Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Crossdresser's Girlfriend.

Red face The Crossdresser's Girlfriend.

Good evening or morning, wherever you are

I apologise in advance for the long post, but I want to tell my story of being the Crossdresser's Girlfriend.

I'd like to be known as Teags, an ordinary 18 year old girl. Quite recently I started dating an old high school boyfriend again, who is a closet CD. He told me about his CD'ing essentially before we became an item, perhaps a month or so ago. I have read through quite a few forums on this website, and I am quite surprised, and grateful, about how early he told me about CD'ing habits. When he first told me, he attempted to make it a joke just to see how I would react, but soon came clean and told me he wasn't lying. At first, I was a little surprised - but I have a very open mind. I wasn't shocked or put off by him, just... surprised to say the least. It didn't make me see him as any less of a man. We didn't talk about the subject for quite a while. One day while he was at work, I snooped through two of the bags he had indicated at during his confession.

Sure enough, there were women's clothing, shoes and wig within the bags. I didn't really know how to expect. I didn't think of how I would react. I mean he had told me the truth, didn't he? But why did I feel more shocked? I guess it suddenly hit me that he really did CD. He had told me not to tell anyone, but I needed to speak to someone who could tell me that this was... okay. That it wasn't as taboo or "bad" as I really thought. I spoke to my mother, who absolutely adores my partner, and the way he treats me. She wasn't surprised, and said she thought there was something too special about him. She offered me support, but it wasn't enough. It wasn't as though I wasn't coping with this new information, it was more... what do I do with this information?

I had so many questions come up in my head. So many feelings I didn't know whether they were okay to feel or not. I loved him to no end, and I still wanted to continue loving this man. Initially, I felt uneasy, and kept those particular feelings to myself. I did not want him to be put under any pressure whatsoever to stop CD'ing simply because he thought it weirded me out. Like I said, I'm very open minded. I told him that I just needed it to sink in and we'll talk about it again another day, just let me think. And he did.

I went out one night with some girlfriends and he asked me to come back to his afterwards. It was roughly one in the morning when I went back to his. I thought he ignored my texts and phone calls, so I went home, but he later told me he was asleep. The next day he admitted he was 'dressed, "so it was probably a good thing I hadn't come back to stay at his." At that moment I felt a little betrayed... no that's not the correct word... maybe a little let down. There was a side of him he was keeping from me. That was when I realised I wanted to know that part of him.

We had a few drinks with his friends and siblings one night, and someone noticed that he shaved his legs (which he does quite regularly, it's normal for me). He told them a fib, and later told me it was because he 'dressed earlier. This piece of information settled fine with me. I was okay with it. Eventually everybody left and we went to have a shower and we had a (drunk) conversation about things he would like done to him. To put it simply, he said "whatever you like done to you... I like done to me." So I put one and one together and figured it out. I think wondered about his sexuality, more questions. I started to feel uneasy. This man who worked on cars, went 4x4'ing, worked in tiling, and was just such a... boy, had such a feminine side to him.

That night we experimented on things. A few nights after I decided I really needed a night at home, and needed to do some research. I then found this great website. The things I have read from many of the CD'ing men, or rather women (what would you like me to refer to you all as?) have been so enlightening and I didn't feel so alone. I soon realised this is a journey I'm prepared to take with my partner so he's more comfortable in his own skin, and with me, and be who he wants to be. I then came up with multiple questions.

How often do you CD?
    Why do you CD?
    Do you want to become a girl?
    Are you bi-sexual?
    Would you like to do this in public?

Shortly after researching so much for a couple of nights, I found the courage to talk to him about it. We were snuggling in his bed, him being the little spoon. I asked him everything I had. And in return, he gave me what I believe is complete honesty. He turned to me and thanked me, telling me no other partner (only two others knew about his CD'ing) went to this extent to try to understand him. He explained to me sometimes he likes feeling like my gender, (I still don't quite understand this) but he likes being a man. He tried sleeping with another man, but he couldn't deal with that, he would rather be with a woman. He wouldn't do this in public and he wouldn't change genders. Which is ultimately my biggest fear.

I love my partner, a lot. But the sad thing is, I cannot call him "her" or "she," referring to him in feminine pronouns. I remember him saying one night "a pity you're so straight." I then realise that this may be what he meant, unless he meant in regards to our bedroom activities. I went into the relationship dating a man, and I'd like to keep it that way. I can't call him a girl, because that makes me feel as though I'm then dating a woman, which turns me off completely. We discussed that and he's fine with it.

