Thread: Truck fail.

Truck fail.

So I had my first car fail while dressed. My truck blew a small coolant line near the thermostat. Steam came out from under the hood, but luckily I was a block from the auto parts store. I pull in, pop the hood, get out the screwdriver, and start undoing the clamps. had it off in no time. So I walk right in, drop the old one on the counter. The guy looks it up then heads to the back. "I'm sorry mam, we don't have it" Then I'm "well, this probably isn't the kind of thing to have pre molded. Don't you have any line this size"? Well, uhhh,,, we have fuel line... Well, if it holds gas, it should certainly hold coolant... Uhhh,,, yea,,, I guess it would! Anywho despite the counter guy being a bit dim, they wer cool about letting me into the back room to get water to re-fill with.
    Then, another time, I'm wearing a frilly dress, when the solenoid went out. I popped the hood, pulled out a screw driver and jumped it right there in the middle of the Kroger parking lot! then stopped at the parts store for a new one and changed it in their parking lot.
    Moral of the stories. Things will happen, but they aren't the end of the world because we are being who we are!

I would LOVE to have seen the counter guys face, would have been classic xx
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 09-20-2015 at 04:48 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the OP.

As a car guy (gal?) With an actually used 4x4, I can relate, your post gave me a chuckle. Mechanics (rollseyes) cracked me up sometimes. Guess that's why the wife sends me to take the cars in.

I always take a backpack with mens casual type clothes and makeup remover with me when I'm out en femme for just such occasions. This saved the day once when I had a tire blow out on me!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    To be honest. I worked in an independant auto parts store for 21 years and now a car dealership for a year and half. So I hope no one says a gurl cant make a good parts person or a tech. And believe me there are just as many men as women who have no idea what so ever how to fix a vehicle or even what makes it run. Dont be too concerened about what you are wearing at the time, if you can just fix it and be glad you know how.
    Erica

I had something like this before, was going downtown with some girlfriends and the car got a flat. Me being the only gentic male was "volunteered" to change the tire. So there I was in a mini skirt, heels and low cut top changing a tire in a CVS parking lot. But I did get hit on by a cop which was kinda fun.

Girls, even GGs can certainly fix stuff. Someone telling my GF she can't fix bikes will get told off pretty sharply!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Fixes engines and plays guitar en femme?

Respect!
    I used to have a short attention spa

I had an experience that almost gave me a heartattack. I was dressed and heading to the city when my car stalled at a toll booth. I had no idea what the heck I was gonna do if my car was dead. Luckily it started up again and I was on my way in less than 2 minutes, which seemed like an eternity. After that I started carrying an emergency kit in my car with make up wipes sweat pants and gym shoes

Silver Member
    I had a flat wearing a mini and 5 inch platform heels. I pulled into a parking lot and it took about 5-10 minutes to change the flat and ruin my favorite heels. I should have had an emergency clothing change bag.

I'm glad you can do it.

I'm not much of a car person.... I guess I'm more girl than guy in that respect. I can change a tire, but if I were in girl mode and this happened, I have a AAA card, a cell phone and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Platinum Member
    You may be able to make minor repairs at the drop of a hat, but, not all of us are so handy...en drab or en femme. I carry a change of male clothing with me. I wouldn't want to get a pretty dress dirty when changing a tire.

that sounded like a truck win to me
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

Platinum Member
    Hi 51-50, I'm glad that you didn't let life get in the way.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi 51-50, I'm glad that you didn't let life get in the way.
    Thanks! which is kinda what this post is all about really! Things are going to happen. Don't let fears of being en-fem get in your way!
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisB View Post
    I always take a backpack with mens casual type clothes and makeup remover with me when I'm out en femme for just such occasions. This saved the day once when I had a tire blow out on me!
    Yea I don't really have to much of that stuff any more. How about a pair of my girl jeans to protect a nice dress and some touch up just in case I trash my makeup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire95 View Post
    I would LOVE to have seen the counter guys face, would have been classic xx
    They know me at both Auto Zone and O'Riley's. They don't bat an eye anymore. (not that they ever really noticed in the first place.

Always used to keep water heater hose and extra coolant in the trunk, along with a tool kit and a few other common replacement parts. I drove old cars for most of my working life and had to learn mechanics in self defense. Necessity is a mother.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by taylormercedes View Post
    I had something like this before, was going downtown with some girlfriends and the car got a flat. Me being the only gentic male was "volunteered" to change the tire. So there I was in a mini skirt, heels and low cut top changing a tire in a CVS parking lot. But I did get hit on by a cop which was kinda fun.
    How discriminating of them! that's funny.