Thread: Surprise this morning

Surprise this morning

I had told my wife about my crossdressing prior to getting married. I could tell she was uncomfortable about the issue so I never tried to push anything on her. I had always hoped she would come and talk with me when she felt comfortable yet that never happened. After we were married, I went through a cycle of purging until the last time when she found my things. At that point we sat down and had a long talk. We both tend to keep emotions bottled up and we agreed that we needed to be more open with each other in our conversation and emotions. She acknowledged that crossdressing is a part of me and that she loves me but she is having a hard time with her imagination running wild and the what "ifs". I had always encouraged her to talk with me about any concerns that she may be having, yet she never seemed comfortable asking questions. However, this morning, I was sitting on the couch playing my PS4 when she came up and asked me if it is "ok" right now to talk about things. I was surprised but happy that she had was being more transparent with me. She expressed more concerns from her standpoint and had some questions for me as well. I guess the big thing is after the conversation was done, she came over, we kissed and she said that was much better talking than fighting about it. I felt the exact same way. Anyway, just very please with this the open communication this morning and hoping it continues in the future.

I am curious as to why this conversation was not held prior to your marrying. I do mean curious and I am not being critical. I have seen several posts saying that one's cross dressing was revealed before marriage yet it did not seem to help in fully accepting cross dressing. Why is this?

I am so happy for you Skylar. I think you played things very well. Never pushy, open and honest and encouraging. I predict a much more fulfilling life for both of you from here on out (not that it hasn't been).

Gone to live my life
    Hi Skylar,

Open communication is a good thing so keep that going forward.

Cheers

Isha

Banned Read only
    And that is the receipe for success. Open, honest communication. Good luck to both of you.