Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who takes your pictures?

who takes your pictures?

I see many girls in beautiful poses, dresses and environments in the photo section. I always wonder who's doing the picture taking? or how did you do that on your own?

Friend, spouse, significant other, strangers who are walking by, selfie stick?

What do you do with your phone, rotate it to face you? do you have a mount that it sits in? Do you use a timer?

I know, I ask too many questions but I want to make myself beautiful like you all.

Also, any posing, staging tips would be awesome. Should I have posted this in the photo section?

Digital camera with ten second shutter timer and a mini-tripod (for a tabletop). I take a lot of mug shots and just a few full body shots. When the shutter is pressed starting the timer, I mentally count down while checking my pose/expression in a hand mirror held right in front of the camera, then remove it at count 8 or 9, trying to remain perfectly still for the remaining second or two. I take lots of pics, hoping for a good few.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lena, I have a good tripod and my camera has a very small remote that sets the0:0:10 second timer with the auto focus.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Traditional digital camera's are so "old school" these days, but some Olympus models used to have a small remote control you could order -- those work okay.

You can get an app called "open camera" for android phone/tablets, which you can program to delay the camera shutter for 10 secs for instance, then take a "burst" of photos, like 5 in a row every 5 seconds. Used that recently and really liked it! I'm sure Apple has some app that will do the same thing.

Combine above with simple tripod and you are good to go!
    Bart: "So Milhouse, what's it feel like riding a girl's bike?"
    Milhouse: "Disturbingly comfortable!"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robynbrianna/

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I used to use a basic digital camera, but the running back and forth and trying to figure out a pose in 10 seconds became too much of a pain in the ass. Now I'm using my cell phone and a selfie stick. The quality isn't as good, but the pics seem better simply because I can see what I'm doing.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Tripod and digital camera.

I use my phone camera and a tripod

Lena,

I do take most of my pictures, although my wife has helped me sometimes, when I have asked her.

@--}----
    Michelle

I use my phone camera propped on the bureau, the screen facing me so I can see myself in it, and an app called triggercam. The app gives me 10 seconds to get into the frame, then it shoots ten pix at 5 second intervals. So I can pose and writhe. Then I delete the worst of them, and count it lucky to come out with one good photo per burst. I also use a regular 35mm digital camera on a tripod with the time-delay shutter.

But mostly I use my wife - she likes to take good pix of my outfits. That's the simplest and best.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I use the old stand-by. Digital camera, tripod and set the timer. Call me old school.
    Erica

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    I take some pictures myself otherwise my wife loves taking pics of me also!!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Nikon D5200 on tripod, remote control, Cowboy Studio lighting kit, lots of photography theory, lots of modelling theory, one good shot for every 20 taken. Example below. Pet peeves: low res, blurry shots from smartphones. PM if you want to discuss.

15186953861_ecb03ded8a_z.jpg

I transitioned from digital pictures to digital video. It is quite a lot easier to make a high def (1080p) video of yourself and then grab still images from the footage, then to use the self timer on a camera. The trick is to stand still for a second with each pose, otherwise the images will be blurred from motion.

I only use digital pictures for the most important, must-get-it-right shots. Otherwise, it's video for the self stuff.

I avoid using a cell phone because I don't trust the security. Sure, they seem harmless, but they have the potential to be completely open and hackable--if someone was interested in getting access to the phone. A digital camera or video camera that is not attached to the internet is significantly more secure.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

I have tried to do pictures by using a mirror and delay. I set the phone up on the counter where it focuses and I can see the screen in the mirror. But it limits where I can take pictures - in the bathrooms or in my daughters bedroom are the only permanent mirrors. Maybe I should use my wife's portable makeup mirror.

My phone :P
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Iphone and balance
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the thread Lena, I've often wondered myself! I have some nice sun bathing shots of myself compliments of Google Earth but always thought there's a better way😀

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Smartphone camera with a countdown timer on tripod with phone adapter.

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    A Digital SLR, Tripod, and a Remote... then lots of Photoshop!!!
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Learning to take good photos is quite simple. Like learning anything it takes practice, practice, practice.

The best and easiest way to start is with a decent camera. U can get them for about $100. Like I did. When I wanted sharer, better images in low lite I bought a better one. It all depends on how fussy u r. Some r quite happy with poor quality phone pics of their mirror reflction. Or, those selfies of that same facial express!!!!ion in from of some nearly unrecognizable back ground.;
    I have found that liting is the most important thing for really good pics. Then, the angles of both your camera and u. Some my photos have a professional look to them now. But as others have said, I have 20 so so ones for every outstanding one,!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    DSLR,tripod & bathroom mirror. Tripod usually ends up with 2 of the feet in the tub/shower and
    I have to crop out the part of the counter and toilet that end up in the frame. It's a small bathroom.
    I find it easier to pose in front of the mirror so I can see when I'm looking stupid (95% of the time)
    Take a lot of pictures so I have enough to choose from. I'm not going to take all that time getting dressed
    and then only take 3 or 4 pics. This girl is getting documented !!! Good luck & have fun with it.
    Hugs
    Samantha

phone and digital camera with a timer.

Lester Bogen.

He makes tripods. (Anyone remember the rumor about the 1/4-20 thread somewhere on his anatomy?)

Actually, I did not always get the tripod out- but typically set the time for a shot- or a string of shots. The string of multiple shots is a little harder to set up- you have to plan your moves- but it is fun! Lots of shot wasted, if it were silver film probably well over $1000 wasted. But because it is digital- only time and a few cents worth of power from re-chargable batteries.

<below> Lester Bogen showing off the strength of one of his tripods.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Krististeph; 09-23-2015 at 04:30 AM.

I'm still on digital camera set on high res and using the 10sec timer.
    I've found it takes great patience to get a good shot and most are discarded.
    I also crop the better views, but I don't use photoshop.

I own a few cameras as I am a hobbyist anyway. If I'm using a compact then I use a timer. If I break out my SLR, I have a remote control for that. I mount all the cameras on a tripod. Sometimes I use flash and sometimes not. If I'm using my camera, I always use the one facing me for maximum, self -indulgent pouting. X