Thread: Charity show last night

Charity show last night

Last night I went out as Ceera to a music performance that was a charity fundraiser to support SafePlace - a center for assisting victims of sexual or domestic abuse. A musical trio that are friends of mine was performing, along with one other female artist who I had seen perform before but not had a chance to talk to, and two others who were new to me. The event was downtown, at the Scottish Rite Theater - a rather nice small stage venue.

The doors were to open at 6 PM, with a dinner before the show and the show starting at 7 PM and going to 10 PM. While the place has its own parking lot, I was a little concerned about finding a place to park downtown at that time of day.

At 3 PM I started getting ready, and planned to leave my house at 5. I wore my silver sequined black top, a knee length black skirt, black patterned hose, and black Mary Jane's wedgies with 2 inch high heels.I was ready by 4 PM, and waited at home until 4:45, at which point my daughter suggested, "Just go now. You need to be sure you'll find a parking spot."

Well, it only took me 20 minutes to get there, and I was able to get one of three available spots in their lot. But now I had nearly an hour to kill! Sat in my car for a bit. Got out and walked to the closed door of the theater but didn't try it, since the doors were not supposed to open until 6. Went back to my car. Then another car pulled into the lot, and two ladies got out and started to unload several musical instruments. I kind of recognized one of the ladies as the performer I had seen once or twice before. So I got out and offered to help them carry their stuff inside.

They were quite happy to accept my help. Turned out the door was unlocked and I could have gone in anyway! Carried their stuff onto the stage and then let them get to their preparations while I went back to the lobby to show the ticket takers at the door that I did have a ticket, and to chat with someone I knew - the wife of one of the performers in the trio.

Tried to be helpful for the next half hour or so, and chatted with several people. I didn't have tickets of the dinner part of the event, so when others when downstairs to eat, I offered to stay and watch my friend's camera and merchandise table (where the trio had shirts and CD's for sale).

The whole time I was there, no one acted in any way as if I was anything but a genetic girl - although the friend whose camera I was watching does know I am a MtF TG. Got complemented several times on how nice I looked, which felt great. And there was at least one definite GG there who was taller and more muscular looking than me, so my height and build didn't mark me too badly.

Unfortunately the viewer turnout for the show wasn't that great. 30 or so ladies, including me, and one guy. During the show a few more came in, including two more guys.

The show was fantastic. I got to sit in the front row for three hours of great music. A photographer there took a few pictures of me (as well as pictures of several other attendees), and I gave her one of my cards so she could send me a copy later. From when she showed me on the display on her high-end digital camera, I think it came out quite nice.

After the show I got to talk with all the performers, and got a thank-you hug from the lady whose gear I had helped to bring in.

All told, it was a wonderful night!
    Last edited by Ceera; 10-30-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Very cool!

Sounds like an enjoyable event and you got to assist in putting it on - wonerful