So I had my first car fail while dressed. My truck blew a small coolant line near the thermostat. Steam came out from under the hood, but luckily I was a block from the auto parts store. I pull in, pop the hood, get out the screwdriver, and start undoing the clamps. had it off in no time. So I walk right in, drop the old one on the counter. The guy looks it up then heads to the back. "I'm sorry mam, we don't have it" Then I'm "well, this probably isn't the kind of thing to have pre molded. Don't you have any line this size"? Well, uhhh,,, we have fuel line... Well, if it holds gas, it should certainly hold coolant... Uhhh,,, yea,,, I guess it would! Anywho despite the counter guy being a bit dim, they wer cool about letting me into the back room to get water to re-fill with.
Then, another time, I'm wearing a frilly dress, when the solenoid went out. I popped the hood, pulled out a screw driver and jumped it right there in the middle of the Kroger parking lot! then stopped at the parts store for a new one and changed it in their parking lot.
Moral of the stories. Things will happen, but they aren't the end of the world because we are being who we are!