My partner is yet to 'dress in front of me. I'm kind of scared of what my reaction will be. What are some things you would have like to have heard or seen in your partners eyes the first time she saw you 'dressed? I'd really like some help here. I want him to feel comfortable and 'dress in front of me. I want to be as supportive as possible. I feel as though I'd be scared simply because I don't want to feel as though I'm sleeping with/dating a woman. I want to try and keep it as light as possible, maybe a joke rather than something so serious or "taboo." I love him too much for this to be a deal breaker for me - unless he starts asking me to call him her, I may have to reconsider my options only because that side is completely mental/emotional.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. Any opinions, advice, ANYTHING is more than welcome. I'd like some support too

Sounds like you are pretty understanding honey. And it sounds like in time that he will really want to dress for you sometime too. I used to really love to dress for my girlfriend and I lost her. I hope that everything works out for you.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar
    Hi Teags, Ah to be 18 again and find a lady so excepting. Why not surprise him and go shopping with him and pick out a nice out fit that brings out his eyes. Go home and do his make up for him and have fun with it. I've watched YouTube videos on girlfriends putting makeup on they're boyfriends for fun to see what they look like. Have a few drinks and just relax enjoying each other. Make it a weekly routine, something special for him and maybe he will do something special for you. You are what men call the unicorn, usually it's the second wife that isn't so uptight and allows the husband to be himself. Treats him not as a god but the way he should be treated with love and respect excepting him no matter what. I hope this idea may help, good luck.��
    cassandra*:cheers

WOW,
    I wish all women were like you.
    I hope you get what you want and you CO/CD bf also.
    The journey is different for each one of us, but it is great to be open and honest.

I love dressing a lot and have lost a few gf's when I came out to them.
    I even have a therapist to try to figure myself out ... life long problem. LOL
    Good Luck and PM me if you have anything u want to ask.
    Prene

Hi teags. In april I came out to my accepting gf so I can somewhat identify with how your partner feels in this regard. My impression of him is totally from me being on the outside and from the descriptions you have given. You asked him really good questions and he may still be soul searching, however if he knows himself very well and answered honestly then i think you two are off to a good start. It seems to me that he is mostly into women and is very much into you since he is placing this much trust in you. From what I've read it seems that he may possibly, even very likely be a mix of both male and female which is what I am and "some" other cders are. I have so called "boy" interests such as bugs, bones, rap, action movies, i study war etc. However I also like chick flicks, whitney houston, i love fuschia etc. In the bedroom i enjoy playing the man role but i also desire to experience playing the female role. My gf is very much straight so this takes communication and creativity, we're still finding our way with this. I usually am in man mode but sometimes get to dress in the bedroom, even then so far im usually playing the man role. In order for me to play the female role we have discussed toys and other creativity but both partners need to be comfortable and get thier needs met. Pre discussion and regular communication is essential. As far as reacting to him dressed he probably is seeking acceptance and affirmation without compliments feeling fake or forced if that makes sense.I think a key is to accept and embrace his female "feminine" side and appreciate how it adds to his personality while being clear that you very much need to also have him as a man. I hope things workout for the two of you. you can also PM me if you want to ask anything.
    Last edited by Jazzy Jaz; 09-18-2015 at 04:27 AM. Reason: touch ups, i made a long post then lost wifi and forgot some of what i said.

Hi teags, welcome to the forum!!

I'm a GG (genetic girl) like you.

Here's a list of the common abbreviations we use here, see the second post:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-Abbreviations

The first thing I would like to tell you is, there is a wide variety of CDers who perceive what they do differently and who also have different motives, and you will get a lots of different answers, some of them conflicting, to all your questions. It's just like asking for people's favorite color. All the answers will be the different. So really, the best person to ask is your boyfriend.

Also, the CDing progresses to the extent that a CDer will feel he can get away with doing things. Some people feel they cannot pass in public, so they don't want to go out. Some people keep the CDing hidden from their wives and they can't go out, so they satisfy themselves with dressing at home when their wives are gone. But, if a CDer has a supportive wife/girlfriend and feels he passes, or if he feels that people in general will accept him as a male who wears women's clothing or presents as a woman, then chances are that eventually he will want to go out ... plus there are dozens of different situations.

Sexuallity: Most are female-attracted. Some are gay, and some are bi. Some can only have sex with men if they are dressed (having sex with a man while they're in male mode breaks the fantasy of being a woman). A lot of CDers fantasize about having sex with men, even if the reality of the experience would not work for them. And some people think that just having sexual fantasies makes them bi. Also, lots of CDers fantasize about being lesbian with women. Last, there are CDers who prefer solo-fantasy sex over having sex with men or women.

My opinion of your boyfriends comments, "whatever you like done to you... I like done to me" and "a pity you're so straight" is that his ultimate fantasy is to be a lesbian in bed with you. He still knows he is a guy but it's a powerful sexual fantasy. But, this is my opinion you should ask your boyfriend if this is his fantasy.

As to the rest, it will take time to cultivate a sixth sense of what this is all about, so I encourage you to read a lot of threads. If you come across anything that causes you concern (I'm sure some members will chime in and say that your boyfriend "might be" transsexual), discuss your concerns with your boyfriend.

Also, you might consider joining the FAB section just for GGs. You can read about this here:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...f#faq_gg_forum
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-18-2015 at 04:45 AM.
    Reine

"what Reine said", and welcome. I wonder if you and he'd be happy for you to use "hun" (honey) for him when he's in a girl-mode?
    In terms of pseudo-lesbian experience, 69 would give him a good aspect of that. I suspect its not only lesbian tho', but also occasional role-reversal - the reality is often not the fantasy and he may well decide he does not like it after trying it.

He sounds likes he's a fully-rounded human being, thus is a male with a feminine also present, that is a rare gift to experience, making him far more sensitive to your needs than the average Joe. Don't forget to cherish this rare and important aspect to the CD man. He will give massively back in gratitude for you agreeing for him to explore this other side of himself, and as such it can be rewarding for both of you.

Remember tho, take time for yourself, your needs, agree some bounds and limits, and above all, talk.

xxx Pamela
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-18-2015 at 05:31 AM. Reason: TMI - too much for here too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Between Reine and Pamela you have the best answers possible from both worlds. Keep in mind even though they are accurate they can not be the final say due to everyone has their idiosyncrasies, that means him and you. Just be prepared to make a little ajustment here and there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

All good thoughts. You are on the right track, wherever that may lead. You are also a wonderful person to try to understand something that many people would simply and superficially dismiss. May your growth, love and acceptance of all things continue to grow!

I hope that wasn't too sappy! Just wanted to say it.

hi teags,
    first welcome to our group,
    you are to be commended for your tolerance and understanding and this fact finding endeavor...

as he is answering your question honestly things should go favorable from there, to put what i express into context i recently describe myself as gender fluid, i have disclosed my dressing to my wife just shy of two years, this was a part of me since i was a boy and it never left, when going out to clubs i always wanted to dress up and be with the ladies but also at the end of the night "be with" the ladies.....after i settled down it went dormant for a while and would rear its ugly head now and then, growing up i was always racked with guilt and shame for just being me.....imagine if in my day i found a girl like you....i cant even imagine that because in my youth i was assumed confused and in denial of being gay....

i always had the fantasy of being dressed (male minds are visual) and being with my girl while doing so.....never happened, but to tell the truth even today i dont know if i could dress in front of the misses, so dont be scared and dont do anything you are not comfortable with, will he want to transition.....no promises there but if he is in a loving understanding relationship with the one he loves i dont see that there would be a need to as he would have some inclination about that now, as far as getting hung up on dating/sleeping stuff he still has the right plumbing so if it feels good enjoy it, if not make it known...

so their you have it thoughts from a 50 YO male who likes to shop for dresses and shoes that a twenty something would want, and feels that i do make them look good, just recently went out to support meeting dressed, and was astonished how comfortable i felt in front of strangers, preparing to do it again soon....i dont like everything girly and still cuss at the TV when the ref doesnt make a call or makes the wrong one, fix all the broken thingy s at home when i can, fishing, boating, spitting, just prefer to do them dressed the way i would like but still chicken about it and its just as well for my wife wants it private even as im ready to not care as much....

again its going to be a long twisted journey and like any relationship things evolve as you go.....be at peace with it and show the love and affection you seem to have for this person and everything else should fall into place.....

nice to meet you....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Hi Teags and welcome too...

Quite a first post and you can probably be guaranteed 100% support just for being prepared to give one of us a chance!

Let me give you a perspective from someone who is not out to their wife or SO (and deeply fearful of the consequences) and who participates occasionally, albeit in a full transformation way...

