take mind for me. This girl was a little on the heavy side but cute probably around 30 to 35. I still think she has a few screws loose but I was on cloud nine the rest of the night.

When I am out dressed I know that I get a lot of looks. I just figured that it was people that had made me, or couldn't decide if I was really a women. Tonight I just figured they just checking out a beautiful women. Talk about an attitude changer. LOL

photo.jpg

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Congratulations Katie! This world needs way more moments like that!

Banned Read only
    Katie, your outfit looks great. very natural for the mall! Now. my opinion about being "clocked" is that as cross dressers we never "pass" so therefore we are clocked by everyone. The difference is that I believe if you re really blending, as you are, the normals think "transexual" not cross dresser. So this woman was happy for you living your life, everyone knows it has to be hard to do. With Kentucky in the news so much lately due the marriage license thing, I suspect the normal tolerant people are more vocal right now. Again, you look great.

Congratulations! I only wish I could experience the feeling you just shared. I think you should keep right on enjoying your gift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I know - I have hade it happen to me , and it put me on cloud 9 for a week - hugs to you the best ever feeling.............................Debra

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    That's awesome! Lovely story

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very nice outfit!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Aspiring Member
    Katie, that's a great experience, a wonderful pic, and a very pretty lady!!!

that's awesome, katie! you look great and it's no surprise to me you received a compliment.

It is hard to accepted a compliment - sometimes a simple thank you and a return compliment is the best reply

Platinum Member
    You appear attractive and nicely dressed in the picture. When a person gives a woman a compliment that she looks beautiful you have to think like a woman. I've found over the decades women will judge the entire person, while men dwell on some fetish characteristic of a woman...a breast man, an @ass man, etc. I think she was judging you as an individual whether or not she "clocked." And, if she did "clock you," I personally think you did deserve the comment.

Platinum Member
    Hi Katie, It's not surprising because you have that lovely natural feminine look about yourself.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by katie_barns View Post
    I still think she has a few screws loose but I was on cloud nine the rest of the night.

When I am out dressed I know that I get a lot of looks. I just figured that it was people that had made me, or couldn't decide if I was really a women. Tonight I just figured they just checking out a beautiful women. Talk about an attitude changer.
    How could she have a screw loose if she thought you were beautiful?

What a great way to end a trip! It does take you aback when you get a true complements on your looks. I was in a Kohl's one time and the woman at the checkout told me she totally loved my makeup job. All I could do was smile and wonder if I've been made. I must have had a quizzical look on my face, then she asked how I did my eye shadow. Maybe she was just wondering how I did it? I still felt great. I'm glad you got a high like that as well, you're pretty enough to earn one!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    When a person gives a woman a compliment that she looks beautiful you have to think like a woman. I've found over the decades women will judge the entire person, while men dwell on some fetish characteristic of a woman...a breast man, an @ass man, etc. I think she was judging you as an individual whether or not she "clocked.
    Interesting! You are right to a certain extent. The moment she complimented me I did react like a man. I stopped being a women and reacted like a man.

So this morning as I was checking out of the hotel I tired the same thing. The woman at the counter was extremely beautiful so I told her that. Since I was in male mode I also told her I wasn't trying to come on to her. She was half my age. All I got in return was a big smile, and a "Thank you". Nothing more.

I still think its strange that a women would walk up to another woman she doesn't know and throw that out. I looked good, but not that good. Maybe I was clocked after all and she just want a closer look and hear my voice. I do know that the rest of the night I walked around with more confidence and uninhibited in my actions. As long as I have been dressing in public I still get a little up tight in places like malls and such. This girl with one simple statement wiped a lot of that out.
    Last edited by katie_barns; 09-18-2015 at 10:31 AM.

I think it's safe to say that you were really looking beautiful. Just remember that women come in all shapes and sizes. <3

What a wonderful experience Katie! It's stories like this that makes me think that one day the world will truly evolve into a more welcoming and accepting place for everyone. Love this story, and love your outfit, you look wonderful!

<3 Lauren

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    How wonderful that must have been!!!
    You do look fabulous and the outfit looks great.

BTW Ky girl here too.