Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How comfortable do you feel when out either enfemm or just underdressed

Reality Check
    If you are walking around in public dressed as a man but wearing breast forms, don't kid yourself into thinking nobody notices, they do. They are just too polite to say anything.

Not everyone is that polite though and some folks here can tell you about being ridiculed or even physically attacked for the way they are dressed.

Silver Member
    How comfortable do I feel when out dressed or underdressed? When dressed, it depends on where I am going, who I am with, the environment I am in, who is around, the time of day.

Bobbi,

Oh how this thread resonates! I remember well how those first nervous, angst-driven times when Claire ventured out into the world, and somehow survived. But like others here I just had to do it!

Now years later I don't think twice about going out en femme. It's just me, it's natural and comfortable. Several have said -- and my wife says it too -- that I am much more at ease and easy to be with when I'm wearing the clothes I'm really comfy with. And I think this carries over into "passing". Funny thing is that sometimes people are surprised when they find out that I am not a GG. While the physical appearance may be part of that, I think it's really that my inner self just naturally comes to the surface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Very comfortable in my case but it took a long time to feel that way.

We are all nervous in the beginning about going out but with time practice and a presentation you are happy with it becomes easier.

So I would say I don't think about it as all as I go most places as Shelly.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I used to go out completely dressed. Shopping and Lunch. I passed surprisingly well for being 6'3.. I always wore flats so as not to
    attract attention. Worked very well.. Lately I am underdressing stockings panties slip bra and breastforms
    I usually wear a loose sweater or jacket. I am 40C and the breastforms are not obvious. I can shop as
    I please and each time the SAs are wonderful and know that I am honestly searching for something to buy.
    Never had a problem asking if I could use the dressing rooms.. I usually purchase something.

Panties and pantyhose is fun, especially walking in the mall with no socks and every step alittle pantyhose peeking out. The bra is a little bit tricky. Once had a friend come up from behind and bear hug me, he didn't say anything but who knows. Another time we meet my wife's cousin and as we were talking she had her arm around me and twisting her fingers in the back of the bra subconsciously as she was taking to my wife. I was sweating bullets.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    I've never been out fully en-femme. I go out underdressed quite a lot though. I certainly feel comfortable and I don't feel threatened (although that's not going to apply when underdressed) but I do feel nervous sometimes because of the worry about being spotted. I got caught a coupe of times years ago so I'm very weary of it.

When I was 18ish walking to the shops one day underdressing in knickers and stockings and suspenders. I passed a woman on the way who as she approached me began to smile a smile that got wider and wider. It was quite windy, her skirt was flapping around which made me look down at my legs. I saw that my trousers were flapping as well and the outline of the suspender straps was clearly visible against my legs. My face has been beetroot coloured ever since.

A few years later and I was underdressed in a blue bra and knickers and a woman called unannounced to be shown around the house that was for sale. I showed her around and was relived that when showing her the bathroom, in the mirror it wasn't possible to see the bra I was wearing under my t-shirt. However throughout this time she looked pensive and uneasy. After she left I saw myself in the hallway mirror. With the natural light of the sun shining in (rather than the artificial light of the bathroom) I could clearly see my bra straps through the t-shirt clear as day. I nearly died.

So unless you don't mind being clocked I think that you have to be very careful. But certainly there is something very nice and natural about being out underdressed in comfortable women's underwear, rather than in boring awkward male boxers and socks. Plus tights keep your legs warm and feel good under jeans, whereas socks just roll down and leave red marks on your calves. I'd love to summon the courage not to worry and go fully en-femme and can only admire those who do.
    Last edited by Jennifer B; 10-02-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Very comfortable and it didn't take me long. In fact I am in my underdressed mode now and have been out, although I never thought about someone suddenly throwing an arm around me, a bit scary that

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have always gotten more and more comfortable whilst out en femme.
    I even got a very nice compliment from an SA about my blue dress. I still have no idea if she “really knew”. Regardless, enjoyed it very much.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

under-dressed.... perfectly comfortable , in fact totally natural , fully en-femme outside {around other people } I’m getting there , outside with no people around.. im totally at ease.

yesterday I was out shopping in the mall near me underdressed with a blue pullover on under bra and forms, no one seamed to notice except one man who stared at me a bit more than normal I looked at him and smile at him in greeting and carried on then at the check out I met Valerie a long friend from close by, she did not notice at all the different shape of my body even though she had spotted me from further across the check out isles and we had a lovely chat and went on our ways. I nice way to finish my shopping.

I feel comfortable underdressed everywhere except at work. I don't wear bras to work. Totally dressed is another story. I am trying to get there though especially when I am in Austin. Maybe one day, I will meet someone that I can go out more often in public.

The more you do either the less you think about it.

It is second nature to me these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Was a bit nervous the first couple of times underdressed, but quickly realized that no one could tell or was even looking for that matter. Was a bit more anxious the first time at work in a garter belt and thigh highs as the thin casual pants I had on readily showed the outlines if you knew what to look for. Now it's just everyday wear and I don't really think about it at all.

Bra's are another story as here in south Fl. it's too hot most of the year to wear much besides thin shirts. So a bra is a tricky item here. I have been hugged and patted on the back by folks when I was wearing one with no one ever having said a word. So I think either folks just don't notice or they just don't want to say anything.

Getting to the point of wearing bra's out a lot more than I used to.

Charlotte

I have worn a bra with a plain white tee without eliciting any reaction. Of course, its a bit cooler up North, and I always wear a short slip which is easier to tuck into pants, and the bra helps keep the non-adjustable straps on the slip from falling off my shoulders (probably because I have no natural boobs, and breastforms do not seem appropriate for underdressing). The slip also "hides" the bra adjustors, straps, and back clasp.

Underdressing for me became a matter of necessity. For many years I wore men's bikini and string bikini underwear. A few years ago, Jockey stopped making men's Elance bikinis and replaced them with something that looked like high leg Y-fronts. I tried two pair of those and they chafed at the crotch and were uncomfortable. Last year I switched over to Jockey women's Elance string bikinis, and I could not be happier. They fit me better than men's underwear ever did. I also wear VS string bikinis and hipsters.

I actually feel pretty comfortable going out. I will go out to most places, shopping, restaurant, club. Of course I would probably not got out to a sports bar or a hooters or something of that nature. I was just traveling for work, had to leave my clothes at home, and felt sad going out in boy mode. As far as underdressing, I have not done so before.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I've been under dressing so long it doesn't even register with me anymore, out dressed, I own it, I go about my business, walk tall , if someone has a problem then that's their problem, have had only one bad experience, and that was being called a queer from a pick up going by. I dress fully with make up but do not wear a wig and I am bald, I present as a man in a dress, or a sexy bald chick, the first time was hard I'll admit, but now it's a piece of cake, i just choose carefully where I o dressed. I've been to the super market, and lowes dressed en femme and had no problems, just don't dress like a ***** when picking up the groceries and you'll be OK.

I don't underdress as often as I used to as find that I now prefer the process of dressing and leaving my home totally en femme. My wife was aware that I was undressing at work ..... most days, which made her a bit uneasy. Suspenders, stockings, bumster/cheeky panties under my suit, it sure took the stress out of work. I am reasonably comfortable going out enfemme and find dressing mentally relaxing. In a dressed mindset I am almost oblivious to what others reactions are.