Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: who takes your pictures?

Me

An iphone is enough for me. I put it on somewhere and set the timer, then it's okay

Just call me Queen of the selfie stick lol.... Yes I'm THAT girl haha
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Depending upon what I want to achieve I have several strategies:

1) I like to work on my makeup skills and track my progress- so a consistent set of pictures at the vanity from left, right, center with the cell phone. Same distance, camera, lighting....it's a good comparison

2) For simple self pics, the webcam is great. The resolution isn't high but it softens everything, the color is just okay in most lighting situations, it's fast and easy, pics are immediately available on the computer....the biggest advantage is a large screen staring back at you so you can get the right look.

3) For glamour shots - the wife takes the photos. She gets very excited about the whole process and is picky about the look, most of my pics are horrible and get deleted. If we get 1 pic of 20 I like then it's a success. I love to dress up in a coordinated outfit and work on my look.

4) Finally, any other pics I use a tripod with a DSLR and a remote. Remotes are available for almost all DSLR's, even the oldest canons. You pick them up for around $10-20. They are small and easily lost, the most recent I bought was an amazon branded remote for canon for $10.00.

I/we take lots of photos for self-improvement, documenting my growth, finding what look really works and where I crash and burn. Plus it's lots of fun....

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Digital camera on a tripod mostly. Usually with the timer. Sometimes I'll get a bonus shot if I change up the scene. I'm not a pro but I do like to play with lighting and venue. I've also gotten some nice stills from video using an inexpensive HD camcorder.

In this shot I'm seeing the pose on a wifi tablet.

sadman_sophia_carla_bg2.JPG

Here, the lighting kinda dazzles the shot.

SAM_0500a.JPG

I'm always searching for the next best image and someday, I want to buy a real camera.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I mostly use DSLR on a tripod with an infra red remote - sometimes I use the self-timer but the remote gives more flexibility because you can just keep taking pics. I also take quite a few using my iphone and a mirror. Have just acquired a selfie-stick so will be exploring that as well.

Like most here I use a digital camera, tripod and self timer. I put a full length mirror in front of the tripod to see myself and make sure all is in place and my poses look okay. I set the timer for 20 seconds so I have ample time. Afterwards I will use a photo program on the pc to crop and adjust lighting etc.

I have a digital camera, a variety of tripods, full length to small travel size, use the timer on the camera. Lot's of running back and forth.

Oh yes! I love to take photos. I don't have a DSLR or remote. Mine are mostly tripod and self timer. In my avatar, the camera is sitting on a high dresser; there is a tall 150 watt lamp with the shade off and aluminum foil is crimped around the hoop to reflect more light; blank neutral wall in a corner.
    I should point out that with the shade off, the top of a lamp is usually the proper threads to mount your camera on top. Danger: there is a high chance of dropping your camera--take precautions.

I also like to place my camera on a window sill--great natural light. Sometimes, of course, you have to sit on the floor to get your face in the frame.

Aspiring Member
    Video tripod, AV cable to TV for monitoring, remote control on older 3mp point-and-shoot. Being able to see the composition on the monitor is priceless for staying in frame and getting the pose you're looking for. Forward-facing small monitor on the DSLR also works, but not as easy to see, and file size is ridiculous at 18mp.

Just be sure to hide the remote in your hand, and smile!

So far, all I've taken are selfies with my phone. I tried to let my friend take my picture, but I quickly discovered that she's not very good at taking them. I would like to buy a camera and a tripod, but I have to wait.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Lexi View Post
    I use a Samsung phone with an app called PicsArt it has a time lapse option that ranges from 1 sec to 30 sec I generally use the 15 sec app I usually take about 30 shots and find 5 that I like I've been trying for years to get a decent shot and PicsArt does it for me

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I screen shot the process for youAttachment 252166

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I hope this helps you it was a miracle for me also I bought a small little 8 by 10 mirror from the dollar store to set up next to my phone to help with posing
    OMG Lexi, I've seen you're before and after! How do do you rock that cleavage girl!!

I think I've tried it all. Digital camera on a tripod with timer....what a hassle. Cell phone camera on a tripod with remote shutter gizzmoe.....OK,but still have to pre set the camera view and then hope you are in the right spot to get the shot. Selfie stick......but selfie side of camera does not have a flash so face is always dark. I just bought a digital photo editing program. Photo Explosion and am learning how to brighten the photo, adjust the color and crop the digital pic files. I think this will help a great deal. Just playing with it now. Good Luck.