Thread: Update on me

Update on me

Hey everyone. I haven't posted in a while. I just wanted to give everyone a brief update.

I just finished my 7th week on HRT. Got my E and T levels checked for the first time. My Testosterone is virtually non-existant (15), and my Estrogen is at 801.3. I am told yes, it is high, but my doctor says i am ok, and not to worry. I feel fine overall. My gender dysphoria is at an all time high, and i've had a rough past couple of weeks with my SO. She's still not accepting of any of this, but we are fighting for our marriage. I still am hiding from her co-workers and music students, but i'm pretty much out to everyone else. The only time I go out in public with girl clothes on is when I go visit my friends, attend Support group meetings and go see my doctor. I also wear them around the house as well.

I'm not shaving as much anymore (legs/arms once a week, face once a week, other places every 2 weeks or so. My face is starting to thin out a bit. My boobs HURT like hell. I'm moody, irritable, and i cry on occasions.

I'm doing quite well, and will post again sometime. Take care!

Alexandria
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

Glad you're doing well in yourself Alex... sorry to hear about the ongoing struggles with your SO but this has to be the toughest thing to grasp - at least it sounds like she's fighting for you both rather than against you...

It's a 'long game' this one (yes - I know it's not a game, just figuratively...) - so be patient and pace yourself...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi Alexandria, It sounds like you are on your way, Are you keeping a log and pictures on your progress.

I wish you all the best on your new life's journeys,
    May all of your paths be covered with Rose Petals & Sunshine.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just an amazing story. You have gone to shaving your legs for the first time (and that being quite the difficult milestone as you described) to completing 7 weeks of HRT in less than three months (going out in public for the first time in this midst of all this, among other thing). All while having a SO who is completely against the notion of transgender being real, let alone the transition of her husband. Simply amazing.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 09-19-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

The thinning of body hair, and facial hair after 7 weeks of HRT. Is miraculous. Keep up the good work. You go girl.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Alexandria, It sounds like you are on your way, Are you keeping a log and pictures on your progress.

I wish you all the best on your new life's journeys,
    May all of your paths be covered with Rose Petals & Sunshine.
    I'm not keeping up with pictures or anything. I want to forget how i looked before transition. The only time i look in the mirror is when i shave. That's when i notice facial changes. I'm starting to work on voice training, but i'm not so sure I will be able to accomplish that. I may just have to deal with my deep male voice. Not all mtf transgenders do voice training. Although I would like to have a girly voice, i'm not sure it's possible.
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

damn girl, sounds like you're going through a rough patch, but will be worth it when you've finished you'll be who you want to be stay strong Alexandria
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-20-2015 at 05:21 AM. Reason: No need to quote the whole post, read the rules regarding quoting posts

I understand that you are going through a rough time, however, how did you expect your wife to react!??? She married a man - now, through no fault of her own, is married to a "woman". It is difficult. While you are celebrating, she is dying inside.

i will offer support and kudos...support for you and your SO in your relationship and kudos for your personal efforts. it is a razors edge we walk to keep both satisfied..good luck