What would I want the reaction to be to seeing me dressed? Anything short of disgust or tears would be great - ideally an appreciation of how much effort I put into something that means so much to me, even if I may struggle to explain why it does.

Would I be upset by you not using the correct pronoun? No - I don't believe this should be a problem between established couples and where the CDer truly does not identify as a woman. This might be a bit of a grey area though, but I think it's something that should be flexible in private, although in public it may be much more difficult as it does imply the CDer is being misgendered compared with presentation.

You're still both clearly very young although your post is written with more maturity than usual, I think, and that has to be good news for you working things out with him. You have every right to assert that you want a man in your life (particularly in the intimate aspects of it) and you have the opportunity to work at an understanding of how to accommodate this definitively, strange condition, while enjoying, celebrating and developing a perspective of life that few people have the opportunity to experience.

Remember we're all individuals - everything you read here is just one person's perspective on how they feel, what they do and what they've experienced - you ultimately have to work this out between the two of you and for the benefit of both of you... Just take your time and keep reading and talking, young lady...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Teags as a CDer I think CD's see women as beautiful and sexual and all those beautiful sexy clothes that are available to them to wear just multiplies this attraction to women to the point where they want to be one so maybe I should dress like one and see how it feels. Once they do this and feel the soft sexy tight fabrics which arouses their sexual desires to new pleasurable heights they are hooked and want to keep dressing and adding more and taking it further to keep or increase this high. With your acceptance and participation of his dressing I think you might start to wonder is his love for you being diminished somewhat for his increasing love to CD. If you're O.K. with your guy being more and more feminine as time goes on to where you're with/looking at more of a female than male then you'll have to decide is all of his love for me worth it.

Perhaps you could start by asking him to wear some panties for you and see how you handle it, if yes than some girl boot cut jeans and maybe go shopping; this will give you both an idea whether it goes further or it's maybe what one or both want or don't want. There is a website, Crossdressers with girlfriends and other crossdressers with pic's, they make very nice looking feminine couples, this might really be something he would shoot for but sounds like it's not for you. His CDing is ingrained in his mind and it isn't going away. Letting him CD and time will tell you if you want to stick around.

Teags...this could be me...almost exactly. I completely accept my honey for who he is...all of him. But i still have my own insecurities. I love shopping with him. Helping pick things out. Paint his toenails. But other than pictures Ive only seen him dressed once. At home. And i hardly made eye contact. I felt awful. But i was so worried that i may have sent off the wrong vibe.
    We talked about it later and will try again later. But i love him and have no intention to make him stop. We do have boundaries (like no bedroom stuff. ...which hes fine with. Its more about the fashion with him.)

But each couple will be different

You sound like an amazing, mature and thoughtful gal, Teags. You've done your research, been open and honest with your partner, and I think you just need to keep doing the same thing. Keep lines of communication clear and be ok with feeling discomfort. It's ok that you're not immediately ok with everything he's doing or that you're not comfortable with the she pronouns. As you two work along this path you'll figure out what's best and right for you.

My partner is supportive, but also is working through some tension with me around my dressing. She makes it clear though that she loves me and that she wants to work on it with me. And that's enough for me right now. I think being sure that you have some emotional support from other women in similar situations will help a lot.

Good luck, girl!

Hey teags, glad you made the decision to come here and do a bit of research. I'll offer you my two cents on my experiences in the hope that'll give you an idea.

The first thing to note is that so many of us want different things, it's very varied here so what one person seeks may not be the same as your boyfriend.
    The first thing I would like to address is when he "was asleep" with me personally I don't dress if invited out somewhere rather than dressing and ignoring an invite however if I was already dressed I would probably make an excuse and not go out, similarly you'll notice how he lied about his shaved legs, you may notice things like that more often, I've done it but they are essentially white lies, no harm done, his legs were shaved but who cares why. I have two gay friends that when they both came out and began dating thy asked me not to tell anyone else and I noticed it from them when they had to lie about what they had been up to the night before to avoid admitting being together. Many of us here havent told friends or family because it feels like such a risk and from the poor results you can read about here I don't blame them.

I can't relate to having a big secret dropped on me apart from my friends coming out as gay but I can appreciate the struggle of keeping it to yourself, I've told all my close friends about myself recently as well as my family because I had grown tired of lying or hiding but I told my friends 1 at a time over about 2 or 3 weeks and 1 of them had become suspicious and asked another of the friends who avoiding the subject and let me know about it as a heads up so I would suggest not telling your friends about it because of the harm it could do unless he wanted it to become know.

