Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closet Confidence Crash...

Closet Confidence Crash...

Or: Escape from the doldrums…

Those of you who know me know that I’m a largely closet girl, courtesy of my secretive circumstances and… well, just circumstances really. Even at a peak I wouldn’t dress more than once a week and often much less, but this year has really turned down a lot. After going out in January and having an absolute ball, fully glammed (here if you’re interested: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post3687682) the year turned very drab. I really felt like I wanted to, but time after time I’d prep for it but it just didn’t happen… I had in mind getting some alternate evening dresses – that got me inspired for one session in June – and then back to the doldrums again.

I was beginning to wonder if I was close to purging again…

Or am I losing my confidence that this is really part of me…?

At the same time as thinking that I was conflicted with feelings of: “Wouldn’t it be great just to drop this stupid, abnormal obsession…” (feeling negative) with “But I’m sure I miss it and how it makes me feel so good and so right?” (more positive). And then the lingering fear that I think many of us have: “What if I need more than this? How much am I repressing something more?” Hmmm…

So it took me a while, but this is really a post of encouragement for those in a similar situation to my own… I got everything prepped for today, and this time the antsy, arsey, lazy part of me got squished under a shapely stiletto…

I feel soooo much better… my makeup was a bit lazy, but presentable – I had some new kit to try out, and some of it worked – but mostly, I’ve recovered the feel good thing that I get through expressing this weird part of me. I still can’t explain why just a few hours relaxing , dressed, snapping a few pics, flicking my hair around should have such a positive impact but it does. The ‘girl will out’ I guess… And what I’m saying to my fellow Closeteers is this:

Try to ensure you get your time when you can, whatever rules you have to bend, mountains that need moving – it may not be as easy or convenient for us to do it, but it doesn’t make it any less important to our emotional well-being to have that outlet for this much needed expression. As I am fond of saying to others, I should have remembered this earlier..

Keep Calm & Carry On!

Katey x
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-20-2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Spelling!
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    So you're a largely closet girl are you? I always thought you were quite slim!

xxNikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Thank you !

Banned Read only
    K8:

It would seem that desires and motivations come and go. When they go, it is much easier for laziness or rationalization to take over (and maybe even guilt, from the voice of experience!). What works for me is to purchase an item (doesn't have to be large or expensive) and see how that fits into the grand scheme. I will have a particular purpose when I buy something, but to me it is fun when I see what other applications might be possible. When I hit upon something unexpected, that may be a reason to jumpstart things. However, I will admit that the valleys, for me, don't tend to be more that a couple of weeks at most.

DeeAnn

Good for you Katey :-)

Phew! With that over and done with, you fortunately dont have to worry about it again for another 6 months or so .... no wait, thats not how it works! Whatcha' doing tomorrow? ;-)

Hugs
    Suzie

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hi Kate, I feel ya'. After watching Ms. Jenner's very public metamorphosis, I began wondering what it was all about for me. As always, it became clear that this is my special gift. I get to have two complete worlds of gender whereas most only get relegated to just one. WE all pull away with that, "what am I doing?" thing but, that's just the teachings of more primitive times showing through. I will never be able to trans, physical and societal limitations but, I sure do love getting all dolled up as the woman of my dreams and fantasies. And, what's wrong with just being happy?

Just be happy and enjoy your gift.

Aren't the one's that put so much energy into being ubermale just kinda' insecure with their constant desire for affirmation?

Just be a girl, Honey!

You know you love it!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    If only the great feeling we experience while dressing could be captured in a new pill or a drink, wouldn't this world be a lovelier place for all !
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Katey, excellent post. I've gone through the same experiences (this summer, in fact). Great advice from a lovely girl.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Katey,

Glad to see you got a chance to put your glam on after long to and fro . So . . . are we going to see any new pictures of Lady K any time soon

Cheers

Isha

I totally feel the same way, Katey. IF I don't get some girl time, after a while I start to feel a bit stifled and start questioning things about my dressing. I've gone this long, do I really need to? Maybe it's something else? etc.

But once I get girled up, I feel so much better, and I don't really know why! Glad you got some time in and thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
    Raeleen

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Katey, great post. I've never been to the point of purging or taking things further (surgery or hormones) but
    many times wondered why the hell this is part of my life ? Then I get dressed up again and that question goes
    away at least for a while. The guy side of me likes to look at well dressed sexy women and most men stop there.
    What clicks over in a CD's mind and says "damn, I want to be/look like her" ?? Even if only for a few hours.

