Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing the Girl For the First Time

Seeing the Girl For the First Time

I recently ordered a wig from Wigs.com, a beautiful Louis Ferre "Jennifer" model in the Moccachino color, for half price. I tried it on the first time last Friday in a hurry, wearing my guy jeans and T shirt and male glasses, and saw a dude who looked like he should be working in the physics lab at Cal Tech.

Oh, well, back to the drawing board. So today, after clearing up a client meeting and a lot of phone calls, I had an hour or two at home. I grabbed a Victoria's Secret bra and panties, a pair of Aeropostale denim jeggings, a Hollister T shirt and my wig, and put myself together.

Even in just bra, panties and wig, I started to see a girl in the mirror. Fully clothed, Carly finally came to life, and I almost cried. I am sorry I have to say it, even without makeup and a half day beard shadow, I looked freaking CUTE!

Sorry, no photos. I am out to my wife, and have the run of the house and sometimes the gardens, but she does not want anyone else to ever know about me or find out about me.

Even so, it felt amazing to finally realize this wonderful feminine part of myself.

Platinum Member
    Hi Carly, Your wig is your Crowning Glory.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Awesome I'm glad you saw the girl.

It's amazing when you first see her, isn't it? I had the same reaction (almost crying.) Congratulations.

How wonderful! I had the same reaction after my first time wearing a wig. Well, to be honest it was more like OMG I'm actually NOT hideous! I wish I could be pretty. Cute is totally out of the question.

But it's a very happy, giddy feeling isn't it? I love it!

Ahhhh, that wonderful feeling when things start to come together. I really enjoy those rare moments, plus all the others in between!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Wait til you start trying different wigs
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Banned Read only
    Ahh yes, it's kinda cool isn't it!

I tried to stay close to my mousy brown hair with my first wig. If I can scrape up a few more simoleons for another hit on the sale at Wigs.com, I am going either blond or red for the next one.

Update: My wife stole the cute grey Hollister T-shirt and traded me a women's American Eagle T shirt for it -- and she is complaining about the cost of my cherished Body by Victoria bras and saying I can get them cheaper elsewhere. Great problems to have, I think.
    Last edited by OCCarly; 10-19-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Reality Check
    I never saw the "girl" until I got my first decent wig. It took three tries to get the one that makes me Krisi so when they had a really good sale I bought a second as a spare. It truly is a woman's "crowning glory" and I can more readily understand the pain a woman has if she loses her natural hair.

Years ago I had long hair and my girlfriend helped me see the girl with the addition of a little makeup.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats Carly, it's amazing what the right wig can do isn't it. Working with a wife or SO can also produce some amazing results.

Karen

That's nice to hear Carly. You should see if your wife will let you take a picture with your face mostly hidden with your hair. That way, you still keep your anonymity, and you could post the picture online, then delete it from your camera. Just a thought. I know how she feels though about not wanting anyone to find out.

And you've yet to experience the joy of seeing yourself when you are fully made-up. That, to me, is when everything falls into place.

When I had long hair it was easy to see the girl. Now that I'm almost bald I have yet to find a decent wig. Bummer

I have never seen her I am 51 years old. tried on different items at times but never dressed head to toe makeup wig shoes that fit. I am seriously thinking about going to a salon that specialize in cd and transgender makeovers. I wanted to do this for over 20 years but was chicken. cross-dressers forum has been a God send. thanks

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCarly View Post
    ...I tried it on the first time last Friday in a hurry, wearing my guy jeans and T shirt and male glasses, and saw a dude who looked like he should be working in the physics lab at Cal Tech.
    I had a good chuckle at this line, reminded of a UK comedy sketch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLuzq1GKuao

Putting on my wig is the crowning glory for me. Once I've done my makeup, I like to ignore the mirror until the hair goes on. Never fails to give me an immense surge in happiness.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    I can't ever see the girl if I have any beard shadow. I need some minimal makeup to hide the dude before Jennifer is home.

Quote Originally Posted by stacifox13 View Post
    I have never seen her I am 51 years old. tried on different items at times but never dressed head to toe makeup wig shoes that fit. I am seriously thinking about going to a salon that specialize in cd and transgender makeovers. I wanted to do this for over 20 years but was chicken. cross-dressers forum has been a God send. thanks
    You can call and make an appointment with a make-up counter at Macy's or Nordstrom's. You don't need to go to a specialized place for TGs or CDs - they probably have one working there! They will ask which brand you want, make an appointment, and you will walk out in full glory. The first time I had a make-over I was also fitted for a wig, and when it was on and trimmed to fit my face (very important, I think) the girl said "now look in the mirror" as she swung me around to a full face view. I did, nearly cried, and said "OMG - I am PRETTY!" I had nooo idea I could look like that, like Nancy.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Jo-ann View Post
    When I had long hair it was easy to see the girl. Now that I'm almost bald I have yet to find a decent wig. Bummer
    There are decent wigs out there so if you can't find one you like on your own, go to a wig shop. Not the one in the mall with the multicolored and "glamor" wigs, a small shop that sells wigs to women(and men) who have lost their hair and want normal looking hair.

the first time I fully dressed head to toe was amazing...when I turned and looked in the mirror, I cried because "SHE" was finally real and staring back at me..........

I remember seeing Tricia for the first time when I was 17, when I just got a decent wig for the first time. I wish so bad I had a photo from that day. Now, 14 years later I still get the same startled thrill when I walk past a full length mirror in a department store, or see my reflection in a plate glass window.

OMG yes! The first time I seen myself as a girl I could not believe it. I thought 'who is this person I'm looking at?'. I looked and myself, smiled and giggled in disbelief. Even when tried to stand or pose manly I just seen a girl. I have long hair and what does it for me, is when I put it up in a bun on top, or headband or a flower. I see the girl often now, even without makeup or too done up.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i can remember when I saw myself a few years ago again for the first time.... after my 7 year purge....I got goosebumps, and I got scared. What was I doing ? Where was I headed ? I knew I passed that "line" again, it was a familiar place, but I wasnt so sure it was where I wanted to be. I stared at myself in the mirror, and flashbacks of my past CD life filled my head. Was I going down that path again? Did I go too far ? Is this what I want ? Am I Happy ? Is this what I want? I guess it was

Banned Read only
    OCC:

I understand the feeling and it really does take you by surprise. The first time I went to see Phoebe Cross was about 2 years ago. I had my own clothes by that time, but no wig or makeup. I got dressed and she did the makeup and put one of her wigs on me. When she turned me around to face the mirror, I was truly amazed. I didn't cry, but it was the first time that I realized that I could actually do this and not look like a caricature. That was a revelation, simply put.

I think the important thing is to take those positive feelings and build upon them.

Good Luck!

DeeAnn