Now for the important bits, in terms of calling him "she" or "her", if he has accepted that's not something you can do then he must accept that, while I like being referred to that way when I'm dressed I still do find it a bit awkward or more embarrassing but I think that has to do more with me trying to accept that part of me but what I do is refer to that other side of me in the third person and my friends do too unless I am dressed in front of them, it also makes it easier to avoid people overhearing your conversation.

In terms of him dressing in front of you, I feel your kind of anxious about it, it probably won't be as bad as you think, but in my case I actually find it as uncomfortable to dress in front of others too because at first it is awkward having someone look at you differently or think differently about you and being male it is very hard to be perceived as weak or girly as I'm sure you can understand which is also why many of us don't want people to know, so he may not want to jump at the situation either.
    Your right to let him know you don't feel comfortable doing anything sexual while dressed, that's not something you enjoy, it's not something sexual for me, cuddling while watching TV would really all I would be looking for, if your happy to let him be the little spoon then that shouldn't be a problem.

Asking him exactly what he wants would be best, that can change over time too, when I first began dressing the thought of going outside was a joke but now I've been out twice and to two of my friends houses.
    I would say the simplest things to say to be supportive would be to treat him how you would like in terms of clothing, If you get to the stage of seeing him dressed or he just shows you something he bought "wow that's gorgeous" is all he's probably looking to hear, or "where did you buy that?"
    I have a female friend who snap chats me her outfits when she is going out to a club or her makeup and while I'd do it far less as often I'd send her a snapchat of something I bought or whatever and of course the replies are "you look amazing", it's really just a confidence booster.

I hope that helped anyway, if you want to ask Anything else fire away, but your already on the right track of being supportive and accepting

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by teags View Post

How often do you CD?
    Why do you CD?
    Do you want to become a girl?
    Are you bi-sexual?
    Would you like to do this in public?

... But the sad thing is, I cannot call him "her" or "she," referring to him in feminine pronouns.

My partner is yet to 'dress in front of me. I'm kind of scared of what my reaction will be. What are some things you would have like to have heard or seen in your partners eyes the first time she saw you 'dressed? I'd really like some help here. I want him to feel comfortable and 'dress in front of me. ...
    Hi Teags, you are both brave and insightful to reach out. As young as you are, I am surprised, so more power to you. I picked out a few things to respond to in hopes of offering some insight for you.

- I dress about once a week at most. I am an "all or nothing" cross dresser so that means makeup, wig, etc. The whole production.
    - "Why" is the entry question. I firmly believe I was born this way. Like being gay or straight. I am "this." I have been this way since I was 7 or so. There is a component that offers some stress relief as well as, perhaps, a vacation from my "guy" self and by virtue of that, my obligations. This is a hard one to explain.
    - I am straight. And by that I mean I am sexually attracted to women and only women, and more specifically, my wife, regardless of how I am dressed. Cross dressing and sexuality are unrelated as strange as that may seem.
    - I do go out in public. The first time I went out it was liberating beyond belief. It is sort of like shouting from the rooftops that I am a cross dresser without saying a word. It was and is a validation that while this activity is certainly weird, it is not abhorrent. I would bet my life that your boyfriend will want to go out, eventually. It's a test, it's exciting, it's a validation. It will come up.

Regarding the pronoun issue. To me it does not matter. When out in public, my wife uses female pronouns for convention. It's the same reason I have a feminine name. The name itself does not matter but when out, it makes things easier, IN PUBLIC. At home it has no relevance so don't worry about it.

Lastly, about seeing him dressed of the first time. My wife laughed out loud when she saw me. It was not a mean laugh, just a reaction to the surprise. I did not take it badly. It will be weird! Before I made the live appearance, I showed my wife some pictures of me which I think helped but seeing me in 3D was still quite the shock. After absorbing the vision for a few minutes, she told me that my legs looked a lot bette than she thought they might (I'm a biker and have kind of large thighs). Give your honest appraisal: I like this, I don't like that, whatever. Cross dressers need help from women! Fashion tips are great, makeup tips are great. You can't force yourself to be comfortable, that takes time. He should understand this BEFORE the reveal.