Maybe we'll never figure it out, but it is just how we are. At least we're not alone. We have some great sisters
    here !!!
    Hugs
    Samantha

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Hi Katey,
    I often wonder if all those years I spend in drab were just me subconsciously trying to make it go away. I did put a dress on in 2001 for a fancy dress party but don't recall the strong feelings frocking up gives me now. I have closeted friends here who regularly last months without the urge succeeding and even then can be a little 'take it or leave it'. But I guess shows the uniqueness of all of us, and the futility of a few defining terms.

Be interesting to see how / if this recent frock up opens the taps (or floodgates) for more Katey time. I'd be surprised if she goes away for any extended period again soon.

And where are the pics????

xx xx xx
    Call me Donna, please

Closeteers. I love it. Good one.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Oh, I sooooooooooooooooo know what you mean, Katey. My closet door is cracked open slightly, but certainly not enough to consider myself "out". It's been nearly a whole year since I had more than an hour or two while my family was out at the grocery store or what have you.

When its all "hurry hurry hurry, the clock is ticking!", it is so hard to get to that mental place where I feel the peace and wholeness ... "rightness" ... what ever you wanna call it ... those fireworks that light up in our crossdresser brains when we let our girl out.

When I'm racing the clock and stressing like that, it's like fireworks in the rain (to extend the metaphor). It's not that enjoyable, and the fireworks won't light ... and at the end of it all you're just wondering why you even tried so hard to make something so impossible happen.

It reminds me of trying to schedule time for creativity ... like ... "I have 20 minutes scheduled today to get inspired and write my new song" ... yeah sure, lol!

And of course, after such a long string of failures like that, it starts to fray the nerves, and make my day to day dude self irritable.

It's the crossdresser's blues, baby. Like the opposite of a pink fog, lol.

It is important to make space for ourselves in our lives ... but it is just a battle sometimes. Easier said than done! So glad you found yourself a girly oasis! We all need one from time to time!
    Last edited by Amy Fakley; 09-20-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Katey I agree

Confidence is a crazy thing. It can inspire people to get out but it can just as easily evaporate when you step out the door. Mostly its a problem if you go too long between doing what you love.

Being in the closet presents its own challenges. The cost of purging can be high but also we have to weigh that up against the cost of being outed where it all goes wrong.

I am sure this is part of you Katey but life never seems to make things easy.

I know what you mean about where will this end. That's a question one one can answer for you.
    As someone who was in the closet when I joined this forum I have changed a lot. I am now out more than I would ever thought possible.

You have to be as happy as you can be.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    So you're a largely closet girl are you? I always thought you were quite slim!
    You wag! So I should have said 'closeted', I know.. but I was buzzing on adrenaline, caffeine and endorphins...

Thanks all - I'm glad it struck a chord... It makes me feel better that I'm not feeling this things alone. I almost feel like I should have made myself do this more recently - but that would be silly and possibly counter-productive... I can't see the makeup going on particularly well if I'm feeling antsy and lazy and that would NOT be an inspiring look..

Pics? Me - post pics...?

Up in about 20...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi Katey, IF YOU EVER get this program figured out, PLEASE explain it to the rest of us.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thank you Katy, your post has helped me understand some of the same things I have been dealing with for the past year. Once again a Very Big Thank You.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Very well expressed, sweetie! As you well know, for us closeted girls, every opportunity to express ourselves can be such a relief. So good for you! My own next chance is coming in a few days ...

Banned Read only
    Wow, thank you for the inspirational post Katey! 😊

Good for you Katey! I'm glad you got to do this.
    Reine

Good post as always Katey.

"Closeteers" mmmm, is that a show we can promote on the Disney channel that has our own catchy but ditzy theme tune?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Katey, regardless of how little time you spend dressed, you're on this forum a LOT of the time. Why purge? (oh, yes to get a NEW wardrobe) Why feel antsy? (cos the male mode aint working my friend)

xxx Pammie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Katey, IF YOU EVER get this program figured out, PLEASE explain it to the rest of us.
    I'll call this a hypothesis. It's like hunger (for food). Sometimes a salad is fine; at other times you need a big juicy steak.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hello Katey,
    Somehow I was thinking you had it all figured out. Your posts seem so positive when I read them. Anyway, I see you are like the rest of us. I too was having issues during the middle of the week. Almost purged everything again, thinking it would be best. However I didn't and had a wonderful time out on Saturday. My wife had a surprise party planned, I was enfem, and with other CD/TS. We had dinner and went to a local bar. We walked in and there was a cake, done more friends and an online friend that I have yet to meet. It turned out great.
    So tired line you said, we need our time to be us. No matter what our we will go crazy. Friends online and real time to support us. Maybe we are crazy maybe the others are crazy. I am glad to hear you got back on track.
    Keep on chooglin'
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination