Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who takes your pictures?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

who takes your pictures?

I see many girls in beautiful poses, dresses and environments in the photo section. I always wonder who's doing the picture taking? or how did you do that on your own?

Friend, spouse, significant other, strangers who are walking by, selfie stick?

What do you do with your phone, rotate it to face you? do you have a mount that it sits in? Do you use a timer?

I know, I ask too many questions but I want to make myself beautiful like you all.

Also, any posing, staging tips would be awesome. Should I have posted this in the photo section?

Digital camera with ten second shutter timer and a mini-tripod (for a tabletop). I take a lot of mug shots and just a few full body shots. When the shutter is pressed starting the timer, I mentally count down while checking my pose/expression in a hand mirror held right in front of the camera, then remove it at count 8 or 9, trying to remain perfectly still for the remaining second or two. I take lots of pics, hoping for a good few.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lena, I have a good tripod and my camera has a very small remote that sets the0:0:10 second timer with the auto focus.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Traditional digital camera's are so "old school" these days, but some Olympus models used to have a small remote control you could order -- those work okay.

You can get an app called "open camera" for android phone/tablets, which you can program to delay the camera shutter for 10 secs for instance, then take a "burst" of photos, like 5 in a row every 5 seconds. Used that recently and really liked it! I'm sure Apple has some app that will do the same thing.

Combine above with simple tripod and you are good to go!
    Bart: "So Milhouse, what's it feel like riding a girl's bike?"
    Milhouse: "Disturbingly comfortable!"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robynbrianna/

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I used to use a basic digital camera, but the running back and forth and trying to figure out a pose in 10 seconds became too much of a pain in the ass. Now I'm using my cell phone and a selfie stick. The quality isn't as good, but the pics seem better simply because I can see what I'm doing.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Tripod and digital camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Tripod and digital camera.
    ditto for me
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

I use my phone camera and a tripod

I use my phone camera propped on the bureau, the screen facing me so I can see myself in it, and an app called triggercam. The app gives me 10 seconds to get into the frame, then it shoots ten pix at 5 second intervals. So I can pose and writhe. Then I delete the worst of them, and count it lucky to come out with one good photo per burst. I also use a regular 35mm digital camera on a tripod with the time-delay shutter.

But mostly I use my wife - she likes to take good pix of my outfits. That's the simplest and best.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I use the old stand-by. Digital camera, tripod and set the timer. Call me old school.
    Erica

I do a lot myself, sometimes when out the wife will take some for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    I use the old stand-by. Digital camera, tripod and set the timer. Call me old school.
    I'm an IT'er by trade but I still use the same equipment as Erica Marie. Just because my phone has a good camera, why would I throw my epic little camera and £5 tripod away? I still use a laptop instead of a pad because it has greater utility for me and I can't justify them at the price. Simple as that for me.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I just set the timer up on my Nikon D3100 and pose for pics from there. Really don't have anything beyond my bike in my dining room area of my apartment so it makes for a good posing area.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Nikon D5200 on tripod, remote control, Cowboy Studio lighting kit, lots of photography theory, lots of modelling theory, one good shot for every 20 taken. Example below. Pet peeves: low res, blurry shots from smartphones. PM if you want to discuss.

15186953861_ecb03ded8a_z.jpg

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella Ross View Post
    Nikon D5200 on tripod, remote control, Cowboy Studio lighting kit, lots of photography theory, lots of modelling theory, one good shot for every 20 taken. Example below. Pet peeves: low res, blurry shots from smartphones. PM if you want to discuss.

15186953861_ecb03ded8a_z.jpg
    Hi Isabella, It's easy to take great pictures when you star with a very lovely model !
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I transitioned from digital pictures to digital video. It is quite a lot easier to make a high def (1080p) video of yourself and then grab still images from the footage, then to use the self timer on a camera. The trick is to stand still for a second with each pose, otherwise the images will be blurred from motion.

I only use digital pictures for the most important, must-get-it-right shots. Otherwise, it's video for the self stuff.

I avoid using a cell phone because I don't trust the security. Sure, they seem harmless, but they have the potential to be completely open and hackable--if someone was interested in getting access to the phone. A digital camera or video camera that is not attached to the internet is significantly more secure.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

I have tried to do pictures by using a mirror and delay. I set the phone up on the counter where it focuses and I can see the screen in the mirror. But it limits where I can take pictures - in the bathrooms or in my daughters bedroom are the only permanent mirrors. Maybe I should use my wife's portable makeup mirror.

Lena,

I do take most of my pictures, although my wife has helped me sometimes, when I have asked her.

@--}----
    Michelle

Aspiring Member
    My phone and the mirror in my room. Selfie mode doesn't take kindly to me on most occasions.

I take the pics myself. DSLR on a tripod, using a remote that has a 2s timer button (so I can hide it )
    Then some color adjustments in lightroom
    - Dani

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    I take some pictures myself otherwise my wife loves taking pics of me also!!

My phone :P
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Iphone and balance
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Someone's been taking pictures of me...!?!?!

How did that happen...????

Darned NSA drones get everywhere...

OR...

Compact camera, mini-tripod and self-time - digital SLR, big tripod and remote control...

Tips - check results before you take dozens of pics and find they're out of focus or under-exposed...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the thread Lena, I've often wondered myself! I have some nice sun bathing shots of myself compliments of Google Earth but always thought there's a better way😀