Best of luck to you both,

Silver Member
    Well you have gotten great info from a couple of GG's and many CD'ers which I am. Me, married DADT strictly faithful/Hetero, no interest in transitioning who does now go out dressed fully. We all are different and many of your thoughts are also common but you too of course are an individual.
    Since the two of you are young adults many of your ideals and thoughts will continue to mature and this maturing will be a big part of how you two develop as a couple. Reined, mentioned a progression and to thought idea I'd like to add many here do progress, some do not. Since you SO is young his path is likely still undetermined (he doesn't even know where it is going).
    I wish the two of you only the best and I feel time will tell the path you two take. In closing, you talked about his "lie" and I need to stress that a huge part of cding is for us to accept ourselves to a point we are comfortable enough to share that with others. There is a bunch of shame associated with CDing that we all need to manage some do this easily others do not. It is more insecurity driven than anything else. Remember he has confided in you something so personal and private, please never use that trust against him, and I really doubt you would anyway.

Best to you both!

I dont know about teags...but i find this very relieving

He's lucky to have someone supportive as you to be looking into and asking the right questions.
    My personal guess about dressing up in front of you is he is likely nervous about approaching the subject on fear of rejection. He might even be waiting on you to start the asking.
    go shopping and see what he likes, might be an easy way to bridge that.
    if you ask my wife: she loves that i actually have opinions on clothes now and that i love to do her hair, nails and makeup. It's fun, and I'm just a better adjusted man than the one she married 20 years ago.

My GF is more or less like you. She has a problem with me overtly acting like a girl, but she is ok with my dressing, although I've only done that once. She loves me and wants me to be happy and that is the bottom line. She just gets weirded out when/if I start acting like somebody else, which I can understand. The way she's approaching it is to think of my dressing up more or less as a costume activity and more fun than serious. Which is ok with me. Love that girl.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teags View Post
    I'd like to be known as Teags, an ordinary 18 year old girl.

Any opinions, advice, ANYTHING is more than welcome.
    You'd like to be known as an ordinary 18 year old girl?

I think you're neither 18, ordinary, or a girl.

Teags = TG

Well you did say opinions, advice, ANYTHING is more than welcome

And you are welcome Teags.

Hugs of appreciation for your entertaining introduction,

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Your BF sounds a bit like me. XD

I'm impressed you decided to do some research before judging him.
    Just Roll With It

teags: Almost four years ago, I met my current SO.... who could have written your submittal... tho' we are far older than you and your lucky B/F...... It has been a dream, ever since. Would that more - or, other - women, wives and girlfriends could react as you (and my lovely G/F) did.... In those four years, our relationship has been as solid - more solid - than any I've had before..... YOU, Dear Girl, are a dream-come-true for your B/F. May you and he (her?) have many, many wonderful times together......

First off, you are to be commended for keeping an open mind after finding out such big news. It takes a special person to not only keep an open mind and see past the immediate shock I am sure you were experiencing but to also reach out to others in the community to help yourself understand on a deeper level. Kudos to you! Your partner is a lucky person.

It sounds to me like you have some reservations as to how fast/far things are progressing, and trust me when I tell you there is nothing wrong with sitting down and attempting to talk through some boundaries with your partner. It's tough to see it from his perspective, but he has just told you something that he has been keeping bottled up for a majority of his life, and now that it's out he's just so at ease being able to finally be himself that he may be moving to quickly for you, despite how open minded you are being. Do not be afraid to tell him if this is the case, and I can almost assure you he will slow things down a bit to give you time to adjust. Some of us (myself included) forget that we have had our entire lives to come to terms with who we are and we should not expect the important people in our lives that we share this side of us with to adjust in a flash, they need equal opportunity as well.

As far as seeing him dressed for the first time, same advice here... take things slow and work up to it and I doubt you will be in such a state of shock when you see him fully dressed for the first time. Start with undergarments, or some accessories such as necklaces or earrings, maybe some makeup here and there. Work it up to the full blown outfit, and maybe offer to help him get fully dressed for the first time so you can see it each step of the way and know that it's the same person under it all, he's just way prettier! As far as the pronoun usage, that will have to be your decision alone, if you are not comfortable using female pronouns around him then by all means tell him that and I am sure he will understand. Just my two cents, hope it helps!

<3 Lauren

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome I think you have gotten some good advice so far.
    As far as female pro noun usage its pretty important to some CDers so best to ask him how he feels about that.
    If you are with him dressed out somewhere (in the future maybe) and you use his male name and people are close by and hear you then you have blown his cover so to speak.
    I have dated some GG's and been with them dressed and some even liked some show of public affection like holding hands or a quick kiss.
    I think you will in time get a better understanding if you make the effort.